Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyanide appreciation thread

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Cyanide might not be the top developer all around, but they are the only ones that currently make decent adaptations of table top games.
Blood bowl 2 is pretty damn good for multiplayer and now they are releasing Space hulk tactics and in future Werewolf the apocalypse.
They also made some action games like Styx master of shadows.
Even though their games usualy have bugs, you gotta give them the INCLINE tag, for bringing actual rpgs/tactical games.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I like them, even though they're always held back by budget whenever they flex their own creative muscle. Ever since Game of Thrones or so they basically started making overtures to serious game development beyond annual bicycle simulators and Blood Bowls. They also found an ally in Focus Home Interactive although their upcoming games might very well determine the future of the studio.

Call of Cthulhu
Werewolf: The Apocalypse
Space Hulk: Tactics

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Spess hulk looks like fun already, I just want to know if they have persistent multiplayer like in Blood Bowl, if yes, then Spess Hulk might be real gud.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Their heart is mostly in the right place (barring the infinite versions/DLC's of Blood Bowl) but they need to take some programming classes.

Mark Richard

Arcane
They only needed 4 (?) releases of Blood Bowl to get it right, awesome developer.
Are we counting Chaos League? Games Workshop initially denied Cyanide the licence to make a Blood Bowl game, so Cyanide went ahead and made it anyway under the name Chaos League. Same races, skills, and Warhammer iconography. Sure they had to settle out of court, but they got the licence as part of the deal. :cool:

SerratedBiz

Arcane
Are we counting Chaos League? Games Workshop initially denied Cyanide the licence to make a Blood Bowl game, so Cyanide went ahead and made it anyway under the name Chaos League. Same races, skills, and Warhammer iconography. Sure they had to settle out of court, but they got the licence as part of the deal. :cool:

I played Chaos League and I really enjoyed it, so of course I was SUPER FUCKING HYPED when it was announced that Cyanide was getting the chance to pull a licensed Blood Bowl game.

Then they fucked it up, released a buggy piece of crap, refused to fix the bugs that the community repeatedly brought up and went on to release the Legendary Edition with complete disregard for people who had already paid full price for the initial release.

So it might be 5 or 6 or 7, who cares. Fuck Cyanide, I'm not buying anything else from them.

Zenith

Arbiter
Cyanide appreciacion? You'd think the much more monocled choice of strychnine would befit a codex gentleman better. But cyanide works too I guess, if a bit too popamole.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom