Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter INSOMNIA: The Ark - dieselpunk sci-fi action-RPG set on a decaying space station

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
wow it's pretty cheap actually, i can buy it later after it's patched

Shog-goth

Elder Thing
Patron
Refunded but, anyway, I'll keep it on the radar for incoming patches and optimisations. I see the potential for a future cult classic, but needs more time in the oven.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
I have to agree. I'm loving the game so far, but it wasn't ready for release. Slow framerate and untranslated text are major issues.

It has all the makings of a great RPG. Skill checks, exploration, faction system, choice & consequences, unforgiving combat, ect. It could be an RPG classic with some more development time.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
I probably will buy it next week to supoort teh devs, but will play it later maybe. There are just alot of games to play. It seems prertt good from what i heard, just need ironing out.

Jinn

Arcane
Game really does look awesome. I really wish it hadn't come out right now, of all times, when I have 7 other games I need to finish up and want to play. I'll probably try to grab it in a couple weeks when it's a little more patched up.

Congrats on the release INSOMNIA_The_Ark! Hope reviews even out for you and the patching goes smoothly!

Moink

Cipher
I have to agree. I'm loving the game so far, but it wasn't ready for release. Slow framerate and untranslated text are major issues.

It has all the makings of a great RPG. Skill checks, exploration, faction system, choice & consequences, unforgiving combat, ect. It could be an RPG classic with some more development time.

Sounds like they should've gone for that other release date tbh.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
The graphics aren't the best, but the environments look awesome

IfblVuV.jpg

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
The best way to describe it is if New Vegas, Elex, and Mars War Logs had a child.

I wouldn't recommend buying it until its been patched a couple times, but I'm hooked.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
This game is so cool! One second I'm watching strippers, and the next I'm watching a movie inside the theaters.

vQjiJNS.jpg

POXhSsK.jpg

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
I'm pissed off they released it in this state, because this is actually an excellent game once it gets going. The atmosphere and worldbuilding in some of these locations has seriously impressed me.

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I probably will buy it next week to supoort teh devs, but will play it later maybe.
this! if you want the game to become better then obviously you have to give the developers some funds to work with. I can't understand why people refund the game if it might become good after additional development

if nobody pays for it then there will probably not be any more patches

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
I discovered this weird fucking place and nothing makes sense anymore. Probably time to give it a rest anyways.

ea7d84o.jpg

dh9M0SE.jpg

raO5SoK.jpg

Heretic

Cipher
FPS started out good. EPIC setting, 60 FPS. But as soon as I got to the city or whatever it is (the big area), it was slashed in half. Lowered it to high, but same brutal FPS drop. Makes me sad, looked so promising right at the beginning.

i7 processor, 16g RAM and 1060 GTX if you were wondering.
Presuming Epic is the highest graphical quality, is a GTX 1060 a good card for the highest setting, in any game?

Moink

Cipher
I probably will buy it next week to supoort teh devs, but will play it later maybe.
this! if you want the game to become better then obviously you have to give the developers some funds to work with. I can't understand why people refund the game if it might become good after additional development

It might be a shocker but people actually want to play the thing they gave money for and not just sit there twiddling their thumbs with the vague hope it gets fixed. Steam has a section for games that require additional development and it's called "Early Access".

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
FPS started out good. EPIC setting, 60 FPS. But as soon as I got to the city or whatever it is (the big area), it was slashed in half. Lowered it to high, but same brutal FPS drop. Makes me sad, looked so promising right at the beginning.

i7 processor, 16g RAM and 1060 GTX if you were wondering.
Presuming Epic is the highest graphical quality, is a GTX 1060 a good card for the highest setting, in any game?

It was the default setting so I thought I would give it a go. I lowered to high, but had the same exact drop, so it makes me think maybe it has something to do with the CPU, and not the GPU. Otherwise the recommended card on the store page is a Geforce 760.

Played some more, and I agree with Safav Hamon the world building and atmosphere is top class. Really enjoyed the combat too. The combat felt very ELEX, but maybe more deadlier? I do like that there is no sticky cover, and you actually have to crouch and take cover manually, like the olden days I guess. Feels more player involved doing that.

Another thing is the writing. I think it flows pretty smoothly, and the writing is pretty good. I love how everyone is a sarcastic asshole a la Stalker.

kain30

Cipher
oh well, by the time i finished Pathfinder and BT 4 I hope the performance issues have been solve. I´m not sure if with my 1080 will be enough.

i dig it so far

really nice locations and environments
good atmosphere
shooting and movement feels nice and smooth
characters and dialogue are quite charming

but there is the jank, your tolerance of which will likely decide how much you enjoy the game as is

dialogue needs another run of editing or five
got stuck in a wall, once
untranslated map text in one of the early large areas
the odd untranslated inventory item
empty text boxes in character screen

also in regards to the performance issues, I just arrived at the riot scene mentioned above and have no noticeable frame drops (nor in earlier scenes) with an i5 and 1060 running 1920x1080 with settings on epic, so hopefully they're able to tweak a few things to make it better for those having problems as it doesn't seem like an all-afflicting issue.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom