Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Codex Year of the Donut
Put the game on a lower difficulty if you want to clear permanent stat damage on rest and stop whining.
That just removes all of the negative effects in one rest, some of it is healed by resting even with it off AFAIK. I have it off and resting heals my ability score damage.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Guys, terminology!

There are things that do stat damage. These are permanent until healed, whether it is by resting (1 per 24 hours of rest) or the spell restoration. I don't know if lesser restoration exists in this game, but if it does, that is your go to for healing stat damage (restoration is for negative levels due to cost).

There are also things that do stat penalties, and these go away after a while without you doing anything. Touch of Idiocy and Touch of Fatigue are two good examples.
Fun little bug. Each time your character is knocked out in combat with stat damage, they recover one point.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So wait, what was the result of the whole turn on XP sharing across 6 vs 12 thing. Was it just a graphical bug or was it a genuine thing where if you turn it on you level up the main party twice as fast?

Ruchy

Scholar
So wait, what was the result of the whole turn on XP sharing across 6 vs 12 thing. Was it just a graphical bug or was it a genuine thing where if you turn it on you level up the main party twice as fast?
Yes if it is switched on only the ACTIVE party will share the EXP gained.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron

unreal, could have been so many levels ahead by now. That's just absurd once you start getting more party members, sharing XP with the shitty bard RIP

Ruchy

Scholar

unreal, could have been so many levels ahead by now. That's just absurd once you start getting more party members, sharing XP with the shitty bard RIP

I think having it off will make you obscenely over levelled quite quickly. I imagine they see it as a solution for people who want to do challenging and greater runs.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

Here's the relevant quote that Jenkem posted earlier:

dev (Fasolka) on XP said:
Hello! The numbers that you see (22 exp etc) are the numbers for the one character, not the full party.
Exp is never divided for 12 members. In general, switching off the shared exp option is beneficial if you plan to run the game solo or with reduced number of party members (let's say 4 or 3). When this option is turned off, only active party members gain the exp and it's divided equally among them (except for exp that you gain for skill checks).
If you turn the option on, all exp you gain will be devided in 6 parts and all companions, no matter active or left at the capital, will get there share.

Gregorovitch said:
I think what Fasolka means is that with shared XP turned on all XP earned is divided by 6 and then parcelled out to each of your characters, whether in party or back home, however many there are, they still get 1/6th of it (so in fact if you had 12 chars the total XP doled out would be double the actual amount earned)

If this is right it means everyone always gets the same XP as they would if you just had six characters total and trhey were all in your party.

So it always benificial (in fact necessary) to keep shared XP on unless you are running solo or with only a few chars (i.e.. <6) and get rid of the rest. In this case switching it off is beneficial becasue if, say, you have four chars in your party they all get 1/4 of the XP earned instead of the standard 1/6th.

This way players who want to use all the story NPCs can do so without any of them falling behind in levels and those that want to play solo etc get the full benenfit of the faster level ups.

dev again said:
Thank you! Shame on me, you've explained everything much better than I did :)

Ruchy

Scholar
Anyone know why my druid PC has an innate ability to call lightning at will for 3d6? never played a druid in PnP so no idea if this is a thing.

Edit: I activated a scroll from my belt via the abilities menu for some reason.

Last edited:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
I also have Permanent Dexterity penalty to 2 chars already. How do I heal that? Not with rest? The tooltip on the debuff is empty.

You need to use either a restoration spell or restoration potion on that character.
Is this real? I don't believe it. There was nothing telling me I needed to rest to avoid a permanent injury. If this is true, then this is the stupidest design I've seen in an RPG.

Looks like you are not familiar at all with DnD and the like.
But yeah, rules are many and game can't have it all in game.
There is some manual in game folder, somwhere, and online manuals and such, I hope someone suppled it to you because I'm not playing yet.

hell bovine

Arcane
Based on the excellent "it's too difficult!" reviews here I've given in and got the game. Except it seems I fall into the "quite buggy" category, so I'll have to wait a few patches at least, by which time they will have likely patched away the difficulty. :lol:

Game does seem to have potential, though. Character creation reminded me a bit of Baldur's Gate (the restartitis syndrome, aka lets try one more build). The annoying part is that apparently you are supposed to pull the esotheric information about class specific feats, skills etc. out of your nether regions. Literally in the case of my ranger, because due to a bug icon descriptions would not display for me during character creation. They displayed just fine once in the tutorial; turned out I've made an archer, ah well.

Back to waiting for patches...

Herethos

Literate
PS. I know that it sounds like bullshit but you should have no need for savescumming and restscumming on Normal. Go explore something else. Come back on level up.

What? Where? I've done all the quests and I'm not even close to level 5. Plus you know there's a time limit right?
Here is some basic tactics.

Clear the camp without ringing the alarm,kill the fucking bear while in the cage,kill all the bandits and named idiots around the camp and lastly just park your people from the right side on the high ground. Also you can poison his wine.
The wine is in the fort where you find the priest. It is hidden beneath the tree house SW of the bandit camp.

You can calm the bear and get it to fight for you (nature check iirc).

Codex Year of the Donut
Stuck at the lizardfolk village. I talked to the boy, exhausted all options, he had the king run in and there's no new options. Went and talked to everyone on the map and nothing. What am I supposed to do?

Codex Year of the Donut
Earlier in the thread someone asked if robes exist.

lXHmnkd.png

Urthor

Prophet
Patron

Hello! The numbers that you see (22 exp etc) are the numbers for the one character, not the full party.
Exp is never divided for 12 members. In general, switching off the shared exp option is beneficial if you plan to run the game solo or with reduced number of party members (let's say 4 or 3). When this option is turned off, only active party members gain the exp and it's divided equally among them (except for exp that you gain for skill checks).
If you turn the option on, all exp you gain will be devided in 6 parts and all companions, no matter active or left at the capital, will get there share.

Gregorovitch said:
I think what Fasolka means is that with shared XP turned on all XP earned is divided by 6 and then parcelled out to each of your characters, whether in party or back home, however many there are, they still get 1/6th of it (so in fact if you had 12 chars the total XP doled out would be double the actual amount earned)

If this is right it means everyone always gets the same XP as they would if you just had six characters total and trhey were all in your party.

So it always benificial (in fact necessary) to keep shared XP on unless you are running solo or with only a few chars (i.e.. <6) and get rid of the rest. In this case switching it off is beneficial becasue if, say, you have four chars in your party they all get 1/4 of the XP earned instead of the standard 1/6th.

This way players who want to use all the story NPCs can do so without any of them falling behind in levels and those that want to play solo etc get the full benenfit of the faster level ups.

dev again said:

Oh thank god it's not retarded! Glad that was sorted

Also, is there a way to access Kingdom manager if you are on the road? I assume you don't have to trudge all the way back to town but I might be wrong

Last edited:

jf8350143

Liturgist
The second wave of curse just triggered and the bloody thing come out of it has a aura that makes everyone constantly blind. Is there any way to counter that?

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
My friend is playing as a Chaotic Evil character, and there are some pretty interesting changes to the kingdom
The king's bust in the center of the city is replaced by gallows

people getting tied up on wooden posts or just straight up crucified

Guards replaced by thugs collecting taxes from citizens

Codex Year of the Donut
I think one of the patches introduced a memory leak. Noticed it using far more memory and just got a crash due to an error in the garbage collector.

Shadenuat

Arcane
this is not even my final form. this is what you get when you eat healty diet of rice.
not_bear_final_form.jpg

missing mage armor and the druid super pet buff

also bear is invisibru. he's there, but you cannon see it. nothing personnel

the best thing happened to me

bear_on_bear_action.jpg

I have the alpha bear here, not u

Act 3 done, I hate trees and dryads and trees. want to play Evoker and burn it all to the ground.

Also thinking about switching to Unfair difficulty.

P.S Ekun is the Arrow of Wakanda. He throws logs made of vibranium.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

Gregorovitch said:

dev again said:

Oh thank god it's not retarded! Glad that was sorted

Also, is there a way to access Kingdom manager if you are on the road? I assume you don't have to trudge all the way back to town but I might be wrong

I am not back to kingdom building in my current playthrough, but I believe there's a castle icon on the world map that you can click to bring up the same UI you get when clicking on the table in your castle.

(You still need to go back every now and then for other stuff like some quest-givers.)

archaen

Cipher
Patron

:negative:

Why... Why we can't have nice things? It's a total pushover now.

Consider that in the original ap the treant-bear wasn't a treant but a (cursed) grizzly bear.
Basically, in this game a LOT of encounter go changed for nearly no reason.
It isn't for no reason. Most of the changes are trying to foreshadow the big bad in book 6. In table top, the bitch comes out of nowhere.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom