Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Mortmal

Arcane
it makes sense.Same when your capital get invaded , its a good idea to do side quests later too.It's as if the game wants you to make tactical choices and prepare your journey, ah those rpg games are really odd things...
I fear by the time I start playing, the devs will have modified Pathfinder: Kingmaker irreparably to cater to whiny bitches with timerphobia and difficulty mode insecurity.

:negative:
Yes that's why we cant have nice things, even here people dont even try to understand the system, if they fail it must be design fault or a bug. That desire of instant gratification completely ruined our hobby.

Mortmal

Arcane
Stuck at the lizardfolk village. I talked to the boy, exhausted all options, he had the king run in and there's no new options. Went and talked to everyone on the map and nothing. What am I supposed to do?
AH! You have to succeed the arcane lore check to get a hint, now what could you do in a D&D magic setting to uncover an invisible being and therefore get another dialog choice...

ArchAngel

Arcane
I'm loving this motherfucking game, can't believe it's taken this long to get the DnD character creation / RTwP experience right again.

Game is buggy, some mechanics are unclear/bugged and the writing is pulp fantasy at best. Still, it hearkens back to the good old days of RPG choices and consequences (the real kind, the kind where you choose how your character plays), progression feels great and having the ability to create your own party members is oh god its heavan.

And I like that little blurb for RPGCodex (and some other unknown sites) whenever you open the game. :love:
That Codex blurb is very nice but I miss having one of their devs here talking with us :(

One should present himself to get Fisted for this :incline:

what's the point of the altertness feat when it's just a gimp version of skill focus - perception?
Alertness in 3.5 gave +2 bonus to 2 skills while skill focus gave +3 to 1 skill. I guess Paizo changed one and forgot about the other.
Nope, it also gives +2 to 2 skills in Pathfinder. The problem is, the other skill is not in this game, so there really is no point to it here.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Anyone know what is going on with Monk flurry of blows?

It doesn't seem to be working? at least I can't see the extra attack in the logs, and can't see any toggle for it either.

Trash Player

Scholar
I cannot understand why the fuck the devs decided that most encounters need 'uptuning' (multiple swarms in the spider cavern, the 'cursed bear' in the elk temple turned into a fucking treant, the buffs to the Stag Lord and to his fucking owlbear) and at the same time decided it was a good idea to make the 'main' tank of the party a 13 str, 15 charisma fighter.
Or that the first party members are an UNDEAD inquisitor, a bard, and a sorceror. Ora that there should be no full-class wizard as a obtainable companion, at least not in act 1. Or to actually include the whole slashing grace/fencing grace talent tree and piranha bite, but not dervish dance.
Rogue gets free finesse and then grace for one qualifying weapon without non-dualwield clause or even a penalty like 2 weapon grace does in PnP as a class feature on Lv 3. You read that right, Owlcats go out their way to make rogue good.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
so is this game more focused on writing or do you spend most of the time in character creation/fights?
I've seen the writing dinged a few times here but I really like it. The game does a good job at reacting to your choices.

At this point I don't think anybody expects a new Lord of the Rings. Anything that isn't WORDSWORDSWORDSSEXWORDSGAYWORDSSEXWORDS is a blessing.

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
This game is cool but it's annoying seeing everyone call the bad reviews CASUAL GAMERZ when there's, like, genuine serious problems and major bugs, some of which can permanently derail your character development. Seems like a fair reason to write a harsh review to me, I dunno

ArchAngel

Arcane

It doesn't seem to be working? at least I can't see the extra attack in the logs, and can't see any toggle for it either.
Now that you mention it, Octavia has the ability in her list to bond with an item and recover one used spell slot once per rest but I have not seen anywhere how to do that.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
This game is cool but it's annoying seeing everyone call the bad reviews CASUAL GAMERZ when there's, like, genuine serious problems and major bugs, some of which can permanently derail your character development. Seems like a fair reason to write a harsh review to me, I dunno

There are plenty of problems with the implementation right now but the reviews people scoff at aren't the ones that point those out.

Jezal_k23

It's hit an miss. What works always works extremely well and what doesn't is always really fucking dumb.

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
so is this game more focused on writing or do you spend most of the time in character creation/fights?
I've seen the writing dinged a few times here but I really like it. The game does a good job at reacting to your choices.

That's cool. Do you know if you spend most time in dialogue/exploring or if you spend most time in combat?

DeepOcean

Arcane
This is fine, what I don't tolerate is: "I can't play this game at unfair!" 0/10

Played time: 30 seconds.

L'Montes

Educated
I've been enjoying the game so far. It's got bugs. Like, I find myself having to reset the graphics/game options everytime I boot up because it resets to default for some reason. Many of the abilities have no text or the wrong text on mouse-over. Some are buggy.

But eh... I mean, it's not crashing constantly (or at all, so far, for me), and the quests haven't been bugging out on me... so, it's mostly inconveniences as opposed to deal-breaking stuff so far.

I feel like the game gets a lot better after you rescue the EcleissiesesiiieieThurge and the two slaves, as far as party options go. The game intimated that the rescue of the former was timely, which makes me wonder if you can just be too late and he dies. It's unclear to me at this point if I'm missing any major party options.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Now that you mention it, Octavia has the ability in her list to bond with an item and recover one used spell slot once per rest but I have not seen anywhere how to do that.
Hmm.

I don't know for sure how to activate for her, but for the cleric you press the < on the spell icon, and the menu that pops up has divine bonded item icon and spontaneous healing conversion. I assume it's the same.

It's unclear to me at this point if I'm missing any major party options.
There's at least two companions who join you in chapter 2 (ranger and alchemist).

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014

That's cool. Do you know if you spend most time in dialogue/exploring or if you spend most time in combat?

You spend most time in combat/exploration.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom