Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter INSOMNIA: The Ark - dieselpunk sci-fi action-RPG set on a decaying space station

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Why are ALL THE GAMES coming in September?
:dealwithit:

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Seems like otherwise we would have to release the game in February 2019 otherwise.
I'm a bit confused to be honest because within September Bard's Tale IV, Pathfinder: Kingmaker and your game, Insomnia, are coming out (also close to them are "smaller" releases but I'm mentioning the "big" RPGs)
They all share a similar target group with small deviations.
Is this a known risk? Is September a "good month" according to the marketing people or something?

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Hopefully all goes well for you guys. I dont think i will purchase it day 1, like eveyone said, too many games, too few time and money.

I will push it back until october or november probably plus i will get the benefit of 2 or 3 patches hopefully. I dont mind buying full price, the game looks interesting, just i have too many plates full atm .

INSOMNIA_The_Ark

Studio Mono
Developer
In perfect word - yes, in reality - too many aspects affect decisions like this. Anyway you'll never know how good the launch will be. You can pick a perfect day and then some technical issue on Steam can ruin everything, or you can launch in a short window between releases and get modest sales. Time shall tell!

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Is the launch version relatively bug free or do you figure the game will need extensive patching post launch? It's understandable if you don't feel confortable answering this.
In perfect word - yes, in reality - too many aspects affect decisions like this. Anyway you'll never know how good the launch will be. You can pick a perfect day and then some technical issue on Steam can ruin everything, or you can launch in a short window between releases and get modest sales. Time shall tell!

INSOMNIA_The_Ark

Studio Mono
Developer
Our main goal is first of all to make the game free of critical bugs, so you can complete it without crashes and freezes. Secondary goal is improving all possible aspects that people weren't happy enough with during the closed beta. So basically the question is how well we will be able to cover secondary goals till game is released. We will publish a post-release roadmap as well so you'll get a better idea what we have in mind in terms of post-release support.

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I plan on playing on release (hoping to still do) but will it make me feel like I'm beta testing?

INSOMNIA_The_Ark

Studio Mono
Developer
We had beta test for more than 3 months. It certainly helped making a better game. So I guess your experience will be far superior than that :D.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
I have a Steam key from backing this game. As with the hundreds of other projects I've backed as part of my Primordia-revenue-tithing program, I have no time to play. Anyone want the key? If so, I'd just ask that if you like the game, you leave a review for it -- that matters a lot for indie developers.

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
I have a Steam key from backing this game. As with the hundreds of other projects I've backed as part of my Primordia-revenue-tithing program, I have no time to play. Anyone want the key? If so, I'd just ask that if you like the game, you leave a review for it -- that matters a lot for indie developers.

I will post a Steam review, but I will wait at least a month after launch.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer

I can review it on my channel, I guess. Their coincidental Kingmaker release does make this a pain in the ass, though.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm in!

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Seems like Pope Amole is the most promising vehicle for my goal of promoting indie titles. Sorry to the others.

Slimu

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Are there any plans for expansions or DLCs?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom