Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

AetherVagrant

Cipher
Patron
Feels like when I first fired up NWN..
Graphics and all. I fucking hate this Unity running animation. Someone kill it. Game in motion looks like NWN ported to Pillars2.

Otherwise feels good so far. Havent had that 3.5 feeling in a long time. Obviously picked a magus because Ive got my mind on my mana and my mana on my mind.
Also then ill feel good reading those whiny steam reviews when i sail through the first few hours with my squishy.

Jinn

Arcane
Feels like when I first fired up NWN..
Graphics and all. I fucking hate this Unity running animation. Someone kill it. Game in motion looks like NWN ported to Pillars2.

The way the game controls and the way movement animations look actually reminds me more of Silent Storm than NWN by far. No coincidence there. Also a positive thing, from my perspective.

Last edited:

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
If story continues to be this fairy tale-ish boring slog for kids I doubt it will interest me because combat is not that great either.

So which other style of story do you prefer then?
The issue is that we've got the choice between Bioware tranny shit, Larian lol randumb shit and this. I prefer fairy tale stuff over the other two.
AoD and UR blow this straight out the water though. Both in writing, GFX(UR) and not-rtwp. I'd say this is what poe should have been but that's about it. Not exactly a classic as far as I can tell for now. And it's rtwp. Which is fucking shit.

Trash Player

Scholar
Any advice for rogues?
Not familiar with pathfinder too much, and the game seems tuned to require some though.

NWN1&2 were easy enough to just spam HiPS with dual wielding, is that good enough here?

Mostly interested in making the most out of skill checks, should I just take another class?
Rogues get overcompensating Weapon Finesse at lv3: one qualifying weapon get Dex applied to damage instead of Str. This is available to all kits except Arcane Scoundrel, which is an arcane caster instead.
Yes, it is ridiculous. TWF maxes out at Greater. Barbarians get bonus to to-hit and weapon damage instead of Str. Of course there is always Monk...

Codex Year of the Donut
god i fucking hate rtwp
Doesn't matter. Jerking off to the manual and character creation screen are the best things these games offer anyway. I did that for the NWNs at least.
BUT THIS ONE DOESN'T COME WITH A PASSABLE MANUAL OR EVEN IN-GAME INFO
:x
There's a manual in the game, it's under the 'codex' tab. IIRC they don't even tell you it exists.
ToEE is still the gold standard for ingame manuals, sadly.

So is turning on the "only the character doing the skill check gets the xp" option is a good idea?
No. EXP is slow enough already.

AetherVagrant

Cipher
Patron
I've been reading the steam discussions and I can not say this often enough, the developers really fucked up by not adding a "core rules" difficulty. That's my main gripe with this game, and the biggest con so far.
you can't move a slider a little?

I can and I did, or so I assume I'm playing with core rules. The problem is that the game never explicitly tells you what you have to do to play with core rules. I've been reading people pointing out how enemy stats are bloated even with everything on normal/average. I don't play the PnP game so I don't know if that's true.
The fuck you care about "core rules" when you dont even have a point of reference from pnp? "Phwooar I wanna feel like im getting the most authentic experience" he says into his holodeck.
So many other compromises made to translate something to videogame format but "hurr mai numbers gots to match boss"
Although true core rulea may not be meaningful a hipster authenticity slider might be

Jinn

Arcane
Another significant dose of incline. Kobolds and your rival.

That little kobold ambush set up for me would have gone a lot better for them if I hadn't shown up at night. Their reduced vision made it so I could sneak up on them and take them out methodically.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
They just don't fucking listen, coupled with nonsense RTwP frustrating implementation. It took me about 10 tries and it should have been fun, but every additional reload filled me with more anger that getting simple directions obeyed is futile. I didn't get lucky in winning. I got lucky in being obeyed finally (with some luck too).

I haven't had that problem, just turn the AI off entirely if they start acting retarded on their own. I've noticed that the AI is actually relatively sane and doesn't walk into AoE fields like webs by itself for example. Can you post the build for your MC?
He's the regular warrior working on what looks like numerous cleave feats to get to normal, passive great cleave. I guess I need to get all the active cleaves to open the normal cleaves.

The flying skull is pretty much impossible to kill and 2 shots anyone in the party while fearing in an AoE. I laughed and quickloaded since it was an avoidable encounter and I could just come back later. No biggie.

And come back and sleep in a camp you don't need to sleep in to kill a skull that opens a camp to sleep in that you don't need to?

Great encounter design. Great flow. Great content. It would have made a ton of sense to do, like a said, and make it a really tough but doable fight that opens the camp when it would be useful.

After work I cleared all the caves of trash and kill both tribe leaders. The content in the caves has been enjoyable for the most part. The boss fights were fun and a challenge. I am doing the gnome fight last, and am currently working on the large centipede boss thing. I can beat it but I can't beat it so far without getting the fucking AoE dex poison shit when he explodes. Why? My fucking guys don't listen. I may just eat it and then go and rest somewhere and come back, but not rest in the obvious useful place it would have made sense, gameplay and content wise to rest. Then come back for the gnome. Or maybe check the gnome fight out and see if its possible with that dex shit and no not everyone close to full health.

Either way, the game is fun besides the shitty RTwP combat. Graphics are probably the best I've ever seen for my graphics taste, minus the super restricted portraits options. This game is a good crpg for a RTwP one. I would have loved to have been able to support it. Its a shame they have NAZI moderators that ban people for no reason and lie about it. Lying, cock sucking tyrants.

Has anyone from the company that isn't a cocksucking NAZI tyrant moderator commented on their heavy-handed banning of people for no reason? Any apologies from the company or public reprimand of the NAZI mods? It really is a shame that I was put in a position where I have to pirate a game that I would otherwise go into full retard mode over defending and promoting. Fucking NAZI tyrants ruin everything.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
Here we go again.:lol:

7c90d64053fdd0cfb2c9aedc1a72313f.jpg

Either way, the game is fun besides the shitty RTwP combat. Graphics are probably the best I've ever seen for my graphics taste, minus the super restricted portraits options. This game is a good crpg for a RTwP one. I would have loved to have been able to support it. Its a shame they have NAZI moderators that ban people for no reason and lie about it. Lying, cock sucking tyrants.

So, you pirating this game you like is a political statement? Huh.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
some dude was saying that most of the :incline: options in the game were "design flawns" so I replied "those aren't design flaws. you are a design flaw". got permabanned from pathfinder steam forum.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom