Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition

Walden

Savant
I'd like to begin my first run, and I'd pick Fane in Tactician mode. What are some fun variegated classes?

Ivan

Arcane
There are no classes, you pick and choose skills as you'd like. "classes" are just pre-sets. I've learned you want as many incapacitating skills as possible on 3, and 1 dedicated healer. My dedicated healer also happens to be my summoner so I have 2 melee dudes.

Taunt is very useful, but I've had some moments where it didn't work properly (e.g. Ifan's wolf).

There's a cute skill that turns your foes into a chicken, kinda like but not nearly as cool as Gothic's shrink spell.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
So I've decided to try this game again with the DE, and even picked up some mods.

I'm playing on Classic, I'm still on Fort Joy (just escaped from the fort) but the game seems to have gotten a lot easier.

For instance in my previous playtrough I had a hard time defeating both the Magister inside the Fort, on the hearing room, that turns people into Silent Monks and Magister Kniles, the one in the torture dungeon with the meat golems. Now while they weren't a cake walk it still was pretty smooth - none of my party members died, I didn't felt any preasure and there wasn't any moment were things went in my enemies favor.

Also here's the mods I've installed that modify systems:

So should I switch to Tactician?

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
lol

Z2gt1xo.png

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I'd like to begin my first run, and I'd pick Fane in Tactician mode. What are some fun variegated classes?

Take Polymorph. Give him the highest WITS in the party.
Polymorph (Chameleon, Tentacle Lash, Bull Head)+ Warfare (Battle Stomp/Battery Ram/ Crippling Strike) is pretty solid early game combination.
Then take 2 points Scoundrel for Adrenaline and Cloak & dagger.

Ivan

Arcane

Take Polymorph. Give him the highest WITS in the party.
Polymorph (Chameleon, Tentacle Lash, Bull Head)+ Warfare (Battle Stomp/Battery Ram/ Crippling Strike) is pretty solid early game combination.
Then take 2 points Scoundrel for Adrenaline and Cloak & dagger.

Isn't part of the fun is figuring this shit out and breaking the game? ..

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
If he wants to mess with elemental magic, there's plenty to choose from.
I'm just giving him one of the many options possible, and possibly my favorite option anyway.
Be sure to carry a poison barrel around to refill your poison-oriented stuff.

Jezal_k23

You said it yourself - they were wrong before, why would they be right now?

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Hmm, I'm not sure how reliable this is (especially since they once massively overestimated the sales of D:OS 2 on PC), but more earnings than Overwatch on console digital market?: https://www.superdataresearch.com/us-digital-games-market/

96ebjtw.png

Why is it so surprising? A new game release with stellar metascores called by retarded reviewers and infuencers "the best rpg of all time" selling more than a 2+ year old game that everyone and their grandma owns by now?

The thing is, i don't see this game really making much sales in total, and i don't expect any III part to be succesful. People will catch on why this game is overrated eventually...

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Finished my DE playthrough on tactician difficulty. Not having read the changelog, I couldn't tell the difference between the two versions. Even the crash bug when quick loading that shows up during the later stages of the game is still present. The Codex issues of v1.0 are still in as well (number bloat, gear progression, initiative turn order, etc.). That being said, I enjoy the combat a lot.

Dwarvophile

Liturgist
I saw there was a mod for gear progression, and another called "no psychic enemy", which seems to propose reasonable solutions. Are there any good mods to change the weird initiative turn order and armor system ?

Danikas

Arcane
This "Ehnanced Edition" didnt fix shit, Im in the Arx city now lvl 20 party swimming in trash loot that I dont even have the patience to identify. The number bloat gets cancerous at the end of the game so for example i got divine quality boots lvl 19 with (194 physical armour and 139 magical armour). I get to shopkeeper and he sells same boots only lvl 20 and they got (244 physical armour and 175 magical armour) so you are pretty much forced to search for gear at your lvl. Otherwise some lvl 20 faggot will one shot half your party with single spell.

Last edited:

Ivan

Arcane
Been having a lot of fun in Arx exploring and poking my nose into things my way. I do love how free you are here.

Never really felt like I need to upgrade my gear after every level up. I find the armor+health spells to be enough. Also, haven't really bothered with item upgrades. The random demon fights have been tough, until you find out you need only weaken one and they flee.

Ivan

Arcane
So Arx turned out to be smaller than I imagined. There's very little outside the city....

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom