Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Ruchy

Scholar
So stupid question, how do I find out an enemies DR and other info?

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
So most recent ratings on steam do not complain about the difficulty, but bugs galore and an 'unfinished' feel.
Any 'dexers playing the game have an opinion on that?
I would like to know as well, are game breaking bugs ubiquitous or are a small amount of people getting very unlucky?

Ruchy

Scholar
So most recent ratings on steam do not complain about the difficulty, but bugs galore and an 'unfinished' feel.
Any 'dexers playing the game have an opinion on that?
I would like to know as well, are game breaking bugs ubiquitous or are a small amount of people getting very unlucky?

I have roughly 6 hours in the game and have no serious game breaking bugs, the game has rough edges to be sure but i'm finding it to be worth the minor pain.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
The random-ass bugs are really getting to me.

For whatever reason, now, my cleric cannot cast spells while in armor, even though I got him Light Armor Proficiency (I'm an Ecclesitheurge, who doesn't start with any armor profs.). It's not as if I've got an Arcane Spell Failure - the spells are greyed out.

And ever since I took a level of Bard, all my Cantrips are now cast as with a Caster Level of 1, even though I'm Cleric 3.

Brozef

Savant
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Damn it I had to buy it with all the praise/complaints about the difficulty. Played it until after the Oleg Defense. Four times. Three since I can't decide whether to roll a Sorcerer, Kensai or Two-Hander. A fourth time since one save got lost after the patch (I think, maybe I forgot the manual save).
Was playing on Challenging and tbh until now everything seemed perfectly fine. I'd even say it is still easier than BG on default. The three Wolves really weren't that bad in any party configuration. Nothing like the single wolf that raped all my first lvl chars in BG.
Same goes for the final fight in the tutorial. Sure it is a bit annoying to have half your party run around like headless chicken, but the fight is a pretty low threat environment. Most of the enemies don't target your group if you don't run headfirst into them. Even if you charge them (cause you are a Two-Hander badass), it triggers the barbarian chick to keep your back, so that you don't get raped by the archers. And the mages are all just challenging and waiting for you to backstab them. Seems like the perfect way to teach players about Fear (and mind effect in general).
The most difficult fight imo was the library with the two archers in the back. Totally raped my Kensai, pretty tough for the Sorcerer, cakewalk for the Two-Hander. But I still think it is fine since it teaches you "Hey, how about not standing infront of a long hallway with archers in them :retarded:". Also without the fight I still wouldn't have bothered looking at the cantrips. (Ab)using daze basically makes the whole prologue trivial.

Oh and I think the patch changed the Oleg Defense, since the whether was perfectly fine so that we could use all the traps.

I am a bit torn on the setting. I never touched Pathfinder before, since it is not real DnD :obviously:. But I don't really get all the classes/subclasses. Many seem pretty meh and only there to make the setting more "diverse" or "special". All the hybridization seems to make multi-classing a lot let special, to the point that I am tempted to just stick to a pure class, so that my MC is the only one without an identity crisis. But maybe I just need to put more time into it.
I tried to give the setting a go with the Sorcerer/Asimar. But beside a ton of, somewhat contrasting, fluff (So my Mom was raped by a God and a Dragon?!?) I don't find the mechanics all that interesting or different from your bog standard DnD Sorcerer. But thanks to my Lizard familiar my Sorcerer has a better AC than the Kensai...
I might reroll a couple more times, but I am tempted just to roll with a Wizard or the Two-Hander since it seems those are the obvious gaps when looking at the companions so far.

Anyone a fan of the Pathfinder Setting? Any classes that are particularly interesting? The only thing I was thinking about was the grenadier, but that did remind me a bit too much of D:OS and I don't want to sully the :incline:

bataille

Arcane

For whatever reason, now, my cleric cannot cast spells while in armor, even though I got him Light Armor Proficiency (I'm an Ecclesitheurge, who doesn't start with any armor profs.). It's not as if I've got an Arcane Spell Failure - the spells are greyed out.

And ever since I took a level of Bard, all my Cantrips are now cast as with a Caster Level of 1, even though I'm Cleric 3.

I'm pretty sure that ecclesitheurges make a vow of never wearing armour or something. It's a part of their conduct...

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I love how Octavia's AI makes her use Acid Splash instead of any rogue weapons, making her level in that even more useless than it normally would be. You've got DEX for no reason, you bitch, fucking shoot them
True,except that acid splash depends on dex to hit :lol:. I do use her as a full wizard,she is one of my perma party.

Codex Year of the Donut
there's a whole extra part of the troll dungeon I missed my first time through.

well, shit.

I'm pretty sure that ecclesitheurges make a vow of never wearing armour or something. It's a part of their conduct...
yep
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/co...types/paizo-cleric-archetypes/ecclesitheurge/
At 1st level, an ecclesitheurge makes a vow to his deity to be protected solely by his faith, not by armor or shields. An ecclesitheurge who wears armor or uses a shield is unable to use his blessing of the faithful ability, use cleric domain powers, or cast cleric spells.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Damn it I had to buy it with all the praise/complaints about the difficulty. Played it until after the Oleg Defense. Four times. Three since I can't decide whether to roll a Sorcerer, Kensai or Two-Hander. A fourth time since one save got lost after the patch (I think, maybe I forgot the manual save).
Was playing on Challenging and tbh until now everything seemed perfectly fine. I'd even say it is still easier than BG on default. The three Wolves really weren't that bad in any party configuration. Nothing like the single wolf that raped all my first lvl chars in BG.
Same goes for the final fight in the tutorial. Sure it is a bit annoying to have half your party run around like headless chicken, but the fight is a pretty low threat environment. Most of the enemies don't target your group if you don't run headfirst into them. Even if you charge them (cause you are a Two-Hander badass), it triggers the barbarian chick to keep your back, so that you don't get raped by the archers. And the mages are all just challenging and waiting for you to backstab them. Seems like the perfect way to teach players about Fear (and mind effect in general).
The most difficult fight imo was the library with the two archers in the back. Totally raped my Kensai, pretty tough for the Sorcerer, cakewalk for the Two-Hander. But I still think it is fine since it teaches you "Hey, how about not standing infront of a long hallway with archers in them :retarded:". Also without the fight I still wouldn't have bothered looking at the cantrips. (Ab)using daze basically makes the whole prologue trivial.

Oh and I think the patch changed the Oleg Defense, since the whether was perfectly fine so that we could use all the traps.

I am a bit torn on the setting. I never touched Pathfinder before, since it is not real DnD :obviously:. But I don't really get all the classes/subclasses. Many seem pretty meh and only there to make the setting more "diverse" or "special". All the hybridization seems to make multi-classing a lot let special, to the point that I am tempted to just stick to a pure class, so that my MC is the only one without an identity crisis. But maybe I just need to put more time into it.
I tried to give the setting a go with the Sorcerer/Asimar. But beside a ton of, somewhat contrasting, fluff (So my Mom was raped by a God and a Dragon?!?) I don't find the mechanics all that interesting or different from your bog standard DnD Sorcerer. But thanks to my Lizard familiar my Sorcerer has a better AC than the Kensai...
I might reroll a couple more times, but I am tempted just to roll with a Wizard or the Two-Hander since it seems those are the obvious gaps when looking at the companions so far.

Anyone a fan of the Pathfinder Setting? Any classes that are particularly interesting? The only thing I was thinking about was the grenadier, but that did remind me a bit too much of D:OS and I don't want to sully the :incline:
Weather effect happen randomly, that Oleg fight does not have set weather.

As for Aasimar Sorcerer, it is not your immediate family that gives you the power, it can be many generations before.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Also I noticed they even implemented penalty when attacking into darkness... I was trying to shoot wolves with stealthed Linzi and all attacks had 20% miss chance. Fucking awesome. First time doing something in light or darkness or rain changes mechanics of the game.
True :incline::incline:

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
yep
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/co...types/paizo-cleric-archetypes/ecclesitheurge/
At 1st level, an ecclesitheurge makes a vow to his deity to be protected solely by his faith, not by armor or shields. An ecclesitheurge who wears armor or uses a shield is unable to use his blessing of the faithful ability, use cleric domain powers, or cast cleric spells.

It would probably have been good if the game would've fucking mentioned that anywhere whatsoever.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
So played for a while. Amiri's character is the poorest written "I am a woman, hear me roar" thing. Clearly, the writer understands that she is exceptional but it is pointed out by her in the most childish way possible. I am not sure whether to blame the D&D "barbarian be stupid" trope or the author's lack of skill.

She's the iconic character for the barbarian class from Paizo, by the way. Might be that the devs didn't have too much creative control over her. Canonically bisexual, too. Of course.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Gonna play this in a month when all the bugs are patched out [...]
There is absolutely no way that all these bugs are going to be patched out in a month. In a month, it might be in what should've been a shippable state, but we're looking at ~6 months of continued development or more before we can expect most serious bugs to be gone, I'd say.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
So played for a while. Amiri's character is the poorest written "I am a woman, hear me roar" thing. Clearly, the writer understands that she is exceptional but it is pointed out by her in the most childish way possible. I am not sure whether to blame the D&D "barbarian be stupid" trope or the author's lack of skill.

She's the iconic character for the barbarian class from Paizo, by the way. Might be that the devs didn't have too much creative control over her. Canonically bisexual, too. Of course.
Yeah, all the Paizo characters are terribly written, from Pathfinder to Starfinder, and at least in the case of Amiri, they probably didn't have much leeway for interpretation. This begs another question, however; whether they were forced by Paizo to have her in the game (or "one of the iconics" or something), or if they were just retarded enough to think that would be a good idea.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
https://steamcommunity.com/app/640820/discussions/0/3393916911747925939/
Just read this steam post and it sounds bizarre. Can anyone confirm this?

Hoooooly shit I just tested this. (Bandits at Thorn Ford)
Shared XP on:
XeGi7Hc.png

Shared XP off:
THcrOTv.png

:what:

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So, does the kingdom management sim part really have any effect on anything outside of its own stats? It's like some sort of weird uroborus that exists only to feed its own existence. I recently upgraded my capital into a city and there was no reference to it anywhere and nothing changed at all. In fact, I had built a hospital in the capital and some time later a character was whining about how there aren't any hospitals in the capital.

I've been thinking about switching it over to auto since it all seems to be pointless and you only seem to deal with the same handful of generic events, making it all just tedious now some 30 hours into the game. Yet I'm worried that it might maybe have some impact on the story or quests at some point, and I also don't know how it'd handle the 'someone wants an audience, go talk to them' events, which are about the only interesting part of it.

Yeah this, what's up with this n all?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom