Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Fairfax

Arcane
According to Pathfinder ruleset a grizzly bear would give the party 1200 XP. So even if it is something like 50x6 = 300XP it sounds like way too few. Might just be a bug

They've probably just rebalanced to put more XP on quests and less on kills to prevent grinding.

You can't grind in the AP books, so it makes sense.
I know a young Gygax would disagree, but murderhobo-based experience acquisition was always a retarded concept, but especially in CRPG:s with a possibility to grind. Goal-oriented experience makes a lot more sense, and allows for a unified curve of character growth regardless of how an encounter or situation was resolved, incentivising creative thinking/development by developers and creative problem-solving by players.

I argued a lot over this when PoE was under development, and I still don't understand why some retards favor a system of creatures-as-xp-piñatas.
Gygax would agree, hence the XP from gold system. The vast majority of XP was supposed to come from loot, not monsters. For instance, in AD&D:

An ancient spell-using red dragon of huge size with 88 hit points has a
BXPV of 1300, XP/HP total of 1408, SAXPB of 2800 (armor class + special
defense + high intelligence + saving throw bonus due to h.p./die), and an
EAXPA of 2550 (major breath weapon + spell use + attack damage of
3-30/bite) — totalling 7758 x.p.

Meanwhile random gemstones and jewelry can be worth 5-50k.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Someone should buy a copy of Pathfinder: Kingmaker for Darth Roxor

All you oil-princes out there, whip out those wallets! He said he'll play it if he gets it for free.

EDIT: Listen, I know this would probably lead to a negative review, but I think everyone who likes good and challenging games should play this.

Lalala, I don't hear you.

elexinstall.png

well then

kangmaker.png

nope, i'm waiting for patches first

Xeon

Augur
I think it says if you hover over the log for the spider swarm attack, something like roll whatever = 13 or something (immune).

At first I thought because they were small, I couldn't attack with my sword that well so I tried a club to try and crush them but that also didn't work. Kinda wanted to try with a torch but didn't find one in my inventory.

Oh and I also tried acid something, but it passed them and didn't seem to do anything.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I've been searching for custom portraits and let me tell you, there's a lot of retarded art for Pathfinder. The art direction they chose for this game blows the regular Paizo art out of the water.
What kind of character concept do you have? I have a pretty big library of fantasy art that can potentially work for portraits, maybe I can find you something good.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
then we are in agreement then, you fucking moron?
I guess?

a big fat 0 appears and i am pretty sure the log gives you an "immune to x" message. problem is, if you enter that cave without any AOE spells or items, you can reload your game, since you are unable to simply leave.
Really? I entered the cave under stealth, but even without it, the spiders should be in fog of war and not trigger immediately. That said, yeah, once combat starts you're SOL unless you have 10+ flasks or good spellcasting AoE, especially since another spider and another spider-swarm shows up mid-combat once the other spider swarms start biting it.
Not sure if there's a way to check the math like in PoE

Isn't that what hovering over the combat log messages does? It gives you info on rolls and bonuses that justify the result. Doubt it tells you they're immune though.
I think so, yeah, but I haven't really checked since I'm not one to work through the math while playing. But that alone doesn't really tell you *what* is wrong, necessarily, since they likely have a flat immunity, not just really high DR or AC.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I've been searching for custom portraits and let me tell you, there's a lot of retarded art for Pathfinder. The art direction they chose for this game blows the regular Paizo art out of the water.
What kind of character concept do you have? I have a pretty big library of fantasy art that can potentially work for portraits, maybe I can find you something good.
Give me all your barbarians

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Give me all your barbarians
It shall be done. Maybe you will already have many of them, but some will probably be new.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Anything aasimar, preferably *priestly* aasimar that would fit the art style of the game and not be wildly different from the paper dolls/avatars? It's a long-ass shot, but the two aasimar portraits in the game are both horrible.

The portraits are really, really top-notch, but there's waaaaay too few of them.

Mortmal

Arcane
The head thing when you sleep in the camp. Another impossible one. I don't get it? Why would I not want to camp? This would have been perfect for a really tough but doable fight, not a guy with 37 armor and no way to do enough spell damage even if I was fully rested. I have a suspicion that by the time I can beat this skull I will have no need or desire to rest at the camp, making the camp useless.
The camp filled with several corpses who died from unknown causes ? Sure sounds great idea and use a pile of them as cushion while you are at it, make yourself comfortable...

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Meanwhile review scores have fallen to Mixed on Steam, which kinda sucks for sales and publicity.
While the game has problems, the amount of bugs and issues is comparable to PoE and DOS on launch, imo.
I'm leaving a positive one, this game has potential and I miss D&D.

Sentinel

Arcane
I think so, yeah, but I haven't really checked since I'm not one to work through the math while playing. But that alone doesn't really tell you *what* is wrong, necessarily, since they likely have a flat immunity, not just really high DR or AC.
True. Doesn't help that the in-game Bestiary is completely useless.

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
i know the game does let you know if something is immune, but now i am not so sure if it was the case with the swarm. i encountered a bunch of wererats that are immune to magic missile.

which btw, is that a thing? wererats that are immune to magic missile? i mean, i could hurt a werewolf with it.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

I have a character now but thanks for the offer. My Crusader follows Cayden Cailean and uses this amazing image.
Get shitfaced, smite assholes.

The head thing when you sleep in the camp. Another impossible one. I don't get it? Why would I not want to camp? This would have been perfect for a really tough but doable fight, not a guy with 37 armor and no way to do enough spell damage even if I was fully rested. I have a suspicion that by the time I can beat this skull I will have no need or desire to rest at the camp, making the camp useless.
The camp filled with several corpses who died from unknown causes ? Sure sounds great idea and use a pile of them as cushion while you are at it, make yourself comfortable...
:lol:

You know, this kind of content is what I'm most looking forward to.

hexer

Difficulty-by-stat-bloat is the laziest way to inflate difficulty, and is either irrelevant to the actual difficulty of the game (because the difficulty relies on other metrics, such as positioning or proper use of abilities/circumstances) or frustrating (because it leads to the aforementioned reliance on RNGesus, resulting in rocket-tag and subsequent save-scumming).

There is nothing impressive about it at all. All it proves is that whomever succeeded on it was some form of autist mining e-peen.

A loooong time ago I made a NWN mod where difficulty increase would add new content in the game such as Machiavellianly crafted encounters or I made existing foes use new strategies .
But I also gave higher rewards. Players liked that approach and I'm using it again for my game

Sentinel

Arcane

The flying skull is pretty much impossible to kill and 2 shots anyone in the party while fearing in an AoE. I laughed and quickloaded since it was an avoidable encounter and I could just come back later. No biggie.

Codex Year of the Donut

The flying skull is pretty much impossible to kill and 2 shots anyone in the party while fearing in an AoE. I laughed and quickloaded since it was an avoidable encounter and I could just come back later. No biggie.
just use remove fear(or w/e it's called) and get a sandwich while waiting for amira to kill it with 1 crit

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom