Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Codex Year of the Donut
With Norwegian prices the GOG version costs the equivalent of 10€ more than the steam version. Even with the compensation for regional pricing (about 5€ in Wallet funds) the discrepancy is more than 5€. Surely that's bad business for GOG? I know that if I were planning on buying this, I'd get it on Steam, even though I prefer GOG on principle. Is GOG just more expensive in general, or is the regional pricing to blame?
that's what you get for using monopoly money

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Well the streamer still gets absolutely railed in the very first "random" (I assume for tutorial purposes it's fixed) encounter in the outside world. On hard difficulty (which isn't even the hardest), it seems a bit overtuned though. His frontline gets assraped in the very first round, before he can even get a spell off. I wonder what the game on Unfair would be like.

I think a lot of these streamers don't understand how encumbrance or tiredness mechanics work. With the beta videos, I kept seeing streamers get wiped by random encounters and not understand why their weight limit kept shrinking because they needed to fucking rest.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Lol. I backed this as backer 266 but after I deleted my Facebook account, I can no longer get my key from their backer portal. Who the hell ties that to your FB account? I mean, I have a regular log in and password, but they key will only show up if I log in with my deleted Facebook account, which means I can't get my key. Wtf, what kind of genius builds their backer portal like that?
I don't think it's possible to delete your facebook account, only to suspend it. In that case you should be able to un-suspend it and get your key. Alternatively, you could write to support, it should be possible for them to manually dig up the key, ask you your account's secret question or something like that...?

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Took me less than a minute to load the game.

What shit are you guys using to run the game? A Vtech Smart Start?

il_570xN.1351067901_etgr.jpg

Well the streamer still gets absolutely railed in the very first "random" (I assume for tutorial purposes it's fixed) encounter in the outside world. On hard difficulty (which isn't even the hardest), it seems a bit overtuned though. His frontline gets assraped in the very first round, before he can even get a spell off. I wonder what the game on Unfair would be like.

I think a lot of these streamers don't understand how encumbrance or tiredness mechanics work. With the beta videos, I kept seeing streamers get wiped by random encounters and not understand why their weight limit kept shrinking because they needed to fucking rest.

Well his party is rested and doesn't have any ongoing debuffs. I'm sure there's a way to win a fight, but it seems like a pretty retarded amount of effort (p. sure it's been almost an hour now) to kill 3 random ass wolves, he isn't pulling Avellone either.

__

Actually he just won a fight, after RNG finally went his way and barb crushed every attack roll, but I mean, that just looked miserable.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
With Norwegian prices the GOG version costs the equivalent of 10€ more than the steam version. Even with the compensation for regional pricing (about 5€ in Wallet funds) the discrepancy is more than 5€. Surely that's bad business for GOG? I know that if I were planning on buying this, I'd get it on Steam, even though I prefer GOG on principle. Is GOG just more expensive in general, or is the regional pricing to blame?
that's what you get for using monopoly money
You mean not Euro/USD? Because the game's only 279 kr on Steam, which is about $34. Enjoy spending more money than me. :smug:

Jarmaro

Liturgist
Is it similiar to Pillars of Eternity? Looks very smiliar which is very worrisome.
I hope this will be good, but I was let down too many times in recent years.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Surprised, but it can always let you down after a while just like D:OS2.
Usually all of these kickstarter games are total trash.
See: InXile, Underworld Ascendant, Harebrained Schemes.

I have no idea how people can watch streamers play these sort of games. A huge part of the fun for me is being able to go into that character creator and look at all the options at my own leisurely pace.

Anyways, downloading right now. I'll post my impressions in 2 days when it finishes installing because I have the internet speed of a hermit living out in the swamp.
agree watching some dickhead just skip over 80% of the options and not read them or ever consider them then walk around and not search his surroundings or things like desks or wardrobes makes me want to punch them in the face.

Last edited:

agris

Arcane
Patron
Is there a (pdf) manual that provides ability tables / thresholds like for BG2? What about a description of weapons and what weapons use what stats (STR/DEX) and allow for Finesse? I guess the Pathfinder wiki would have all this info, but I'd love a manual to consult.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Seems they botched the Mac and Linux releases. With bugs so obvious one can only shake their head in confusion.
Oh, well. I'll download the game and then wait a week I guess. Enough other games to play.

Lol. I backed this as backer 266 but after I deleted my Facebook account, I can no longer get my key from their backer portal. Who the hell ties that to your FB account? I mean, I have a regular log in and password, but they key will only show up if I log in with my deleted Facebook account, which means I can't get my key. Wtf, what kind of genius builds their backer portal like that?

there probably are SJW themes in the game at some point, but I doubt he ran across them in the 8-12 minutes he has played the game.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't think it's possible to delete your facebook account, only to suspend it. In that case you should be able to un-suspend it and get your key. Alternatively, you could write to support, it should be possible for them to manually dig up the key, ask you your account's secret question or something like that...?
You can perma-delete Facebook accounts. You just have to wait 2 weeks for the permanent cancellation.

Sentinel

Arcane
there probably are SJW themes in the game at some point, but I doubt he ran across them in the 8-12 minutes he has played the game.
Every pronoun in character and ability descriptions is feminine.

I'm already triggered and it's hardly been seconds.
Can't you edit the descriptions?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom