Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk

Reinhardt

Arcane
So what's the point of nightmare setting anyway? Monster are harder, i guess, but not much harder. Exp is the same more or less. Yes, more mana, but it's just means Reaper will come earlier.

duanth123

Arcane
Just a PSA for anyone nearing the endgame,

There's a postgame dungeon that requires a specific unlock.

I won't spoil it except to say that before you beat the final boss, revisit each "stratum" for a single "event" (one in each stratum or world) in which you do something that sets up the condition to unlock post-game.

duanth123

Arcane
So what's the point of nightmare setting anyway? Monster are harder, i guess, but not much harder. Exp is the same more or less. Yes, more mana, but it's just means Reaper will come earlier.

I get the impression that bosses are significantly more difficult on nightmare.

Two in particular and the final boss gave me real trouble, enough that I had to grind up a bit.

orcinator

Liturgist
Just great. Black screen is back. After 2 hours of avoiding trolls, stockpiling exp and collecting mana and loot in third dungeon it hit me when i browsed items. There goes my 40k+ exp(and reward after mission)
Just had a black screen. Probably haven't lost as much progress since I'm still in the first dungeon but I'm having a hard time slogging through the boring early game in order to get to the parts where party building becomes a thing or the dungeons get complex.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
There is native damage: hard enemies, soft enemies, etc...
Use hammers against hard enemies. Slash/pierce for soft enemies. Flame vs plant enemies. Slash, pierce, and blunt are elements, as is flame, mud and fog. Experiment here. A mismatch occurs when you hit a hard enemy with an arrow as an example.

Satus effects are awesome, they also apply to bosses, and this includes gore.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
I don't really optimise much either. I level up just by exploring levels and using some of the game mechanics. Pretty poorly too as you can see in my above screenshot.

I am trying to find a safe karma level, because some pacts let you regen mana based on a percentage of karma. I can't see this being useful, but I would like to know more abour karma and its effects.

EDIT:
A new discovery.
During battle select the coven and give orders, and then hit 'y' to auto battle with everyone else. This is awesome, and I just found this out.

Last edited:

PocketMine

Savant
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Just had a black screen. Probably haven't lost as much progress since I'm still in the first dungeon but I'm having a hard time slogging through the boring early game in order to get to the parts where party building becomes a thing or the dungeons get complex.

Im not that far into the game but i found first dungeon is not boring at all there are monsters right on the first floor that can easily mop up all the monsters i found so far in second dungeon also there is third dimension exploration im missing from second dungeon.

For example i got the permit from swamp fearie for feriman before geting shovel from feriman to open the way to swamp fearie and i didnt even explored all the levels of first dungeon yet.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
I find it hilarious that every single boss fight since the 4th map just leaves 2 of my people alive.
:shredder:

My spear wielder does 1500 damage, and crits often for ~3K, so she was the one putting out damage the during the 2 person fight while my vangaurd would do 750 damage and heal when necessary.

Miner 2049er

Scholar
We could, but then you would still be playing with a pencil in your mouth. Also Disgaea 5 is right around the corner.

japanese need to learn some basic things:
-staring at a black screen between transitions for 2-3 seconds is not fun, it's just infuriating
-a bit less grind has never killed anyone, tone down the respawn, i won't complain
-consistence in the interface, don't give me a different commands scheme for every screen

other than this and the clear consolitis it suffers, this one seems like a pretty solid game, it tastes like wizardry.

troupeg

Educated
Question: Is this a game that can be steamrolled with pure grinding or is this like Dragon Quest 11 in hard mode where even grinding to 99 doesn't help you in end game and you need pure strategy?

PocketMine

Savant
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
My guess is game can be steamrolled even without grinding. Im playing on nightmare mode and so far im only having problems with monsters high over my level on places i shouldnt be.

duanth123

Arcane
Question: Is this a game that can be steamrolled with pure grinding or is this like Dragon Quest 11 in hard mode where even grinding to 99 doesn't help you in end game and you need pure strategy?

I just finished the postgame.

Would rate this game a strong 9/10. Best crawler on Switch and best I've played in a long time.

Elminage: Gothic being a 10/10 and Stranger of Sword City a 9/10, for reference.

You do need to grind up in order to

*mild spoilers*

beat the six superbosses

to access the postgame.

And the postgame bosses definitely require a bit of grind to reach a high enough soul clarity, at least on nightmare.

However, there's a pact in postgame that awards 666% exp boost, so it doesn't take that much time.

Just great. Black screen is back. After 2 hours of avoiding trolls, stockpiling exp and collecting mana and loot in third dungeon it hit me when i browsed items. There goes my 40k+ exp(and reward after mission)

You generally blackscreen, at least on Switch, if more than 15-20 characters in your pacts level up at the same time, almost always when you return to camp.

Don't include more than 15 chars in your pacts that you intend to level up and you should be fine. Annoying, but will save you hassle when you stockpile.

I confirmed this bug myself.

Can't speak to blackscreen in other circumstances.

Last edited:
could anyone explain to me why japs love to hide important features behind a 12 hours long grind and irritating banters wall?

aaaand after like 30-40 minutes dodging trolls, right after killing three bosses in a row, black screen. no, i didn't level 20 characters altogether, i just switched floor and BAM! all is lost.
fuck this shit, games with strict save rules must not contain similar bugs, they void the whole experience.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom