Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
https://www.dailystar.co.uk/tech/ga...aching-an-Old-School-PC-RPG-Genres-New-Tricks

Pathfinder Kingmaker Release Date Preview: Teaching an Old School PC RPG Genres New Tricks
PATHFINDER KINGMAKER feels like the right sort of homage to old school RPG games, but one that can easily count itself as one of the most exciting new releases of 2018.

Pathfinder-Kingmaker-Release-Date-Preview-Teaching-an-Old-School-PC-RPG-Genres-New-Tricks-731103.jpg

It seems our passion for classical roleplaying games never went away.

That’s the resounding impression one gets from seeing the success of Divinity: Original Sin II, Pillars of Eternity II, and Torment: Tides of Numenera - unashamedly hardcore RPGs that harken back to what many consider a golden age for the genre.

Can I get a Citation needed? :P

WetWorks

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014
Can't believe this game is our last hope for this year, there's not a single decent rpg to be released till 2019 and somehow there's not a single one announced, oh boy this is going to be a bad winter :negative:

How spoilt this new generation.

I remember a time when Oblivion was the only cock in the henhouse ... a limp, impotent cock.
All we had to look forward to was some semi-competent mods for aging games and the latest scrawny rpg from obsidian.

How things have changed.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
How spoilt this new generation.

I remember a time when Oblivion was the only cock in the henhouse ... a limp, impotent cock.
All we had to look forward to was some semi-competent mods for aging games and the latest scrawny rpg from obsidian.

How things have changed.

Yeah, I remember that time. I also remember the glory days when we were all unaware that computer RPGs had already peaked, and that in the decades to follow there was nowhere to go but down.

"This new generation" isn't to blame, though. The blameworthy ones are has-been developers or studio leads like Brian Fargo and Richard Garriott who leveraged their old big-name hits for capital, but whose mouths were writing checks that their asses couldn't cash. They reignited hopes that probably should have been left to rest in peace.

The two best cRPGs released since the beginning of the Kickstarter boom (a "boom" that ultimately proved to be the sound of shattering hopes and dreams) were developed by a hitherto unknown Eastern European man in one case and a fucking NMA/Codex ancient groglord in the other, each with pocket lint budgets and development tools apparently salvaged from a pile of 3.5" floppy discs that turned up at a charity shop, and neither one connected to any form of crowdfunding.

Last edited:

WetWorks

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014
You forget yourself, sir.
Back then turn based games had one foot in the grave, and first person rpgs had all but shanked all other perspectives. Back then Mass Effect and then the first Dragon Age squashed felt like a mocking tombstone erected over an entire genre.

Say what you will about your Wasteland and your Divinty sequels, they at the very least attempt to both ressurect the scope and tactical combat of games gone by.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
You forget yourself, sir.
Back then turn based games had one foot in the grave, and first person rpgs had all but shanked all other perspectives. Back then Mass Effect and then the first Dragon Age squashed felt like a mocking tombstone erected over an entire genre.

Say what you will about your Wasteland and your Divinty sequels, they at the very least attempt to both ressurect the scope and tactical combat of games gone by.

I didn't forget about that at all.

The participation trophy era is at an end. There is no credit given for failed attempts, especially if those failed attempts resulted from: arrogance and egotism (Molyneux and numerous others); mismanagement of resources (Tim Schafer); outright greed (Richard Garriott); hiring retarded Millennial SJWs to do your writing (inXile/T:ToN); "pro-accessibility" design choices (various and insidious); and outright moronic, game-ruining decisions made by sub-70 IQ literal retards (D:OS2's braindead initiative and ablative armor systems, etc.).

Oh, I forgot about NEO Scavenger, which is as good an RPG as Underrail or Age of Decadence in its hybridized way, was also developed by one dude and maybe a helper or two, and also wasn't developed via any sort of crowdfunding.

Sykar

Arcane
At least FF7 wasn't RTwP

Actually you could change the ATB to "Wait" which resulted in RTwP since it paused all other ATBs while you were browsing your options.

:troll:

FF IX is clearly the best of PS1 FFs

7 is okay but overrated
8 is pure shit
9 is a masterpiece in almost every side, and the music is one of nobuo uematsu's best

I still like 4 and 6 the most, though admittedly 4 was my very first FF game. I stopped playing after the atrocity that was 8, though I do wish I could have played 9. I tried X a few years ago when it was dirt cheap on Steam but meh. No idea what people found so endearing about it. Could not get warm with it all.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
This releases tomorrow? Tempted to buy this one instead of waiting for the Enhanced/GoTY/Ultimate edition or whatever the fuck they do.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
The game is obviously intended for and aimed at the Western market. If it gets a Russian release, some aspects of it will probably be heavily censored, like the oh-so-popular "non-traditional relationships". I'm not sure how strict they are with media that depicts such content, though.

Cael

Arcane
The game is obviously intended for and aimed at the Western market. If it gets a Russian release, some aspects of it will probably be heavily censored, like the oh-so-popular "non-traditional relationships". I'm not sure how strict they are with media that depicts such content, though.
In Putin's Russia, it is outright illegal. Should be fun watching the KGBtapo kick down Owlcat's door.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom