Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Please say it ain't so...a Diablo MMO

Bigg Boss

Arcane
TorontRayne
https://kotaku.com/heres-what-blizzards-titan-actually-was-1638632121
2014/2016 article about Blizzard's cancelled MMO Titan. I'm pretty sure there were additional MMO projects Blizzard cancelled before they were publicly announced.

On top of that, there's tons of discussion on the interwebs about why Blizzard would make a new MMO because it would just turn into the lauded Wow-killer. These articles and discussions could just be labelled speculation, but there's honestly a plethora of decent analysis about it... Why would Blizzard compete with itself?

Because they were afraid of competing with WoW when it was still doing well. Frankly I am surprised people are incredulous about Blizzard making a new MMO. All of that hype on those canceled projects? Hell I recall hearing about Titan at the time. That was research.

They will advance the genre the way only they can; with a pre-existing IP that is already struggling due to Diablo III being a lump of golden sprinkled shit. This will piss off a few people sure, but that is inevitable with long running series these days.

So here is the deal. They will do that Vanilla thing for people that are stuck in the past, they will have a ghost shift on WoW (unsure on timeline...at least it will run another few years with the same level of support) like Funcom does for Secret World, then they will be hyping the ever loving shit out of Diablo. We might find some of these MMO's were secretly Diablo all along or re-purposed after the fact.

Why are games like DC Universe and Star Trek made? Surely, either one of those could have been original franchises, but it is easier to bring your existing fanbase onboard while losing a small portion that will bitch and still possibly buy the shit anyway.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Sure, but is it even worth mentioning? Of course it can't be a wow clone.

D3 is basically WoW at this point isn't it?

Mindlessly stomp through same dungeons thousands of times for some dopamine rush related to getting +1 stam
I think you're supposed to play D3 in that "hardcore mode" where your char has only 1 life. That's what the experience is centered around. Not sure, just speculating.

Black

Arcane
Yes goy, trust your character's life with blizzard's servers.

Contagium

Savant
Patron
Heard rumors of this on a radio program
Radio program? Who talks about WoW and the like on a radio program?

Blizzard is hesitant to make another MMO, because it would compete with WoW. Net gain = $0.

I believe the show was called "Checkpoint Radio". I was skimming the radio channels on a long drive and heard these cucks talking about online games and what not, and they were mentioning something Diablo relayed, and they all chimed in about the possibility of a Diablo MMO.

Anyway, I wish I wouldn't have researched "Checkpoint Radio". Just look at this collection of SJW popamole's:

Screenshot_20180906-225559.png

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
I would love a Diablo that was a new actual mmorpg copying the vanilla WoW model and old D2 model of skill trees and not whatever that retard nonsense they had in D3. They can have modern WoW for retards and children, and WoD for people with good taste (as long as it isn't an arpg mmo). I doubt this will end up being a game I am interest in, but we still have the WoW classic server being worked on by Blizzard so they haven't totally wrote off adults yet.

Last edited:

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I would prefer a Diablo reboot that was basically just Diablo 1 with better content and first/third person action gameplay. A nice co-op action dungeon crawler to play with bros. And then a similar version of Diablo 2 which if I daydream about it makes really makes me :bounce:. But that would mean Blizzard has to not be retarded about it and that's an impossibility. And shit, the most important part is the atmosphere and they already proved they have absolutely no idea what they're doing on that front with Diablo 3. And every other front too, basically, but the atmosphere is the most important thing in a Diablo game in my opinion.

Beastro

Arcane
The upside to this is, like what WoW did to Warcraft, it would effectively freeze further development of Diablo games.

Given what's happened to the series that's a positive.

Contagium

Savant
Patron
I figured it would be bullshit...but this is a whole new level of bullshit.

Only thing I'm slightly interested in when it comes to Blizzard is the free StarCraft remaster. Any good?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom