Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Generic-Giant-Spider

6asDuN6.jpg

My sex life in a screenshot.

jf8350143

Liturgist
How can you run away from a battle?

Get betrayed by the green bitch and surrounded by bunch of monsters.
The game expected me to run away but I can't really leave the area during combat. And the enemy is right in front of the exit of the map.

Elex

Arbiter
The amount of "natural" twenties enemies roll seems a little... unnatural to me. I mean, I like the game and I'm probably just being an idiot for smacking my head against encounters that are too hard but at the same time those instances I mentioned with the kobolds or that fucking centipede - lol 50 dmg crit shitting all over Amiri and Valerie plus dex poison that kills my other characters within 3 rounds - are just redonkulous.

Fuuuuuuuck yoooouuuuuuu
todpQrS.jpg
so it’s the xcom of crpg?

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
The amount of "natural" twenties enemies roll seems a little... unnatural to me. I mean, I like the game and I'm probably just being an idiot for smacking my head against encounters that are too hard but at the same time those instances I mentioned with the kobolds or that fucking centipede - lol 50 dmg crit shitting all over Amiri and Valerie plus dex poison that kills my other characters within 3 rounds - are just redonkulous.

Fuuuuuuuck yoooouuuuuuu
todpQrS.jpg
so it’s the xcom of crpg?

It does feel like nu-COM at times when the game decides to take a dump on you in the first round. I don't know if this is legal as per RAW or not. Fucking regular kobolds witth 19 base AC.

jf8350143

Liturgist
The kingdom management part is really messing with the pacing of story. After you become the Baron, you have to come back to your capital every once a while and goes out to solve problems.

So you go out, messing around for a while and suddenly you have to go back. And when you are just manage your kingdom and spending time upgrade it, you need to stop and goes to the map to deal with other shit. It doesn't feel balanced. Around one third of my playtime right now is running around between places and my capital, and all the rest in between them, which is just pure boredom.

Last edited:

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Just had another random encounter, but now with Werewolves, basically imune to everything if you don't have magical or silver weapons at level 3, even if you had them you still wouldnt be able to hit them. Are they trying to make the player miserable or something, hey look you arent worth shit now reload again you worthless maggot. The random encounters just suck, had two of them with Giants that killed me with a single sweep, had another one with 10+ bandits, it feels like they didnt test this shit at all.

Ulfhednar

Savant
So how's the "handling" in the game? What defeated NWN2 wasn't the systems after all, but a combination of camera, poor-ass kinaesthetics and horrible interaction with UI and environment, both in practice and as far as ~~~*FEELS*~~~ go.
I have never finished NWN2 due to issues you describe. PK feels like BG1 if everyone equipped boots of slow instead of boots of haste - really needs fast/slow mode toggle like in Pillars. I like the UI so far, except maybe the inventory (small icons, no stacks except consumables, scrolling issues.)

Shadenuat

Arcane
Magus is the shit, deliver any touch spell as free action together with your main weapon attack with +20 to hit from True Strike you can pre-cast and you can survive a bit with Mirrored Image too. Too bad he is basically a 1-2 charges battery that runs out super quick.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Magus is the shit, deliver any touch spell as free action together with your main weapon attack with +20 to hit from True Strike you can pre-cast and you can survive a bit with Mirrored Image too. Too bad he is basically a 1-2 charges battery that runs out super quick.

That's every mage at low levels though.
The amount of gish classes feels a bit odd. I mean, there's Eldritch Scoundrel, Magus, regular Wizard/Rogue like Octavia, Eldritch Knight, Bard...

Jezal_k23

Slow movement speed and everything feeling like it's in slow motion is driving me crazy. I even dropped just about everything to make sure it's not encumberance, but everyone still moves at a snail's pace. It's seriously affecting my enjoyment of the game, does anyone know how to make everyone move faster?

Syme

Arbiter
Slow movement speed and everything feeling like it's in slow motion is driving me crazy. I even dropped just about everything to make sure it's not encumberance, but everyone still moves at a snail's pace. It's seriously affecting my enjoyment of the game, does anyone know how to make everyone move faster?

Cheat Engine lets you speed up almost any game. Works just fine with this one, though I'd recommend binding the speedhack to a hotkey and switch it off in combat, or else things may get too hectic.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Was true in IE and true here, at least on high difficulties - fighters are not tanks. The one who has Mirror Image cast is a tank.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom