Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Reinhardt

Arcane
Most bosses are dead by this time.

Shadenuat

Arcane
You can also town portal to refill them yes.

But ideally your flask management should fit into your DPS capability.

Radech

Augur
Am I wrong or it is somewhat strange that one of As perks is permanent Fortify, when you can get that just so incredibly easily with a single gem?

Only works for melee attacks so impossible for archers/wanders, hard to get as a caster, and with the new buff to flamedash I'd say slow attacking 2hand builds should consider it as well.

Also if you free up fortify from your mobility skill, you can fit curse on hit + curse - very good for consecrated path.

Radech

Augur
entertainment for autists and gambling addicts.

which is most of poe crafting really.

I made this

imadedis.jpg

Naturally regal gave +4 life on kill.
it's shit but it was my first shit and after I equipped it in my left hand, when fully energized by potions and all my charges it bumped dps from 100k to 140k. (or so the tooltip says, we know it's all a lie but whatever). happy about myself went and killed my first elder guardian.

I understand I need more of this stuff on me.

I am not sure I feel happy or disappointed though. All that work with passive nodes and equipment, in baby steps of 500-1000 damage, and then I rolled some crappy offhand claw and my damage increased by 1/3.
That way sure it doesn't matter much where you put your points I guess - get enought to be comfortable, sink rest in life and just grind equipment.

Yeah a lot of the older playerbase are quite salty about those offhands, the offending mod is the 32% as extra cold damage, effectively a free rank 8 added fire damage gem, this combined with easy access to penetration(shroud of the lightless) and that you basically rolled a shitty statstick compared with what's possible:

olq3A0p5pLK-Hauy5cfiXowswYendiMk8uRjRRn5x4Q.png

which basically makes any 1hand phys build completely unstoppable - I hope they fix dualwielding soon, the meta for too long has been hit something with one weapon while the other weapon cheers it along...

Shadenuat

Arcane
I know what's possible but I only had one claw to spare and was out of currency. Once I get another claw I will roll until I'm out of shit. I don't want to exploit and ruin the larp of my wolverine girl.

Honestly it looks like a crutch to weapon builds or smh. I am not sure what is the reasoning for these items.

Also, can any weapon roll this amount of bonuses to phys damage regardless of its type?

Gerrard

Arcane
GGG doesn't give a fuck about the core design principle of flasks and using portals to refill them ever since the elder and his guardians fights don't let you use portals. They are most likely going to make them refill when you hit rare or unique enemies in the same way Vaal skill souls do. They're just afraid of a kneejerk reaction from autists on reddit.

Also

Did you hear about the fuckup that indicates how broken their loot RNG is? When the league launched some chests in the delves would not spawn at all for some people while for some other people they would spawn in large quantities. Someone mentioned similar thing with Shaper strongholds not spawning.

ArchAngel

Arcane
GGG doesn't give a fuck about the core design principle of flasks and using portals to refill them ever since the elder and his guardians fights don't let you use portals. They are most likely going to make them refill when you hit rare or unique enemies in the same way Vaal skill souls do. They're just afraid of a kneejerk reaction from autists on reddit.

Also

Did you hear about the fuckup that indicates how broken their loot RNG is? When the league launched some chests in the delves would not spawn at all for some people while for some other people they would spawn in large quantities. Someone mentioned similar thing with Shaper strongholds not spawning.

Of course you can refill potions, you just log out during those fights.

Shadenuat

Arcane
holy cow the banalced sulphite costs

~160 depth need 300+ per small node, bottom and sometimes even just to the side

well wolverine girl level 90, guess I'll... wait for new league, cause this one kinda sucks.

although mapos also give lots but... idunno if all that grind is worth anything.

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
I don't want to run back and forth. I want to delve cause it's more interesting. Mapos are old. And not interesting.

Absinthe

Arcane
They already made every single boss spawn flunkies so that you can bum flask charges off of them. It used to be that most bosses didn't spawn extra enemies. Merveil and Brutus, for instance, were completely solo encounters. That reminds me, they also decreased loot drops and increased the number of enemies a good while ago. It's all about packs of mobs and bosses that come with their own mobs now. Game just became an AoE clearing fest.

Gerrard

Arcane
Of course now that Shimmeron got dumpstered I got 2 from 2 Elder kills when I'm playing FP totems, but when I was playing Arc last league I got 0 from 5 kills.
:deathclaw:

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom