Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pathfinder: Kingmaker Released

Jrpgfan

Erudite
I really don't understand all the complaint about difficulty. It's not an easy game, but I had no trouble at all so far. That wolf encounter people was bitching about and the devs said were gonna nerf took me about one reload to beat it. I'm definitely not gonna update the game if they start nerfing shit.
Why? If you can just adjust it higher?

Because the same applies to the retards that play on higher difficulties and bitch about it. There's no need to change the fucking encounters themselves(ie. number of wolves in the first encounter), just tell these retards to lower the difficulty or fuck off.

set

Cipher
I have so far yet to get back to my PoE2 playthrough which is sitting at about 25% complete. Pretty Zzz game. Does this mean I should get this, or skip it?

I have so far yet to get back to my PoE2 playthrough which is sitting at about 25% complete. Pretty Zzz game. Does this mean I should get this, or skip it?
My first impression with this was far worse than PoE II.
Then again I played more than 20 hours of the latter and less than two of the former, so there's plenty of time to change opinion about the comparison, eventually.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
Buying pathfinder means your hard drive will automatically cleanse itself from the taint that is pillows of boredom.

So yeah.

Buy it.

i.Razor

Scholar
Patron
Very interested in the game. But since i already ordered RX580 because of cyberpunk - so will wait for until it arrives.
For now i just played with character creator and went thru few premise scenes. Feels and looks good except of loading time when starting the game.

Any advise on what is the best class for main char to play this Kingmaker module?

Fred

Learned
Difficulty problems: a message from our Creative Director
We hear your comments on the game difficulty and difficulty spikes, and we will take specific steps in addressing those spikes. First of all, the encounter with the wolves is too hard right now even for normal difficulty, so we will be reducing the number of the wolves in the encounter, as it is a part of the tutorial and should not be as harsh. Speaking of random encounters - we will double check our random encounter generation rules once again to be sure that the encounters that are too powerful for your party didn't happen.
We hear a lot of comments about the spider cave Bokken is sending you to. Swarms are difficult, as swarms of tiny creatures are immune to weapon damage in Pathfinder and require special handling with fire, alchemical fire or AoE spells. From hotfix 1.0.2 Bokken will be warning you of those dangers and provide the party with means to handle them at least partially (several alchemical fire flasks). There will also be separate tutorial messages about difficult to notice mechanics on enemies (like damage immunity or damage reduction, regeneration and similar). For story mode and easy difficulties, those qualities of creatures will be turned off (story mode) or reduced (easy).
The first chapter of the game allows you to choose between different objectives, you can start pursuing your rival, or you can start dealing with the bandits. Because of that, you can reach certain boss enemies having different levels and overall power. We will be reviewing encounters in the Temple of the Elk and the Ancient Tomb to be sure their difficulty is suitable for a 2nd level party.
And one last note about the difficulty - there are plenty of difficulty options to choose from, and we really hope that each player can find the difficulty of the game that will be interesting to them. Unfair and Hard difficulties were meant as really difficult challenges, where creatures are much more powerful than player's party (and we will be adding an additional warning for the new players, who want to start the game on those difficulty settings). I know that there are some players who consider modes like this the only viable modes of play, and while respecting that I want to say that we were designing them to be very difficult and require a lot of patience, careful party building and getting accustomed to party abilities and adapting your strategies to that. A lot of encounters there are killing my party when I am playing the game and require at least several tries to change the tactical approach to the encounter. Please keep that in mind.

--Alexander Mishulin,
Pathfinder: Kingmaker Creative Director
https://steamcommunity.com/app/640820/discussions/0/1734340257883177224/

i.Razor

Scholar
Patron

rating_agenda.png

..looking at the avatar pic.. ))

Gecos

Learned
Look inside, stop bragging and admit that Unfair mode is requiring near perfect min-maxing strategy, a knowledge of which areas and enemies to tackle and in which order and lots and lots of luck/save scumming. The chance to hit can't be higher than 3-5% and anything beyond the trashiest of mobs will either be impossible to hit with any roll or worse, even if you can hit them once every 15-20 tries, they can one or two shot you.
This is not complaining about difficulty, it's just stating the fact that it is punishing as hell no matter how good you are.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
it's like the mode is called unfair or something

Yep, the clue is literally in the name.

Personally I don't get why people don't just play with core rules for a first playthrough and then try it harder later on. It makes you appreciate the difficulty increase more.

Van-d-all

Erudite
Standin' pretty. In this dust that was a city.
tell these retards to lower the difficulty or fuck off.
Amen to that.

Oh boy, all the fucking whining on steam is making me furious. People crank up the difficulty to shit knows where, then cry their shortcomings aren't getting pampered like their circlejerk DMs used to in "muh 8yr of tabletop expuriance". I don't know shit about Pathfinder ruleset, but being even somewhat versed in AD&D I've had absolutely zero problems in the game so far (~7h). As I said before I play on custom, where everything is set to no bonuses for me nor the enemies, and the game is just enjoyably demanding. I've come across a single enemy I couldn't beat (some flying skull that isn't undead?) but he was totally optional so I let him be for now. The wolf encounter was so piss easy the tutorial party moped the floor with them without even getting hurt. One encounter I'd consider badly designed so far, are the sleeping bandits that take their turns instantly along mine despite being asleep a second ago, but damn, I took one reload to beat them, once I knew it's like that. And my character is far from optimal dual classed knife master / sorcerer for fuck's sake. I do however play with AI disabled.

Ulfhednar

Savant

Personally I don't get why people don't just play with core rules for a first playthrough and then try it harder later on. It makes you appreciate the difficulty increase more.
Out of their 7+ difficulty options, there isn't one called 'core rules'. Normal is x0.8 damage and the next step up increases creature stats.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Out of their 7+ difficulty options, there isn't one called 'core rules'. Normal is x0.8 damage and the next step up increases creature stats.

just click normal then move up the enemy damage slider to 1.0x. problem solved.

Tigranes

Arcane
I'm happy to turn the difficulty down, but what happened to reports that random encs are weird and you run into elder elementals at level 2 or someshit?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I'm happy to turn the difficulty down, but what happened to reports that random encs are weird and you run into elder elementals at level 2 or someshit?
Today's patch: Random encounters with creatures too difficult to the current average party level could be rolled. Resolution: fixed

Ulfhednar

Savant
just click normal then move up the enemy damage slider to 1.0x. problem solved.
THe most annoying whine from players is the "no core-rules" by the PnP nerds. Dear lord, the whines!

To clarify, I'm not complaining and I have set my own custom difficulty options. I was just trying to explain why people might be selecting difficulties higher or lower than expected.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
Today's patch: Random encounters with creatures too difficult to the current average party level could be rolled. Resolution: fixed
Your messiah has been outstaged by a couple of grognardy russians Roguey. Time to reevaluate your life :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom