Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
So how do we know whether we are doing the codex quest aside from being in Pitax

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
C'mon Codex - I need to know whether I should buy this game for £35 and choose between the Noble, Royal or Imperial Edition, or repaint my hallway in Magnolia and maybe upgrade to to 'Alpine White', 'Origami White', or 'Intricate Ivory'.
...also, I'm not a racist honestly, I just like whiteish colours.

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm surprised by the amount of streams being held on Twitch. Is there a way to start watching a stream from the beginning beside waiting for it to finish?

Last edited:

imweasel

f1rL7iQ.jpg

:creamyblood::mca:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
C'mon Codex - I need to know whether I should buy this game for £35 and choose between the Noble, Royal or Imperial Edition, or repaint my hallway in Magnolia and maybe upgrade to to 'Alpine White', 'Origami White', or 'Intricate Ivory'.
...also, I'm not a racist honestly, I just like whiteish colours.
Ivory Imperial Edition,obviously!

Jinn

Arcane
Well, character creation seems really great so far. Difficulty options are plentiful and nice too. The English seems excellent as well. Great first impressions on boot-up!

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
I'm surprised by the amounts of streams being held on Twitch. Is there a way to start watching a stream from the beginning beside waiting for it to finish?

Just look at past broadcasts and you'll find the current stream.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Chargen? Feats? Party management? RPG mechanics? Difficulty?

WTF, I thought we had innovated past that stone-age bullshit thanks to Brian Fargo's BT4. Hope this gets review-bombed!

newtmonkey

Arcane
I got this and played through the first area/tutorial.

- 60 seconds to load main menu on SSD
- Game bugged during a cutscene where I couldn't control the camera once the game gave control back to me (had to exit the game and reload the save to fix it)
- Alt-tabbing crashed the game to Windows, didn't try it again
- Performance seems pretty bad in the first area, but improves once you get out of there

Technical stuff aside, the character creation is a lot of fun even for someone who has no idea whatsoever about Pathfinder. All the information is right there for you.

The difficult settings are customizable with plenty of options.

It's your standard RTwP combat, not any worse or better than Baldur's Gate this early on.

Seems like your choices during the intro determine your starting party.

I like that you have have to assign roles at camp, reminds me of Arkania games.

Monkeyfinger

Cipher
AI is good at switching to targeting mages who are casting. It doesn't get stuck poking your melee like in other RTWP games.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I just spent half an hour I do not have tooling around in character creation.

Help me codex: do I make my gish Magus strength or dexterity/weapon finesse based? It’s been a long time since I had to put this much thought into character creation. Really highlights the differences between 3.5/Pathfinder and Pillars, where none of the choices were that consequential.

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
omfg it's a unity game. fucking shit fuck bitch shit fuck FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKERRRSSSSSSSSSS

I remember similar whining about Bards Tale 4.... until someone bothered to check and found out it's running Unreal 4. :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom