Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Flou

Arbiter
Indiana did lose its Lead Producer/Exec Producer (Rich Taylor) this month to Blizzard, however, he’s gone next week, I think. Rich's role wasn’t the same thing as Project Director, which is Tim Cain, though.

That's sad news. I thought he did great job with Dungeon Siege 3. The game might not have been what DS fans or people here were looking for, but the game was solid and bug free. I would have wanted to see another project lead by him.
Damn Blizzard poaching all the talent.

Latelistener

Arcane
Indiana did lose its Lead Producer/Exec Producer (Rich Taylor) this month to Blizzard, however, he’s gone next week, I think. Rich's role wasn’t the same thing as Project Director, which is Tim Cain, though.
I roughly remember you praising someone from leads on Indiana here on Codex. Is this the guy?

Developer
I roughly remember you praising someone from leads on Indiana here on Codex. Is this the guy?

There's quite a few, actually, and not just the leads. Indiana has some pretty great people on it (I don't have the full list and never asked, but...).

In terms of leads:

Rich Taylor's great, yes (I worked with him as far back as Knights 2, and I wish he'd been the Lead Programmer).

Other leads on Indiana (aside from Tim), has Charlie Staples as Lead Designer (I worked with him directly on the NV core game and DLCs, he was Level Lead on both), and he's great, Tyson Christensen as Lead Level Designer (he's great), and Matt Singh (who I believe is a Lead Producer, and he's pretty much one of the best examples of what a producer should be), among many others.

Again, I don't know the whole list of folks (I haven't asked), so I couldn't sing everyone's praises, but that's a pretty good set of folks right there and that's not even counting Tim, Leonard, and the other team members.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Staples may have been responsible (at least indirectly) for all that sponge in Old World Blues, so salt grains. :M

Latelistener

Arcane
There's quite a few, actually, and not just the leads. Indiana has some pretty great people on it (I don't have the full list and never asked, but...).

In terms of leads:

Rich Taylor's great, yes (I worked with him as far back as Knights 2, and I wish he'd been the Lead Programmer).

Other leads on Indiana (aside from Tim), has Charlie Staples as Lead Designer (I worked with him directly on the NV core game and DLCs, he was Level Lead on both), and he's great, Tyson Christensen as Lead Level Designer (he's great), and Matt Singh (who I believe is a Lead Producer, and he's pretty much one of the best examples of what a producer should be), among many others.

Again, I don't know the whole list of folks (I haven't asked), so I couldn't sing everyone's praises, but that's a pretty good set of folks right there and that's not even counting Tim, Leonard, and the other team members.
Thanks.

Do you have any idea who is the Lead Writer? People here managed to bake a cake just from the bread crumbs left by Anthony Davis, but we still know little of the writing team. I know there is an ex-Bioware Chris L'Etoile, but other than that it is a mystery.

Latelistener

Arcane
Lead Writer = Leonard
Kinda hoped Leonard was in the art team. Would love to see another attempt to 3D something like this (he said they failed in Bloodlines, but praised Dishonored for its stylization):

Q8ZV9F8.jpg

Last edited:

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom