Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Quest XI

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
This just got released on public trackers, so I'm tempted to download it to test if the pirated version has better performance due to no Denuvo. I probably won't because I'm lazy but thought I'd throw the idea out there for anyone with the free disk space.

flyingjohn

Arcane
This just got released on public trackers, so I'm tempted to download it to test if the pirated version has better performance due to no Denuvo. I probably won't because I'm lazy but thought I'd throw the idea out there for anyone with the free disk space.
Denuvo is still there but bypassed,so the test would be useless.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I mean the implementation of Denuvo should not be different to any other implementation of Denuvo. All implementations impact load times moderately, by a margin of 10-30%, and impact CPU bound games like Assassin's creed Origins extremely heavily.

I sincerely doubt this game is CPU bound though because the physics are dumbed down so massively for console versions, so it's academic except for the load times.

Fred

Learned
And load times are instant already.
Part 2 Erik quest spoilers

I hated this quest so much. When I played it in japanese I liked it, but now that I've seen Erik's sister personality, I hate her.
"Hehehe we're slaves and because of me you have to work even more, hahaha it's so funny"
Someone kill her

Part 2 is a big boss gauntlet, I'd advise people to go around to the places the story don't go, because there are bosses to fight everywhere

Fred

Learned
In the 2 handed swords tree there is an ability "Sometime counter attack after a parry". From my experience it's not "sometime", it's "always", making the ability a lot better than it seems (with the parry ability from the same tree, you parry around 40-50% of every physical attacks).
Worth it imo.

Sentinel

Arcane
Pirated version is nuked it seems. Crashing anywhere near Manglegrove or Gallopolis, making progress impossible.

Fred

Learned
Does anyone know what actual abilities you need unlocked to use Electro Light? I can't seem to find it.
Nothing, it's a default pep combo I think. Perhaps you're using the wrong people ? Hero Jade Sylv are the one. You can check on page 5 or 6 of the status menu (the bottom left menu).

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Not a fan of the story development in latter part of the game. Feels like playin Dragon Knight 4 again.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
the difficulty ramp uo after tentacular is fantastic. I felt it is getting easy before, but now even regular mobs are fun especially if you got nasty combination

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
didn't play for a week or so and stopped after the end of the first act... in 2nd act now and going to the mountain but I must ask where the hell did my luminary branch of the skill tree go and when do I get it back??

polo

Magister
Damn, how long did u guys take to beat the game? Im just level 25 just got to the giant squid. Im not nearly as hooked as i was with VII. Dunno why, prob. the characters don't appeal much to me, also the weird choice of going in between random and fixed encounters.

Fred

Learned
Damn, how long did u guys take to beat the game? Im just level 25 just got to the giant squid. Im not nearly as hooked as i was with VII. Dunno why, prob. the characters don't appeal much to me, also the weird choice of going in between random and fixed encounters.
I just hit 70 hours and can enter the last dungeon when I want. But after that there's the true ending so my guess is around 100 hours.
I'm clearing up my quest log right now, and the boss I have to kill to progress the main quest destroys me anyway so I take that as an opportunity to lvl up (lvl 43 right now)

Hyperion

Arcane
I enjoy the characters more than the ones from VII (Fuck Gabo). But VII wrote the little vignettes for each individual town much better. Most of them had actual, catastrophic events that led to their being erased from the world map by the Demonlord. In the monster village, it's even possible to permanently fuck up and leave one town destroyed, even in the Present (though it does require you to be a complete dumbass if you can't tell the choice is wrong). The "problems" in XI are oft pretty petty, and whimsical, which came more from the decline of IX than anything else. At least in VIII the game had you chasing a murderer even if the "always 1 step behind!" trope was used.

tet666

Augur

The crack is also fucked as CODEX failed to crack DENUVO properly this time
after a certain area early on in the story, it keeps crashing on loading certain areas. It only gets worse the further you go.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
after a certain area early on in the story, it keeps crashing on loading certain areas. It only gets worse the further you go.

Ha! This reminds me of a pirate verision I had of AutoDesk 3D Studio back in the late 80s (or early 90s?)

After using a mouse click so many times (I think it was 100 or so?), whatever you were working on would tessellate beyond recognition after that last click...

Always thought I was doing something wrong...

A while later the crackers came out with a patch that fixed that.

If I recall right...I think they bypassed a HardWare key 3DS had, but missed a part initially. And the devs on the autodesk forum saying shit like..."Hmm, that's odd. send us your hardware key code" (or something like that).

When I read about them asking for keycodes on their forum, I knew something was up, just didn't know what at the time.

Zep--

Also crashes at the Draconian Quest difficulty options for the CODEX version.

Hence someone gibe me dq11 key plz.

tet666

Augur

Ha! This reminds me of a pirate verision I had of AutoDesk 3D Studio back in the late 80s (or early 90s?)

After using a mouse click so many times (I think it was 100 or so?), whatever you were working on would tessellate beyond recognition after that last click...

Always thought I was doing something wrong...

A while later the crackers came out with a patch that fixed that.

If I recall right...I think they bypassed a HardWare key 3DS had, but missed a part initially. And the devs on the autodesk forum saying shit like..."Hmm, that's odd. send us your hardware key code" (or something like that).

When I read about them asking for keycodes on their forum, I knew something was up, just didn't know what at the time.

Zep--

Interesting, yes putting triggers like that in DRM solutions is a pretty old concept i think it started with games like Operation Flashpoint on PC the game got more unstable the longer you played till it was completely unplayable from what i remember they called the DRM Fade or something like that.
Denuvo has pretty much perfected this now it uses thousands of triggers in layers and even 1 missed trigger can produce results like this.

Fred

Learned
Haha =)

Seems there's a trick to win jackpot on roulette. Rest and save and talk to the forecast bunny girl until she says she feels the jackpot is gonna hit soon. (if she doesn't say it, rest again).
Then bet a stack on the 12 and 14 and you'll hit the jackpot in the next 1-10 spins. Seems it works 100% of the time.

edit : but to be honest, it seems it sometime takes a lot of time for the bunny girl to say the line, and considering there's an autosave point 10 feet from the table, I'm not sure it's even worth it as you can use the DQ8 trick even easier.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom