Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Cael

Arcane
They mean expanding on the published pen and paper module.
I would like you to consider why my post is in no way even remotely proven wrong by yours.

Now you're just being a dense cunt.
If the module is not a classic, you dumbfuck, then their statement is wrong.

And it takes more than the creators calling something they made a classic for it to be a classic.

Learn English, fool.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's marketing heebe jeebies. I dont get why people get so worked up over this.

You expect then to say "adapting existing ruleset with many limitations and problems, but trust us, it will probably be good, pls buy we need food!"

?

ArchAngel

Arcane
They mean expanding on the published pen and paper module.
I would like you to consider why my post is in no way even remotely proven wrong by yours.

Now you're just being a dense cunt.
If the module is not a classic, you dumbfuck, then their statement is wrong.

And it takes more than the creators calling something they made a classic for it to be a classic.

Learn English, fool.
Among Pathfinder fans it is a classic as being one of the most popular modules. Things don't need to be a classic for everyone to be considered a classic.

Cael

Arcane
It's marketing heebe jeebies. I dont get why people get so worked up over this.

You expect then to say "adapting existing ruleset with many limitations and problems, but trust us, it will probably be good, pls buy we need food!"

?
Nah. I was merely poking fun at the hyperbole in my post but some fucktard had to make some sort of professional victim case out of it.

Codex Year of the Donut
New series of updates on Steam - character art: https://steamcommunity.com/games/Pathfinder_Kingmaker/announcements/detail/2582141086344611281

b319cfba266a41e0f189ff609f430e3b1d0db2ce.jpg
58cc05f358bc0464a6236161e396327de37adabf.jpg

https://steamcommunity.com/games/Pathfinder_Kingmaker/announcements/detail/2582141086350325059

73018dde98edcbb5dd44230e024d17feca796e0a.jpg
85f04d672489dbb4ba90e50ff6ba2b9ed5444e04.jpg
So... People in Pathfinder have ghost feet? They should get an artist that can draw the full characters and not skip the feet. :lol:
probably a reason for it
58fbf0dc285aa3954cf01480705aea42c6869762.jpg

Reinhardt

Arcane
Two front line fighters, bard, wizard/thief and edgy teenundead gothic elf inquisitor girl. Balanced party. I'll be cleric then.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
So... People in Pathfinder have ghost feet? They should get an artist that can draw the full characters and not skip the feet. :lol:
probably a reason for it
12.png
Fix it for you mate ;).

Risewild

Arbiter
probably a reason for it
probably a reason for it
12.png
Fix it for you mate ;).

GAH..... My eyes! Can't be unseen.
:despair:

Cael

Arcane
probably a reason for it
probably a reason for it
12.png
Fix it for you mate ;).

GAH..... My eyes! Can't be unseen.
:despair:
Here! Let me help your eyes:

220px-Cheese_grater_utensil.jpg

Shadenuat

Arcane
just your basic disproportional feet-fetishized anorexic faekin. planescape books were full of them too. although DiTirlizzi fetishized giant pointy ears mostly. also wings, hooves, horns, tails, ...modrons as well.

Andhaira

Arcane
Btw does anyone have an official list of recruitable NPCs?

Aside from being RTwP it pisses me off this great looking game only allows you to make 1 PC and recruit the rest. WTF!!

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

Aside from being RTwP it pisses me off this great looking game only allows you to make 1 PC and recruit the rest. WTF!!

The recruitable NPCs have been cited multiple times in this thread.

As has the fact that you can create and hire your own party as mercenaries.

jf8350143

Liturgist

There is a list of companions on the game's steam page. But for some reason they only put 10 companions on it when there is 11 in the game.

Andhaira

Arcane

Could you do it one more time for me?

And what is the benefit of recruiting over making your own? Unique dialogue, quests, romance?

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

Could you do it one more time for me?
From the forums:
-Amiri, the Iconic Barbarian, is a companion with a lot of backstory and events happening around her throughout the game. Amiri is the only Iconic Companion. Amiri will have her iconic weapon available and viable even for later parts of the game. Amiri is a Gorumite and she can be heard crying out "For Gorum!" as she rushes her foes.
-Jubilost Narthropple is a companion. He a cantankerous gnome, is kind of a jerk, and you can fail to recruit him if you screw up your attempt to help him out with his wagon (though you'll get a chance to try again later). He's also a character from the original AP. He is an alchemist now and uses a Heavy Crossbow by default. Chris Avellone really wants to work on him because Jubilost is a gigantic dick.
-Valerie is a blonde haired Human Woman from Brevoy. She is a Fighter, and a failed Paladin of Shelyn. Valerie's relationship with religion is complicated. When you meet her she is an atheist.
-Octavia is a female Half-Elf wizard/rogue/arcane trickster. She was once a "Bonded Servant" to Numeria's Technic League. She is friends with the Half-Orc companion Regongar.
-Regongar is a Half-Orc Magus who is also Octavia's Friend. He seems to be either Chaotic Neutral or Chaotic Evil. He escaped (possibly with octavia) from the clutched of Numeria's Technic League. he likes using intimidate. Regongar was originally statted as a Sorcerer, but since the Magus was unlocked, he is now an Eldritch Scion Magus.
-Ekundayo, is a Thuvian Ranger from Absolom. He is Lawful neutral, has a Hound Animal Companion, and uses a Bow.
-Nok-Nok is a Goblin Companion who is probably a Rogue. He believes he is on his way to becoming a god. He is super loyal (for a Goblin) and was unlocked in the final hours of the Kickstarter campaign.
-Harrim is a Dwarven Cleric of Groetus. He has a Mohawk looking hairdo. He is a confirmed companion.
-Linzi is Halfling Bard. She decides to join you because she wants to record your story..
-Tristian is a Blonde Human Cleric of Sarenrae.
-Jaethal is a Elven Inquisitor of Urgathoa. Jaethal is Evil, and Undead.

And what is the benefit of recruiting over making your own? Unique dialogue, quests, romance?

Yeah... it's the same as in most games, I believe. Recruitable companions have voice work, dialogue, interjections, potentially romances, etc.

bataille

Arcane
Not enough elves, but it's alright. Jaethal, Nok-Nok, and Octavia with Regongar seem like essential party members. Amiri might be cool as well. Looks like a full party already, heh.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Guess what time it is, Codex!! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-kingmaker/posts/2285648

Love in the Stolen Lands - Companion Romances
Posted by Berserkerkitten

A life of adventure and the burden of rulership are no obstacle for deep feelings and devotion. The romances of "Pathfinder: Kingmaker" are here to enhance your roleplaying experience. On top of having their own stories, personalities and motivations, we've added additional depth to some of our companions by allowing players to romance them. Four of our brave party members are available as potential love interests: Valerie (romanceable by male PCs), Tristian (female PCs), Octavia, and Regongar (both romanceable by male and female PCs).

62e613ddfba44c85b223c2a04ca9b28c_original.jpg

Valerie

Valerie appears rational and reserved. And yet, hidden behind all the self-control, her emotions yearn to break free. To win her heart you must first win her trust - and help her to come to peace with herself.

39a5f85929aa66f3321bea443ac99d68_original.jpg

Tristian

Young and naïve, Tristian has yet to experience love. Afraid of the pain of heartbreak, he is hesitant to open himself to others. But when he does, you won't find a partner more tender and devoted than him.

91e6fdea52993944038df3f301cae032_original.jpg

Octavia

Octavia, the optimistic, bright-spirited wizard, is a true friend and confidant. But don't let her cheerfulness fool you – she sought freedom so desperately that the thought of losing it is something she cannot bear. For her, is love a source of happiness - or something to fear?

cc70ee9d988961fa49076d7dc187883b_original.jpg

Regongar

Regongar is like an active volcano. Fierce and dashing, he can't live without danger and challenges. Is there a limit to his recklessness? Will he be able to stop before destroying everything he holds dear? At the game's start Octavia and Regongar are a couple on the verge of breaking up. It's up to you to help one of them find their new love (you!) or rekindle their old flame - and even become a part of it.

For the purpose of building a complete experience and adding more depth to the whole story, we tied the romances to the main storyline. To gain the attention of your love interest you will have to travel together and participate in the story events together. This will prompt additional cues and dialogue options with a character, allowing you to learn more about them and get them to know a little better.

Actions speak louder than words. Striking down a deadly monster at great risk to yourself, swaying an enemy to your side, or taking responsibility for a particularly tough decision can impress your love interest... or disappoint them.

There are no alignment restrictions on romances in the game. An evil character can fall in love with a good one, although keeping such a relationship alive may be harder than maintaining a romance between characters with similar alignment and values in life.

Romance in Pathfinder: Kingmaker is a journey, both intricate and exciting. At the end of it, you may be able to marry your beloved, or decide to skip the formalities and live together without titles and simply enjoy the relationship for what it is. In the end, this is your love story.

6acf901b4f2da3cadb7c919820336e78_original.png

5cb3fc8249fc99186fc507897818e62b_original.jpg

Bard's Tale IV: Barrows Deep

One more thing - Bard's Tale IV: Barrows Deep is coming!

If you love oldschool RPGs as much as we do, then you may want to check out Bard's Tale IV: Barrows Deep by our friends over at inXile Entertainment. Their game goes live on Tuesday, September 18th at 9am PST across Steam, GOG and Humble. Did you play the classic trilogy back in the day? Why not combine your vacation in the Stolen Lands with a little trip to Skara Brae?

Hail to the Kings!

Owlcats

e94639ac9cc5d71687fc3070884fa252_original.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Tao

Savant
Octavia, the optimistic, bright-spirited wizard, is a true friend and confidant. But don't let her cheerfulness fool you – she sought freedom so desperately that the thought of losing it is something she cannot bear. For her, is love a source of happiness - or something to fear?

Regongar is like an active volcano. Fierce and dashing, he can't live without danger and challenges. Is there a limit to his recklessness? Will he be able to stop before destroying everything he holds dear? At the game's start Octavia and Regongar are a couple on the verge of breaking up. It's up to you to help one of them find their new love (you!) or rekindle their old flame - and even become a part of it.

Holy cringe batman!

Can we solo the game?

edit: where is the true waifu? the undead chick? :S

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom