Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Cael

Arcane
Yeah, all the Paizo characters are terribly written, from Pathfinder to Starfinder...
A consequence of SJW preaching. There are good reasons why priests rarely make good novelists.

Andnjord

Arcane
Well, turns out that rushing the Sycamore tree was not such a good idea, I backtracked to do the other errands and now have three more companions, including the cleric I was missing... :oops:

Onward!

Cael

Arcane
Well, turns out that rushing the Sycamore tree was not such a good idea, I backtracked to do the other errands and now have three more companions, including the cleric I was missing... :oops:

Onward!
A DnD party without a healer of some sort is asking for a lot of trouble :P

ArchAngel

Arcane
https://steamcommunity.com/app/640820/discussions/0/3393916911747925939/
Just read this steam post and it sounds bizarre. Can anyone confirm this?

Hoooooly shit I just tested this. (Bandits at Thorn Ford)
Shared XP on:
XeGi7Hc.png

Shared XP off:
THcrOTv.png

:what:
I am not really surprised. Anyone that knows Slavs, knows they are a lazy bunch that will do only what is necessary and not what is needed to accomplish the task. This stinks of such way of thinking... this is not a bug, but a design flaw born out of being a lazy fuck.

Andnjord

Arcane

Onward!
Well, Linzi has Cure Light Wounds...
I was thinking that by following Tartuccio I would get back that Emo Cleric...

Codex Year of the Donut

Onward!
Well, Linzi has Cure Light Wounds...
I was thinking that by following Tartuccio I would get back that Emo Cleric...
you can, you get two chances

Codex Year of the Donut
I met a merchant in a random encounter and convinced him to go to my city, but I can't find him. Anyone else have this problem?

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I love how Octavia's AI makes her use Acid Splash instead of any rogue weapons, making her level in that even more useless than it normally would be. You've got DEX for no reason, you bitch, fucking shoot them

Is there a way to get her to ignore casting that? Really don't want to micro the backline when it comes to standard attacks with xbow.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
there's a whole extra part of the troll dungeon I missed my first time through.

well, shit.
The random-ass bugs are really getting to me.

For whatever reason, now, my cleric cannot cast spells while in armor, even though I got him Light Armor Proficiency (I'm an Ecclesitheurge, who doesn't start with any armor profs.). It's not as if I've got an Arcane Spell Failure - the spells are greyed out.

And ever since I took a level of Bard, all my Cantrips are now cast as with a Caster Level of 1, even though I'm Cleric 3.

I'm pretty sure that ecclesitheurges make a vow of never wearing armour or something. It's a part of their conduct...
yep
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/co...types/paizo-cleric-archetypes/ecclesitheurge/
At 1st level, an ecclesitheurge makes a vow to his deity to be protected solely by his faith, not by armor or shields. An ecclesitheurge who wears armor or uses a shield is unable to use his blessing of the faithful ability, use cleric domain powers, or cast cleric spells.
The problem is that as far as I can see it's not clear in the in-game description of the class. It's hinted in the general description "eschewing physical armor for protection via the strength of his faith..." but apart from that nothing. That's a bit too vague for my tastes.

Last edited:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
This raises the question: Has anyone seen any robes in the game? I haven't so far. So it's either leaving the armor slot completely empty or going for light armor proficiency somehow?

DeepOcean

Arcane
It's good people are talking about mechanics instead of how shit the game is or trying to play advocate for it. I kinda want to try it now (in a few months).
That thing we've been saying, all those recent kickstarter completely missed the point, people been using this retarded argument against codexers, saying that we hate everything out of blind nostalgia. We wanted a game with a good ruleset, good itemization and decent fights to properly make good use of this good ruleset and interesting items so when those modern rpgs failed at those simple three things, we were called nostalgia faggots.

D:OS 1 had an awful ruleset and terrible itemization, seen JRPGs with a better ruleset, D:OS 2 had a even worse ruleset with that shit show of physical armor and magic armor retardation and still awful itemization, PoE 1 was a bad joke, PoE 2 was the closest to a good game those modern RPGs got but I still find Sawyer's system really half assed even after all this time then comes a RPG with a good ruleset, good itemization and good encounters and lo and behold, we codexers weren't such edge lords after all.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
The problem is that as far as I can see it's not clear in the in-game description of the class. It's hinted in the general description "eschewing physical armor for protection the strength of his faith..." but apart from that nothing. That's a bit too vague for my tastes.
That's pretty common fare as far as descriptions go, and either way, it's not rules-text, it doesn't actually tell you jack shit, it's just fluff.

I ended up just cheating to give myself an extra class (but not character) level, since I apparently wasted a full fucking level for no fucking reason.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This raises the question: Has anyone seen any robes in the game? I haven't so far. So it's either leaving the armor slot completely empty or going for light armor proficiency somehow?

Not seen any so went for light on my wizard.

PrettyDeadman

Review <template> for Pathfinder Kingmaker.
Author is unknown, but somewhere on the codex.
Highly accurate.

The "Incline" is not only a buzzword employed at the Codex: the inclining slope of a mountainside is a metaphor used in philosophy since times immemorial.

“In a sense everything that is exists to climb. All evolution is a climbing towards a higher form. Climbing for life as it reaches towards the consciousness, towards the spirit. We have always honored the high places because we sense them to be the homes of gods. In the mountains there is the promise of… something unexplainable. A higher place of awareness, a spirit that soars. So we climb… and in climbing there is more than a metaphor; there is a means of discovery.”

Escalating the incline is the archetypal example of struggle, and struggle is at the core of life itself moreso than anything else. An "Inclined" game like AoD or Pathfinder: Kingmaker offers resistance to the player, while rewarding those who overcome the resistance with the joys of exploration and the true feeling of achievement. Learning to appreciate true struggle is the sociological goal of a game, just like emotional catharsis is the goal of a narrative in drama.

Both games and drama have been largely hijacked by exploitative interests peddling self-destructive thoughts, and now mostly replace the concepts of struggle and catharsis for cheap power fantasies (simulating the exertion of power without the requisite struggle) and emotional pandering (which gives feelings of reassurance to the morally corrupt instead of catharsis).

In resisting these trends, a game of "MASSIVE INCLINE" like Pathfinder: Kingmaker ultimately symbolizes resistance to the decline of modern Western society, which is even more accentuated by Pathfinder: Kingmaker graphically offering a retrospective window to the past era of the 90s. It's no coincidence that the postmodernists flock to the reviews and discussion forums like hyenas. They feel that Pathfinder: Kingmaker is antithetical to their worldview, and they recoil from it like a vampire facing sunlight. Their ultimate goal can be interpolated to be the annihilation of all constructive, struggling forces, all duty and all responsibility, replacing this with their hedonist pink fluffy wishful thinking which ultimately is only a disguise for death itself, which is what life is when you remove the struggle.

Accordingly, choosing the incline is not only a 38.76€ payment to Alexander Mishulin, it is in fact to choose life over death. Cultivating an indomitable will to ascend the Incline to the heavens is ultimately the best investment you can make, even though the screeching, indulgent crowd who follow the path of least resistance descending the Decline into that other place will try to drag you down and tell you otherwise.

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
True,except that acid splash depends on dex to hit :lol:. I do use her as a full wizard,she is one of my perma party.

Is there a way to get her to ignore casting that? Really don't want to micro the backline when it comes to standard attacks with xbow.

Actually, she sneak attacks with that and the whole damage still counts as acid, which is not bad(especially with the Accomplished Sneak Attacker feat, which adds more sneak attack dice). And it's unlimited, perfect for the boatloads of trolls you face.

Cael

Arcane
It's good people are talking about mechanics instead of how shit the game is or trying to play advocate for it. I kinda want to try it now (in a few months).
That thing we've been saying, all those recent kickstarter completely missed the point, people been using this retarded argument against codexers, saying that we hate everything out of blind nostalgia. We wanted a game with a good ruleset, good itemization and decent fights to properly make good use of this good ruleset and interesting items so when those modern rpgs failed at those simple three things, we were called nostalgia faggots.

D:OS 1 had an awful ruleset and terrible itemization, seen JRPGs with a better ruleset, D:OS 2 had a even worse ruleset with that shit show of physical armor and magic armor retardation and still awful itemization, PoE 1 was a bad joke, PoE 2 was the closest to a good game those modern RPGs got but I still find Sawyer's system really half assed even after all this time then comes a RPG with a good ruleset, good itemization and good encounters and lo and behold, we codexers weren't such edge lords after all.
By "good encounters" you probably also mean encouters where you can't fall asleep and let the toon autoattack its way to victory.

I "fondly" remember a NWN "premium" module (Winds of Eremor) where I left my dual wielding toon to stand in front of the endless vampire respawn point and went out to the mall for a spot of shopping *sound of a whip cracking* A few hours of agony later, I returned and there he was, still fighting, still killing and not one of the vampires had made it to the throne room.

bataille

Arcane

Shared XP on:
XeGi7Hc.png

Shared XP off:
THcrOTv.png

I think it's the later that's bugged--with the campaign being so long, 4th level being more than enough to defeat the stag lord and all that. Or maybe that's a built-in cheat for challenge parties with less than maximum companions...

If it's not a bug, it should have been properly explained.

Serus

Arcane
Patron

Shared XP on:
XeGi7Hc.png

Shared XP off:
THcrOTv.png

I am not really surprised. Anyone that knows Slavs, knows they are a lazy bunch that will do only what is necessary and not what is needed to accomplish the task. This stinks of such way of thinking... this is not a bug, but a design flaw born out of being a lazy fuck.
I'm not so sure, if the exp really is shared among characters that are NOT currently in your party - that sounds like a bug to me, not simply lazy design. Not saying that this game is free of lazy design choices - just that this might not be the case.

On the other hand 54/6 = 9 so perhaps the exp is being shown for the character doing the kill only but is awarded to everyone in the party. In that case either all characters get 9exp (shared exp on) or the killer gets 6x9=54exp (off). Making it a total 54 in both cases, which would be correct. I'm confused now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom