Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter INSOMNIA: The Ark - dieselpunk sci-fi action-RPG set on a decaying space station

well, let me know if you ever find another mask, and I'll do the same.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
I love these random encounters when you have two factions kicking the shit out of each other

vejGoc2.jpg

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Extremely cool mission. You get a MAS suit and are asked to patrol the area for terrorists. Bomb goes off in crowd, soldiers and terrorists start gunning each other down, and about a dozen civilians get mowed down in the crossfire.

58zFXYQ.jpg
SkNJmbz.jpg

Shog-goth

Elder Thing
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Found a bargain key and bought it again. I'm pretty sure this game is a diamond in the rough, now let's wait for patches.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
The battle raged on into the terrorist stronghold. The breaching team was wiped out by rocket-propelled grenades and heavy machinegun fire. Another 30 dead by the time the dust settled.

hDmv2e7.jpg
90s6k8m.jpg

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Extremely cool mission. You get a MAS suit and are asked to patrol the area for terrorists. Bomb goes off in crowd, soldiers and terrorists start gunning each other down, and about a dozen civilians get mowed down in the crossfire.

58zFXYQ.jpg
SkNJmbz.jpg
How's the MAS Suit work?

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
It turns you into a walking tank that only certain weapons can penetrate, but with drawbacks. You can only use the vulcan machinegun and no consumables, and you can't loot or talk to NPCs.

The one in the screenshots is restricted to the mission, but I believe the one at Vultures Rest can be taken anywhere once its repaired.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
The military operation in Zone B-27 is brilliant. Special forces rappelling down from the ceiling, soldiers raiding people's homes, executions of innocent people, and desperate civilians throwing molotov cocktails.

It's a nice contrast with the previous missions where the rebels were portrayed as generic terrorists. There are no good guys on either side.

Young_Hollow

Liturgist
What PCs are you guys playing this on and how's the performance? Min specs say 8GB RAM and GTX 760; any chance I can play with 4GB and an RX550 @768 or 720p?

oscar

Arcane
Two hours in and having a ball of a time. Funnily enough it's not so much Fallout 1 or Gothic I'm reminded of (though I can certainly see hints of those) but.. Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines.

Jinn

Arcane
What PCs are you guys playing this on and how's the performance? Min specs say 8GB RAM and GTX 760; any chance I can play with 4GB and an RX550 @768 or 720p?

I'm running it with a Ryzen 2700x, Geforce GTX 1060 6gb, 32gb DDR4, and an SSD and I still get a little slowdown in highly populated areas. You're unfortunately probably going to have a rough time playing this one.

I planned on firing this up just for a couple hours today before I returned to my Pathfinder: Kingmaker playthrough, but it sunk its teeth into me hard - an impressive feat pulling me away from Kingmaker, I assure you. This game is so cool for so many reasons. The setting, atmosphere, art direction, RPG mechanics, and exploration are all great. Haven't done much combat yet, but I like it fine. I actually like the gunplay controls quite a bit too. I'm playing as the thief-like class. This is a very special game. Sucked me in for 6 hours today.

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well shit, looks like I'm gonna have to hold until the next patch, dude's stuck in an endless loop of visiting the antique store.

iZerw

Arcane
Vatnik
From a Steam negative review:
-The game didn't seem to have any objective markers or in game signs indicating where things were, besides the occasional location marker on the map. But these markers never tell you how to get to new areas. (Not sure if intentional but it makes navigation extremely confusing and frusturating)
Is it true? Incline if so.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
-The game didn't seem to have any objective markers or in game signs indicating where things were, besides the occasional location marker on the map. But these markers never tell you how to get to new areas. (Not sure if intentional but it makes navigation extremely confusing and frusturating)
Yeah, the guy's retarded, I never had trouble moving about.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
I've gotten lost a few times, but it adds to the experience.

Last edited:

Puteo

Learned

It's true. Important locations like vendors and points of interest are marked on the map but there are 0 objective markers. NPCs typically give directions in the vein of "Go meet a guy at victory square, he will be standing to the right of the monument to the aviators".

Just like the good old days

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom