Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
Considering this is pretty faithful to the rules then all the old builds should work fine. All single-class casters with min/maxed casting stats are OP in 3.x. Monks and bards are generally bad, paladins and rangers are okayish but generally outclassed by fighters, barbarians are stronk but need clerics to constantly feed heals, dual-wield melee rogues are strong glass canons, ranged rogues stink. Multiclassing is almost never worth it, even if the combo looks awesome at level 20 it will probably be gimped along the way and take too long to get fun. Since all the PrCs in the game are hybrid casters, none of them are really worth taking.

I'm trying a falcata/shield bash fighter build, just for the hell of it.

Mech

Cipher
I will never understand why Weapon Focus is a feat. You get something like 8 feats in the entire game, and you want me to pick 1 out of 50 different weapons so I can either get extremely fucking lucky that I can get a good weapon with the focus I picked, or it is a completely wasted feat in the end.

Zeriel

Arcane
My main character is permanently fatigued, even after i camp. Am i missing something?

Are you getting the nightmares text? When you rest and trigger it, your MC (and only your MC) doesn't rest. You can solve this by going to the river and talking to the dude.

If this isn't the case then I don't know.

I will never understand why Weapon Focus is a feat. You get something 8 feats in the entire game, and you want me to pick 1 out of 50 different weapons so I can either get extremely fucking lucky that I can get a good weapon with the focus I picked, or it is a completely wasted feat in the end.

Yeah, it's pretty weird, but in tabletop or simulated tabletop it can work a lot better. I remember in TOEE with mods the crafting was so good you could make any weapon you wanted with any enchantment, so feats like that were a lot better. Flip side of that is it makes found loot a lot less interesting.

I haven't gotten far enough into the game to see if the Kingdom management has anything like that.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
That is some next level or archery,two arrows at once..... classy.
VU4k8xs.png

EDIT:Soooo actually i was mistaken it makes two attacks per round...thus 4 damage attacks if both hit.

Probably has Rapid Shot feat. Higher difficulties likely add levels of Warrior NPC class to stock enemies.
That is for their second attack,but every one of their attacks do two damages,i run in a group of three such archers,won by luck,they were downing a guy per shot. The difficulty is broken in this game.

Also just look at this:

2FL4Dyu.png

This is with good weapons and very easy enemies! I tried 10 times before i broke and lowered the difficulty for this fight,still can't even kill a single enemy!

Kem0sabe

Arcane
My main character is permanently fatigued, even after i camp. Am i missing something?

Are you getting the nightmares text? When you rest and trigger it, your MC (and only your MC) doesn't rest. You can solve this by going to the river and talking to the dude.

If this isn't the case then I don't know.

I will never understand why Weapon Focus is a feat. You get something 8 feats in the entire game, and you want me to pick 1 out of 50 different weapons so I can either get extremely fucking lucky that I can get a good weapon with the focus I picked, or it is a completely wasted feat in the end.

Yeah, it's pretty weird, but in tabletop or simulated tabletop it can work a lot better. I remember in TOEE with mods the crafting was so good you could make any weapon you wanted with any enchantment, so feats like that were a lot better. Flip side of that is it makes found loot a lot less interesting.

I haven't gotten far enough into the game to see if the Kingdom management has anything like that.

Thanks, it's the nightmares.

Another question about the resting system if you dont mind, when i rest in the world map, i cant choose which characters to do specific chores, and not the entire party is used to fill roles.

Zeriel

Arcane
I will agree that the amount of DR thrown around from low levels is kind of unusual. My memories from 2e days is that DR is supposed to be rare and generally confined to golems/high level enemies, is it completely different in Pathfinder or something?

Another question about the resting system if you dont mind, when i rest in the world map, i cant choose which characters to do specific chores, and not the entire party is used to fill roles.

Click the "manage" button, it will let you drag the characters around.

Syme

Arbiter
10/bludgeoning doesn't mean you need a magic blunt weapon, any old hammer or mace will do just fine. If it takes a magic weapon to get past the DR, it will read as "10/bludgeoning and magic", like the Wendigo for example (with cold iron instead of bludgeoning).

My lame-ass greatsword guy has 12-22 dmg on lvl 1 with power attack, and that's just a fighter with 20 str and no special crap. Do the resistances get higher later on, so that you actually have to switch weapons instead of just powering through?

They get more common, but not much higher. Off the top of my head I can't think of any standard creature having more than 20 damage reduction. I'd still recommend switching weapons if you can, X amount of damage off every hit quickly adds up and it's usually much higher than the difference between your favorite weapon and a weaker secondary. The golfbag full of weapons for every occasion is a real thing.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
This is with good weapons and very easy enemies! I tried 10 times before i broke and lowered the difficulty for this fight,still can't even kill a single enemy!

Golems have funny resistances, you might need different damage types or materials.
Don't know about materials,but am rpg veteran,i do know to diversify my damage output. This retards are immune to anything except my rogues's sneak attacks. No magic works on them.

jungl

Augur
been playing a monk and its pretty meh. flurry of blows and the ki power that adds extra attack is nice. Around level 6 should be strong with dragon ferocity. Depends what items/spells in the game if monk becomes good or not.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Please go and clear this dungeon,it is challenge to the fans. I will only wish you good luck with this lovely gentlemen here.
zpniyCf.png

Also here is the location of the dungeon if anyone is that masochistic,it is called lonely barrow:
S42njzc.png

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I will never understand why Weapon Focus is a feat. You get something like 8 feats in the entire game, and you want me to pick 1 out of 50 different weapons so I can either get extremely fucking lucky that I can get a good weapon with the focus I picked, or it is a completely wasted feat in the end.

Whats worse is they constantly recommend that shit for all characters.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Whats worse is they constantly recommend that shit for all characters.
Ughhhh you get like 10 feats in this game. Weapon focus is pretty useful if you want to specialize in one weapon. I find it harder to not pick it because i don't see many useful feats.

The Avatar

Pseudodragon Studios
Developer
Weapon Focus is okay... you can just buy the weapon you want. Also, sometimes you only stick to one weapon like composite bow if you are an archer. Plus it is a prereq for other feats like Weapon Specialization. They really should have made the individual weapons into weapon groups though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom