Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pathfinder: Kingmaker Released

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Your messiah has been outstaged by a couple of grognardy russians Roguey. Time to reevaluate your life :smug:
I've been post-Sawyerist since 2017. I suppose this might be a better SoZ than Deadfire once they're both all patched up.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
I'm honestly intrigued, but the lack of turnbased combat fills me with dread. How is the RTWP combat honestly? I couldn't stand PoE's that much though I did beat it and continue to recreate characters for a bit.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I'm honestly intrigued, but the lack of turnbased combat fills me with dread. How is the RTWP combat honestly? I couldn't stand PoE's that much though I did beat it and continue to recreate characters for a bit.
Easier to manage then PoE. Everything works in simultaneous 6s rounds and spells effects don't obfuscate the battlefield as much.

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Avellone was involved, does it somehow show in the writing? Or is writing the usual generic fantasy RPG shit?

Farewell into the night

Avellone was involved, does it somehow show in the writing? Or is writing the usual generic fantasy RPG shit?
It's the best story I have seen in a while. Don't expect a masterpiece, but it surprasses the rest of the circus.

Gecos

Learned
Dialogue is many times better than what you'd find in POE 1 and 2 or InXile games. Genuinely funny when it should, just a few bland moments. At least several of the companions have interesting stories. It is better than expected.
Game's faults lie in other areas. A post from Reddit called "Design Comparison: Difficulty in Pathfinder:Kingmaker versus Baldur's Gate" raises excellent talking points and hits the nail on the head pretty much every time.

Shilandra

Learned
Damn, Does anyone else feel like Valerie was really let down by her artist? I haven't made it very far in the game yet but a good chunk of her personal dialogue was about how her being beautiful lead to where she is, you're given multiple times to compliment her current beauty and every other loading screen has her profile which is basically Lindzi talking about her amazing beauty, again as she currently is. What is going on with this? Amiri and even Lindzi are more beautiful than Valerie is. Its like the game is trying to gaslight me into believing the exact opposite of what my eyes are seeing. She's not particularly ugly by any means but fuck I really hope the game tones down how hard its trying to wank off her supposed beauty or I might just throw her to shelyn just to be done with her.

set

Cipher
So yeah, this game isn't "hard", it's just like BG1, where you literally have no hitpoints and you're completely reliant on the enemy missing you. During the 'tutorial' my protag got oneshot 80% of the time he ever got hit. With 10 con. Which isn't great con, but I don't think it should result in OHKOs? They really ought to have warned people during character creation just how much damage the average enemy does at level 1.

ArchAngel

Arcane
So yeah, this game isn't "hard", it's just like BG1, where you literally have no hitpoints and you're completely reliant on the enemy missing you. During the 'tutorial' my protag got oneshot 80% of the time he ever got hit. With 10 con. Which isn't great con, but I don't think it should result in OHKOs? They really ought to have warned people during character creation just how much damage the average enemy does at level 1.
Sounds like you made a nerdy fag (a wizard)

Septaryeth

Augur

From what I read, Avellone's work is limited to the module that is only available to Royal Edition or better. I'm not sure how much he is involved in the Kingmaker campaign.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Developer
From what I read, Avellone's work is limited to the module that is only available to Royal Edition or better. I'm not sure how much he is involved in the Kingmaker campaign.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

No, I wrote for the core game (and edited for the core game, although not every character - there was too many in the time provided).

I'm sure there's a link to a post here on the forums where I break down what I worked on, but in short, I only worked on part of the game - Owlcat, obviously, did most of the writing, and we had at least 2 other editors at any one time helping with the English translations as well (when I say "editing," it was less about removing words vs. naturalizing the English).

Paizo wanted changes on the module, so it's undergoing revisions (their revision requests were about 16 pages for a 32 page module, so it's taking a while to go through all their feedback).

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Paizo wanted changes on the module, so it's undergoing revisions (their revision requests were about 16 pages for a 32 page module, so it's taking a while to go through all their feedback).
ITT we learn the treant bear in the temple is not due to Russian incompetence, but Paizo meddling?

Or did you just mean in terms of story and characters?

Volrath

Arcane
Patron

Correct me if I'm wrong.

No, I wrote for the core game (and edited for the core game, although not every character - there was too many in the time provided).

I'm sure there's a link to a post here on the forums where I break down what I worked on, but in short, I only worked on part of the game - Owlcat, obviously, did most of the writing, and we had at least 2 other editors at any one time helping with the English translations as well (when I say "editing," it was less about removing words vs. naturalizing the English).

Have you heard from Owlcat so far? Are they surprised with the game's success?

ArchAngel

Arcane

Correct me if I'm wrong.
Wasn't that 7th chapter a KS stretch goal?! Shouldn't it than be available to all KS backers for free?

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
tell these retards to lower the difficulty or fuck off.
Amen to that.

I play on custom, where everything is set to no bonuses for me nor the enemies

Are you playing with monster difficulty on "Weak" or "Normal" ? Because from what I see , people that actually compared the monster stats to the core rules, the best match is with "Weak"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom