Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

M. AQVILA

Arcane
there probably are SJW themes in the game at some point, but I doubt he ran across them in the 8-12 minutes he has played the game.
Every pronoun in character and ability descriptions is feminine.

I'm already triggered and it's hardly been seconds.

Is there a reason for that? BG2 was the same I think, I never really understood that.

Jinn

Arcane
Pro-tip: Turn off voice-acting. Has already improved the game greatly.

Also, having a lot of fun in the opening portions of the game. Good sign for a tutorial run.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
there probably are SJW themes in the game at some point, but I doubt he ran across them in the 8-12 minutes he has played the game.

I'm already triggered.
are you sure your character isn't set as female?

Is it similiar to Pillars of Eternity? Looks very smiliar which is very worrisome.
I hope this will be good, but I was let down too many times in recent years.

It has a similar look, but they are very different beasts. The opening is about a thousand times more engaging than POE's. Character creation is way way way more meaningful, because it's just refined D&D 3.5 rather than Sawyer's half-baked homegrown system.

Owlcat didn't try to reinvent the wheel. They took an existing module from an existing ruleset, which meant they could focus on building a good fucking game instead of needing to invent new rules, a new setting, and a new story. So far, it's a lot better than Pillars.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
Is there a reason for that?
cuck.png

Shadenuat

Arcane
everyone came as they came, and only I meant business by taking a giant bear into the palace. which proved instrumental to me not dying in first fight a-la AoD.

retarTuzio got cucked since I dropped the ring on the floor (game acknowledged that), and got all the females except undead chick

"slightly more powerful enemies" mean 20 AC wolves that rape your corpses, you've been warned.

The fucking entitlement is absolutely stunning.
What is your definiton of entitlement? Demanding a quality product when you spend real money on it?

no assuming and whining and acting butt-hurt that co-op does not exist because he assumed all games have co-op because its 'current year', and they should just add co-op. Gets told it was never a feature ever even hinted at...then says its not his fault for assuming it has co-op because its 2018..and on and on

pm_675

Arbiter
i did get stuck at 5% loading the first time. Checked steam forums and lots of people with the same problem, waited like 10 mins and started normally. Ffs, couldn´t they check their loading times? Literally, the first impression you get is the game doesn't work.

After loading the game it's incline (for now). Lots of options to create a character and the small amount of time I played was very good and without obvious gameplay bugs. Found several instances of incomplete or wrong text and generally bad performance with pop--up text (including showing other characters information in the description).

Even so the game was fun and I can't wait to play more. The problems were more annoying than showstopers and the playing itself is very satisfying. And it could really use more portraits, 28 portraits for eight races and two genders is too little.

Ohh, and when I quited the game continued runing and I had to task manager end it.

Slavs man, slavs.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Just off the main theme, seems like the music is going to be better than PoE's.
Beyond doubt.

Hasn't this been fashionable since D&D 3? I remember reading all-female pronouns in D&D 5's player's handbook, but I think it started earlier.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Beyond doubt.

Hasn't this been fashionable since D&D 3? I remember reading all-female pronouns in D&D 5's player's handbook, but I think it started earlier.
It was in BG2 already, i think.

Beyond doubt.

been around at least since mid to early 90's

Jinn

Arcane
My characters started walking and I thought I had hit a toggle run/walk button. To my pleasant surprise, there isn't such a button, and after looking around a bit I discovered that my shared party equipment weight (3 low strength characters) had hit over-encumbrance already. :incline:

Just in case anyone else is wonder what is going on when they reach that point. If you're anything like me, you probably aren't looking too closely at the tutorial tooltips.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
First puzzle (Sword statues) am I'm already feeling like a brainlet.
Might just be me though, I hate that sort of puzzle.

Glaucon

Prophet
Already found a bug in char creation, your "Appearance" choices under the "Race" tab default to regular when you move between different tabs. Pretty fucking annoying since I've never played PF, and I keep going back to check my racial bonuses.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Loading took 2 minutes 40 seconds including all logos. GOG version, 6 years old PC.

Curratum

Loading is abysmal, something like 90-110 seconds on a fairly decent PC.

Spent just 30-ish minutes with the game, feels incline-ish.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
For games like this loading is much more important than usual because of the constant map changing, which is why I've been touching on this subject since my initial question about SSD usage.

It's different with games like Witcher 3 or FF15 (or for argument's sake, any FPS) because while those take a while to load initially, you at least get to spend a lot of game time before needing to load again. In a game like PoE or P:KM you can easily expect to hit a loading screen every 5 minutes or less depending on what you're currently doing or what fetch-quest you're doing.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
For games like this loading is much more important than usual because of the constant map changing, which is why I've been touching on this subject since my initial question about SSD usage.

We are talking about initial loading.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
An SSD makes a huge difference for this game, on HDD it takes a ridiculous amount of time to load, minutes even , on SSD it doesn't take more than 10-20 seconds, hell even less in some instances.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom