Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout: Nevada Mod - final English version released

Citizen

Bocian

The biker you are supposed to find messages you through pipboy when you scavenge in hothorn military base.

Bocian

Arcane
Bocian

The biker you are supposed to find messages you through pipboy when you scavenge in hothorn military base.
the password to the locked vault is the gibberish scrap of note you get very very early in the game. I hope you didnt throw it away. I put mine im reno locker so i wad safe.

I suppose I'm fucked, I can't recall either of it. I'll backtrack and try to figure it out.

Saduj

Arcane
In case it helps someone else this is what was wrong with my game:

I had done all the radio tracking quests, Hawthorne, Area 51 etc. There were seven items in the "Tottal Recall" quest on my PIP and all were crossed out as completed. The last clue I was missing is given by the computer located in the locked area on Battle Mountain. You're supposed to be able to access it by trying to open the gate and then talking to the biker in power armor (you also need to turn on the power in the building at the bottom left of that screen). For whatever reason, the biker was not offering to let me in as he should. I didn't even have the option to ask him about it. So, I had to steal his keychain, which has a remote that opens the way into the gated building. Really it isn't that specific of a clue anyway and I have a feeling that if I just fixed the train in Salt Lake, the game would have continued.

I'm doing the end game areas now. They are a big jump in combat difficulty. Bring plenty of stimpacks.

Last edited:

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
I'm kinda stuck and I don't want to read too many spoilers. Care to enlighten me a bit?

- I have met the bikers at Battle Mountain but I can't ask about Jay, even though that'd be the ideal location to ask. I have cleared their name in New Reno but I still can't ask them.
- Is there any way to work for Thompson or Stryker again if you acted like a political prostitue and ran errands for both? It looks like I'm in a dead end there, and I have no idea how to complete the job Wright gave me in Uranium City given the worms are too hard to kill for my character and nobody wants to talk to me about the mine specifically. Managed to kill them and found out you must go to a specific dialogue tree with Marilyn to start the mine thing proper. Good thing I had already looted Hawthorne and brought the C4 at the entrance to New Reno!
- Is there a way to enter in the suite in the bunker under Lovelock's radio tower, the one with a password?
- So I'm a big thief and managed to obtain three reports in Las Vegas about the drug trade, including the one in the drug lab. I apparently need another one from Vortis the slaver but I don't see any obvious solution to get to it except going in guns blazing, and I'd like to avoid this if possible.

EDIT: I managed to advance the main plot through the bunker in New Reno. Man, that's some pretty obscure progression, not at all obvious. I guess you're supposed to find Bridgeport much earlier than Battle Mountain. Still, it doesn't make much sense that Phil the biker had no dialogue concerning Jay, considering they all belong to the same group.

Last edited:
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Yeah, the progression is weird and hard to keep track of. Also the plot is way too convoluted just for the sake of complexity. It's the main problem with the mod IMO (but not enough to stop me from enjoying it, mind you).

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
Well, I ran into something else now.

I obtained the coordinates of the Overseer's Pip-Boy which point to near Salt Lake City. I start the train to get there and I'm greeted with an ending video and then get booted to the main menu? Surely the mod doesn't end like this.

EDIT: Turns out the mod uses Fallout 2's 13-year time limit. Seeing as I didn't really know how to proceed for a long time I spent a whole lot traveling around. Removed it and all is well now, hopefully.

Last edited:

Black Angel

Arcane
Is there any way to heal the boy of the Cheyenne Tribe or the whole thing is to depict how much a biggot the doctor is ?
It's one of the most brilliant part that showcase what a Fallout game would've been when they utilize non-combat skills enough. If I'm not mistaken, even if you're not going to include 'modern meds' into the treatment, with high-enough Doctor skills and the tools he asked you to bring, it's still possible to save the kid.

naossano

Cipher
I am not allowed to touch the boy so far.
-he ask me to get the tribe boss authorization.
-then he ask me a series of medical question in which my actual character skills have no influence.
- then he ask me a series of question about another topic,
- then there is one or more skill check.
-then he ask a fucking rat to make the decision for him.

It looks like he doesn't want others to save the boy's life and that all the tests are excuses.

Last edited:

Black Angel

Arcane
Have you at least helped the tribe by repairing their water container and clear out their farm field to get their chief's approval? And you obviously would need high Doctor skill. The boy's condition is a complicated one that simply jacking him up with stimpacks wouldn't solve the problem. Hence why he wouldn't let you anywhere near the boy until you can at least give decently satisfying answers. That doesn't mean he's a bigot or that he doesn't want others to save the boy's life.

-then he ask a ducking rat to make the decision for him.
I'm not sure what this is, but if that's something that literally happened in your save, then I'd assume you practically failed his tests. In that's the case, don't beat yourself over it, it just means you happened to make a character that will not have access to this specific content, so just move on.

However, just FYI, if you think this seems convoluted/overly complicated, then brace yourself because the rest of the game is like this, as in it has completely different, more nuanced and more elaborate quests designs compared to even Fallout 1.5. Everything doesn't always look like what they seemed, and things you'd never really imagine being able to do in the original games, you can pretty much do it here.

naossano

Cipher
I cleared the farm field for free, (despite needing to money to cover the cost of Jasmine's cure) and got the village boss authorisation.

I don't mind complexity in quest. On the other hand I do mind Medical questions that aren't skills checks but about the player knowledge. It is not because my character is a doctor that i have to be a medical expert as a player.

Also, as mentioned before, it seems that the doctor really doesn't want help and is willing to let the boy die for that. He ask you to get boss authorization and send a rat to make the final decision to cover up the fact that it is him that doesn't want you to help, while at the same time defending himself from having this opinion.

That is the feeling i had with that whole encounter. If you are telling him there is a way to call him out for his bigotry, i might try it later.

Black Angel

Arcane
I don't mind complexity in quest. On the other hand I do mind Medical questions that aren't skills checks but about the player knowledge. It is not because my character is a doctor that i have to be a medical expert as a player.
On second thought, yeah this isn't really fair because it was rather sudden. But to be honest, the questions are rather simple, and I managed to pass it first try without looking it up. Although, they might actually put some scoring system there so that you can still 'pass' even if you get 1 question wrong, because I personally not sure if I answer it all right.

If you are telling him there is a way to call him out for his bigotry, i might try it later.
Actually, there is. It wasn't a straightforward, frontal calling out, but you can do it in a round-bout way and make him sees the error in his judgement. However, I'd assume your character must be really, really smart to do it. I had high Doctor, but just so you know I also had high Speech and max INT, (Doctor and Speech was tagged), so I don't know the exact stats/skills and the exact number you need. At the end of this conversation, you'll get bonus to your Doctor.

naossano

Cipher
I do have another question if you don't mind.

What are the issues with the translation of the Crazy edition ?

Some people in the codex mention it, but there doesn't seem to be an issue mentioned on the NMA thread.

I started a playthrough with the regular edition and i am hesitating to restart with the crazy edition...

Black Angel

Arcane
naossano actually, the issue was first brought in NMA thread. Basically, the CE had a lot of addition to it, so if you try to use the normal translation, obviously some stuff would be left untranslated. However, last time I checked, it seemed that Foxx, the guy who was in charge of retrofitting the translation into CE (from what I know) managed to catch up to the latest version of the normal translation, so I guess there's no problem if anyone wants to play CE instead of normal version.

Mind you, since CE is bigger than normal, there might still be stuff completely untranslated anyway. Also, take into consideration that, while translation is 100% done, the editing is not, so in the end: your call.

Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
The tribal asking the mouse to sense you is the final test, before you're allowed to cure him (I did it, I think with science as a main tag). The mouse checks for radiations if I'm not mistaken. Maybe karma, too. If you're radiated, you're not allowed to go near the boy.

naossano

Cipher
naossano actually, the issue was first brought in NMA thread. Basically, the CE had a lot of addition to it, so if you try to use the normal translation, obviously some stuff would be left untranslated. However, last time I checked, it seemed that Foxx, the guy who was in charge of retrofitting the translation into CE (from what I know) managed to catch up to the latest version of the normal translation, so I guess there's no problem if anyone wants to play CE instead of normal version.

Mind you, since CE is bigger than normal, there might still be stuff completely untranslated anyway. Also, take into consideration that, while translation is 100% done, the editing is not, so in the end: your call.

Does it remove any polishing from the non-CE content or the issues are only there for the CE specific content ?

Black Angel

Arcane
Does it remove any polishing from the non-CE content or the issues are only there for the CE specific content ?
That, I don't know, because I haven't tried CE myself. Either check out the CE thread in NMA, or ask Foxx. Maybe someone else can answer here, too.

naossano

Cipher
I think i will try both. Don't want to restart my current playthrough now and if the mod is good, it will provide more reasons to play again.

Everyone seem to think it is better than Resurrection and i kind of liked Resurrection. (despite being aware of some flaws)

That will make three mods to replay.

Black Angel

Arcane
The tribal asking the mouse to sense you is the final test, before you're allowed to cure him (I did it, I think with science as a main tag). The mouse checks for radiations if I'm not mistaken. Maybe karma, too. If you're radiated, you're not allowed to go near the boy.
Oooh I didn't know that. Or rather, I didn't notice it. Another reason to replay it, especially since I need to see how it fares with all the bad grammars and vocab in early-mid game getting fixed.

Did they update the translation recently? I'm inclined to go for this when I have the time, but I think its better to wait right now.
Not recently, no. It's been months since they last updated. Dionis most likely get caught up in real-life situation, and he was last seen Sep 11 in NMA.

Having said that, I'm just going to repeat what has been said. The translation, while not perfect and completely polished, is still pretty decent and made the TC mod near-perfectly playable, so holding on waiting for completely perfect translation is doing yourself a disservice. Just go ahead and play with the most recent translation right now, finish it once, then come back later when/if the translation is truly final. Especially since most of the bugs and glitches, especially the most prominent ones that trigger CTD, has been fixed (or at least, a solution is readily available).

Modron

Arcane
Guise how you open the door in the opal mines where the damagwd robot is?i tried to dynamite it but no luck,tougher explosives prob?
Been a while is that the area right of the starting vault if so, blow open the door to the north, find ghoul under house, kill or do quest to get a set of keys from him IIRC

razvedchiki

Erudite
Whats the science skill check for the hawthorn military base lazer turrets?i currently have 60.

Also to use the wooden planks in the indian camp to repair the bridge i need sufficient strenght?

Black Angel

Arcane
Whats the science skill check for the hawthorn military base lazer turrets?i currently have 60.
I remembered that the laser turrets are disabled by using Repair on an electric panel, but only on the map where the turrets first appeared. As for the turrets that are guarding the entrance to the base itself, however, you can't disable them as far as I know. But, you can still enter the base from a completely different entrance, and you can spot it fairly easily.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom