Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Thonius

Arcane
What do you mean Amiri? Just enlarge her! She will wreck the shit!

More like Valerie "We gave her 15 charisma because backstory! What do you mean that's a dump stat for fighters? BACKSTORY!!"

Game has no arcane single class powerhouses

The fighters are all pretty bad too, but here have three clerics.
I'm almost sure she can be converted to paladin... maybe

Thonius

Arcane
Btw in the long run I'd say best class to choose for first playthrough is an Evoker/Transmuter or Sorcerer. Game has no arcane single class powerhouses, they're all either dual or gishes, Jubilost is Alchemist so gg.

I mean there's nothing preventing you from choosing different classes for your companions once they level up. It's not ideal in most cases, but I kinda like the idea of turning my goth bitch the undead inquisitor into a druid to fuck with her to round out my party with a full divine caster that isn't a depressed dwarf or a faggot.
But solo tactics kind of nice!

Israfael

Arcane
HEY GUYS, ANYONE ELSE GETTING ASS BLASTED BY SOME BIG BOYS AT LVL 6
Devs used something like Hideous Laughter (don't know the PT name of the spell) on the ogre, it worked quite well, actually. If it didn't, most melee chars were dead in 5 turns after a couple 45+ crits (or it could have been hits) :lol:
Pretty sure such bosses are meant to be handled with Web/Hold Monster/Sleep/Slow/Grease/Ghoul's Touch and so on. People are generally too drunk on evocation magic to notice that illusion/transmutation/etc is also useful in certain situations.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
HEY GUYS, ANYONE ELSE GETTING ASS BLASTED BY SOME BIG BOYS AT LVL 6
Devs used something like Hideous Laughter (don't know the PT name of the spell) on the ogre, it worked quite well, actually. If it didn't, most melee chars were dead in 5 turns after a couple 45+ crits (or it could have been hits) :lol:
Pretty sure such bosses are meant to be handled with Web/Hold Monster/Sleep/Slow/Grease/Ghoul's Touch and so on. People are generally too drunk on evocation magic to notice that illusion/transmutation/etc is also useful in certain situations.

Literally every difficulty spike in the game is a fairly transparent "do you remember what the fuck utility spells are" problem.

End of the tutorial is literally a test of whether you can cast basic cleric and bard spells, and it continues from there.

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Doing Valerie's quest fucks your save and makes the game unplayable.

Yeah, same thing happened to me. After completing her quest anytime I try to move from the throne room to the outside I get booted to the main menu with an 'object reference not set' error.
When does her quest start???

Some time during chapter two. I'm not entirely sure what triggers it. I got when some time had passed after I finished the 'Ancient Curse' main quest (it's the one with the 30 day timer). Seems like the bug only happens after you've talked to her in the capital once you've finished the duel (which then completes the quest).

Serus

Arcane
Patron
I just want the fucking monsters to have the same attributes, stats and XP rewards as the core rules.

Is that too much to ask for? Fuck sake. Why am I fighting these guys with ridiculous AC at level 4 that only give 50 EXP.
I assume you just want to play ironman as well - because a DM won't let you "reload", you know. Not to mention the fact that AI of monsters in a computer game will be always inferior to a DM. Simply transferring something balanced for pnp into a computer game is a bad idea. That doesn't mean that giving monsters insane stats is the correct answer.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Man Jubilost might be one of the better built characters, too bad he's not a pure bomber. Just throw them bombs all day, destroy everything. He is also the best waifucook. Too bad he's basically THAT ONE THING I THROW BOMBS I would give everything for him being wizord/sorc

Lindzi slowly becoming my main crutch to combat difficulty since +2 song (competence) +2 heroism (morale) (10 mins/level) and with gloves +5 Trickery she takes 20 on all chests + CC spells and because she farms all the traps she actually lands those spells on enemies. Lolzspell, Glitterdust, Hold Person, Heroism, all useful.

Also most of the items in the game are standard D&D stuff (except those you craft from parts found around) but holy fuck are they useful and expensive and all feel like a milestone passed. A tower shield for Val on level 5 with 10 flat fire resist, or burning bastard sword, adamantite full plate, +5 to trickery gloves, necklace +2 attack +4 damage against animals & beasts - all items sold are obviosly tuned for companions to use. And of course everything costs like thousands of gold so I glare on them and pick what I buy for half an hour.

I though I would miss Web but Druid's Sickening Entangle & Spike Growth are really just as good, and mostly enough.

The Feyspeaker is total garbage kit though. Lol cast color spray one level higher. Lol cast mirror image as 3d level spell. And you get shapeshifting later. Fuuuck. I just got ability to turn into wolf with tripping attack on level 6.

Last edited:

jf8350143

Liturgist
I've been reading the steam discussions and I can not say this often enough, the developers really fucked up by not adding a "core rules" difficulty. That's my main gripe with this game, and the biggest con so far.
you can't move a slider a little?

I can and I did, or so I assume I'm playing with core rules. The problem is that the game never explicitly tells you what you have to do to play with core rules. I've been reading people pointing out how enemy stats are bloated even with everything on normal/average. I don't play the PnP so I don't know if that's true.
I suppose that simply the game don't follow 1:1 the kingmaker module. Still the harder part for people is when the monster and mechanics are RAW like in pathfinder. see monster resistance/immunities or the spells that need touch/to hit (and this is that need knowledge of the game).
monster with a lot of HP/armor are never a real problem.

I'm not having any trouble at the moment playing on custom true normal, that's not the point. The problem lies in the fact that they didn't add the core rules difficulty for those who want to play the game as it was meant to be played. Bloating the enemies' stats should be done for higher difficulties but you should always have the core rules to compare it to. It's a retarded design decision not to have the core rules for those who want it, even if it would be easy. Just put it next to story mode if you have to ffs.

Even on story mode the enemy have extra AB and AC comparing to their pnp counterparts.

Drudkh

Learned
W8MH9uB.jpg

Whoever it was that referred to this game as 'Pathfinder: Cuckmaker' earlier in this thread sure wasn't kidding.

I believe this is the character MCA wrote, no?

Poor Rego...

Kaivokz

Arcane
I started the game as a Human Universalist Scroll Savant. The only pathfinder class I know well is Oracle, since it's what I play in my campaign. Was wavering between scroll savant, half-orc magus, and gnome fey sorcerer focused on illusion/compulsion. I'm not sure if scroll savant will turn out to be worth trading in the extra 3 magic feats, but I figured universalist spontaneous metamagic would mean I don't need all the metamagic feats, just the ones I use a lot. Anyway, once I learned there were no pure arcane spell casters among the companions I decided against magus.

Does anyone know if universalist mages can metamagic spells right away, or does it function exactly as the feat? (Meaning you can only quicken level 5 spells once you can cast level 9 spells?)

Linzi left me because I said I only saved the guards after weighing the benefit of saving them from fire vs. saving our hosts from assassins, which is apparently evil... even though I decided saving the guards would be the best use of time given that I'm a piddly level 1 wizard who was out of spells. So my party ended up being undead elf girl + guard girl + amiri. Have fun with the asshole gnome, I guess, Linzi!

Shadenuat

Arcane
I got 2 handed acid axe, dorf got multiple new buffs including (morale) +strength and prayer and ability to summon skelengton champions, I mow through trolls on Hard like crazy with a buffed army of frogs bears and undead with gigantic amiri Great Cleave Cleave Finishing everything

Also got level on gnome dick holy hell alchemists have a shitton of good stuff. And of course developers didn't take any of really good stuff eh.

Last edited:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I got 2 handed acid axe, dorf got multiple new buffs including (morale) +strength and prayer and ability to summon skelengton champions, I mow through trolls on Hard like crazy with a buffed army of frogs bears and undead with gigantic amiri Great Cleave Cleave Finishing everything

Also got level on gnome dick holy hell alchemists have a shitton of good stuff. And of course developers didn't take any of really good stuff eh.

What level are u?

gestalt11

Arbiter
One thing I noticed about the codex is 80% of it are actually pretty bad at playing crpgs well. Most of codex can't even win 1 game of dungeon crawl stone soup.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Valygar is probably the most solid physical character built. 16 STR, 20 DEX, archer kit, he can even pick trait like ignoring concealment. A living machine gun with highest BAB in the group. If only I had 7th character slot...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom