Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
So... first attempt, second level, no reloads, no crits were involved. Normal enemies, 1.0 damage and normal crits.

U9nYWCw.jpg

I was looking forward to this fucker. Have they nerfed it or, as usual, all the whining was for nothing?
Idk where this even is, but I reload all the time on trash mobs.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Interesting finds about the difficulty settings from someone who looked a bit into the code:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Pathfinder...z1/enemy_difficulty_vs_enemy_stat_adjustment/

Thanks bruh. Hmm, should I continue playing true normal or should I make it closer to the PnP? I'm having fun with the current difficulty so I'm not sure. Then again there were some fights that were extremely obnoxious and made me lose a lot of precious time, not to mention the bugs. I might just lower it and later replay the game, when it gets patched up, in an harder difficulty. What to do?

PnP core equivalent would be so easy though... I'm not sure how well the game is going to hold up if you trivialize the combat.

Yosharian

Arcane
Still no key, and every attempt to contact anyone from Owlcat has yielded zero response. The hilarity keeps on going.
Oh, you need a key? I got you bro, just give me a sec.

EDIT: https://igg link Here you go my man. Enjoy your key.
What trickery is this? :obviously:
Crackwatch had poll recently about dangerous javascripts and advertisements on that site. They wondered if they should ban it from list, or not. They concluded that incognito mode, and antivirus on background make that site still survivable, probably.
Oh fuck I looked at it on my phone. Using Opera. Does my phone have STDs now?

Gulnar

Scholar
So... first attempt, second level, no reloads, no crits were involved. Normal enemies, 1.0 damage and normal crits.

U9nYWCw.jpg

I was looking forward to this fucker. Have they nerfed it or, as usual, all the whining was for nothing?

From the combat log i would say yes, because Amiri did 21 damage on a non crit. Between rage, enlarge and inspire it seems ok - but before that the 'beat' had a flat 10 damage dr.

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015

U9nYWCw.jpg

they "nerfed" it by making it so if you go there first it is weaker than if you go there second, and also by reducing enemy stats because they were much higher than the ruleset indicated--in other words, by actually following what the module asks for. if you play on a harder difficulty you'll havea tough time for sure, though don't play on the highest difficulties because the enemy bonuses are poorly implemented and everything will get 12 extra AC and so on

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Idk where this even is, but I reload all the time on trash mobs.

Difficulty? In D&D and variants it's easy to get one shot critted at low levels. I've been GMing for more than 20 years, I almost never fudge dices but when I do, it's usually to avoid an unlucky crit at levels 1-3...

Up untill now though, I had to reload very little.

Last edited:

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
From the combat log i would say yes, because Amiri did 21 damage on a non crit. Between rage, enlarge and inspire it seems ok - but before that the 'beat' had a flat 10 damage dr.

Well, yes, I buffed her. Adventuring 101, buff the barbarian and bring a 10 feet pole.

21 isn't even impressive and that thing has DR/10 slashing meaning her attacks do full damage, I was under the impression it was like this even before. Ocatavia kept spamming telekinetic fist for sneak damage and everyone else cheered from the sidelines!

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
Quick question. So i'm resting for "6 days" and "4 days" in cuckmaker all the time for a full rest. And yet there's a fucking time limit - a month or smth.. So what am I supposed to do, not rest?

what do you mean a full rest, like, are you trying to get rid of attribute damage or something?
No, I just want everyone to be at full HP, so I click on full rest and it takes 6 fucking days. Crazy.

most of the healing from resting comes from healing spells, so sleeping in the wilderness for a long time is actually worse than sleeping two times for a short amount of time. baldur's gate just assumed you'd be using your spells every time they recharged, but in their infinite wisdom owlcat made it so they just cast any spells you have left when you go to bed; if you have non left, you're resting and healing solely from normal recovery.

if you don't have a cleric or someone with at least cure light wounds, well, get one I guess

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
Well, yes, I buffed her. Adventuring 101, buff the barbarian and bring a 10 feet pole.

21 isn't even impressive and that thing has DR/10 slashing meaning her attacks do full damage, I was under the impression it was like this even before. Ocatavia kept spamming telekinetic fist for sneak damage and everyone else cheered from the sidelines!

the patch notes mentioning reducing the bear's DR generally, AND also adding a lower set of stats for it if you got there first instead of following other storylines. so yeah, it is definitely easier than it was on launch.

Mech

Cipher
Quick question. So i'm resting for "6 days" and "4 days" in cuckmaker all the time for a full rest. And yet there's a fucking time limit - a month or smth.. So what am I supposed to do, not rest?

what do you mean a full rest, like, are you trying to get rid of attribute damage or something?
No, I just want everyone to be at full HP, so I click on full rest and it takes 6 fucking days. Crazy.
Use healing spells. Then you only need to rest 9 hours or so.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
PnP core equivalent would be so easy though... I'm not sure how well the game is going to hold up if you trivialize the combat.

They could just add normal mobs. Not give every joe bandit extra PC class levels, free feats, and stat buffs. Seriously, I don't know if the devs didn't understand this or they didn't care, but random jaggoff minions are not supposed to have PC levels.

Cael

Arcane

most of the healing from resting comes from healing spells, so sleeping in the wilderness for a long time is actually worse than sleeping two times for a short amount of time. baldur's gate just assumed you'd be using your spells every time they recharged, but in their infinite wisdom owlcat made it so they just cast any spells you have left when you go to bed; if you have non left, you're resting and healing solely from normal recovery.

if you don't have a cleric or someone with at least cure light wounds, well, get one I guess

This is something that even Gold Box games got right with their Fix command. WTF???

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps

This is something that even Gold Box games got right with their Fix command. WTF???

By default it does auto-cast heal spells on rest, but I've seen it bug out.

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
It was more difficult but also not what's actually supposed to be there according to the rules. Also they didn't bother to code in any possibility of adjusting DR per difficulty, only stats and weapon immunity (again, the infinite wisdom of the developer). The difficulty of that fight was because of its DR, so turning the difficulty down to story wouldn't make a party that couldn't beat it suddenly able to, since they would be able to hit it more... but still not hurt it. So it's partly making things easier for people and partly a complete lack of thought in how to make the difficulty system apply to enemies.

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron

It does, but if you sleep for a long time it won't restore and cast them every so often like BG would. This means the best way to rest is to sleep for 8 or however many hours, wake up, and if you aren't fully healed then sleep again. The option to sleep until fully healed won't include spellcasting so it may be a very long time, yeah

Cael

Arcane

No. What he is saying is that you only cast the spells you have at the time, even over multiple rests.

For example, your cleric has 3 Cure Light Wounds. You rest. He casts all 3. If you are still injured, the game automatically goes into another rest cycle and he casts all 3 again.
However, if he used 2 in battle and has only 1 left, he casts the one he has left on rest. In the next rest cycle, he will only cast 1. This means that you lose extra days to the rest cycles when you have 2 other perfectly working CLW that you could have used but didn't because they weren't available in the first rest.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
So I should rest for 8 hours, cast heal, then SET UP CAMP AGAIN and then watch the entire cutscene again and waste supplies, just so I can rest like in BG?

What the fuck ?

Cael

Arcane
So I should rest for 8 hours, cast heal, then SET UP CAMP AGAIN and then watch the entire cutscene again and waste supplies, just so I can rest like in BG?

What the fuck ?
Made in Russia.

In Mother Russia, camp rests you!

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron

What the fuck ?

Yes, though you shouldn't have to do the casting manually, at least: When you camp it'll automatically cast any healing spells you had left during the night to fix up the party (ingame this is portrayed by a weird circle animation around the party when you wake up). But if you just got out of a dungeon or whatever and don't have any spells left, or not enough to fully heal the party, you will not wake up fully healed! At that point you can either cast some of the spells you just got from resting and go about your business, or go back to sleep long enough to restore your spells again (so you'll wake up with your full spellbook) and thus repeat the process. It's very unlikely that you'll be so fucked up that you'll need to sleep more than twice, I think.

Sometimes it is better to sleep longer, though, like to restore attribute damage or things like that where it takes longer and you can't necessarily just cast the problem away with magic.

Also, I don't know if auto-casting on rest is a toggle or not; it's definitely on by default on some modes so if that's not happening maybe check the difficulty or camping options?

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
What about cooking? I don't see a skill like that, so I assign my char to do it and he fails 50% of the times. And it feels like there's no healing happening when that happens (I'm talking about healing due to resting, not casting).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom