Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
This is genuinely a good game, though damn I wish there was a button to either speed up movement OR leave areas. Walking from my bed out of the capitol was cool once or twice but it's kind of a waste of time, and also bizarre since you can fast travel TO the throne room
With cheatengine you could speed up,it is really nice to play on double speed. Thank god for Fedora Master for telling me about the speed hack ;).

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Do the webbing spell ever disappear? My wizard is having a hell of a time walking through a room filled with webbings.

bataille

Arcane
Do the webbing spell ever disappear? My wizard is having a hell of a time walking through a room filled with webbings.

It's one minute per caster level. I think someone has mentioned that the trap version of it under the sycamore tree lasts five minutes...

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Question: I grabbed Harrim in the ancient tomb, but I wanted Jaethal. However, at the start of the fight, she didn’t actually join my party, she just jumped into battle and quickly died because I couldn’t level her up. Has anyone else had this issue? I didn’t want to waste my rez scroll so I reloaded and picked the dwarf.

They changed this with the last patch... the character doesn't join your party until after the battle. I'm not sure why they made the change, but... yeah.

Because I can't stand Valerie, I am currently using Jaethal as my tank, to take advantage of some of the bonuses of her being undead (immune to poison, fear, etc.). I'm leveling her as a mix between fighter and inquisitor, and dumped the scythe to go sword and board. It's working better than I thought it would, but the lack of 'inflict <severity> wounds' potions will probably make it unviable in the long round as combats get harder.

Last edited:

Mortmal

Arcane
Anyone figured out how to get your companion ai to actually work? This shit is ridiculous.

You get the alchemist companion that uses a single type of bomb, the bard companion that only uses the acid spell, the cleric companion that uses bless or heal, and that's it... The rest of the companions either auto attack with equipped weapon or use a single ability on repeat.

Even PoE shipped with better scripts that this.
In mother russia AI companion is making you work..You have to micromanage most of it.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Alright, so, I just got Tristian and... uhm.. does he only have one Domain for anyone else? He only seems to have the Good domain.

Question: I grabbed Harrim in the ancient tomb, but I wanted Jaethal. However, at the start of the fight, she didn’t actually join my party, she just jumped into battle and quickly died because I couldn’t level her up. Has anyone else had this issue? I didn’t want to waste my rez scroll so I reloaded and picked the dwarf.

They changed this with the last patch... the character doesn't join your party until after the battle. I'm not sure why they made the change, but... yeah.

Because I can't stand Valerie, I am currently using Jaethal as my tank, to take advantage of some of the bonuses of her being undead (immune to poison, fear, etc.) I am leveling her as a mix between fighter and inquisitor, and dumped the scythe to go sword and board. It's working better than I thought it would, but the lack of 'inflict <severity> wounds' potions will probably make it unviable in the long round as combats get harder.
I hope you're using "sword and board" colloquially, not actually using an actual sword, when you could've gone for a fucking sickle.

Last edited:

santino27

Arcane
Patron
Alright, so, I just got Tristian and... uhm.. does he only have one Domain for anyone else? He only seems to have the Good domain.

Same in my game.

Because I can't stand Valerie, I am currently using Jaethal as my tank, to take advantage of some of the bonuses of her being undead (immune to poison, fear, etc.) I am leveling her as a mix between fighter and inquisitor, and dumped the scythe to go sword and board. It's working better than I thought it would, but the lack of 'inflict <severity> wounds' potions will probably make it unviable in the long round as combats get harder.
I hope you're using "sword and board" colloquially, not actually using an actual sword, when you could've gone for a fucking sickle.

I have yet to find a sickle that fucks on command, but I'd probably give that to the poly couple, since I'm sure they'd be into it. :smug: (Yes, I'm using sword and board colloquially.)

Cael rules question... am thinking of making my PC an inquisitor as a ranged combatant/healer. Was looking at the Sacred Huntsmaster to get a pet as well. Curious though... is it worth it to splash into fighter (or ranger for 2 levels to get weapon styles) for better BAB, or straight inq?

Last edited:

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Just met two ancient wyverns on the road and boy they swing faster than Mike Tyson did in his youth and let's not forget their venom that ticks every 2 second and eats your con like a black dude devouring his bucket of nuggets, happy days:happytrollboy:

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent

Same in my game.
Third patch in and the faggots haven't fixed such a glaring issue with one of the companions? Genuinely fucking triggered here.

I'm going to have to actually work out a way to fucking edit the save file and add that. I wanted to fucking play, dammit, not sit here and fix their fucking bugs.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Did you play the game?
She has fucking 38 AC at lvl4 with just 3 minor buffs

But, yeah, horribly unoptimized character which totally hampers your party even on normal.

She is obviously set up for Stalwart Defender on level 7. This is why CON - their Defensive Stance adds CON to amount of rounds they can perform it.

SerratedBiz

Arcane

Same in my game.
Third patch in and the faggots haven't fixed such a glaring issue with one of the companions? Genuinely fucking triggered here.

I'm going to have to actually work out a way to fucking edit the save file and add that. I wanted to fucking play, dammit, not sit here and fix their fucking bugs.

Does it have anything to do with his kit, Eclesitheurgwead? They're supposed to be able to pick their second domain once a day
Anyone know what is going on with Monk flurry of blows?.

I looked it up because I was wondering about that too. Apparently it works just like a passive and you can't toggle it on or off, and there's no feedback as to the fact it's working. However, if you focus on the Monk's attacks you can see they attack again before their countdown clock thing gets to 0.

bataille

Arcane

Same in my game.

Does it have anything to do with his kit, Eclesitheurgwead? They're supposed to be able to pick their second domain once a day
Anyone know what is going on with Monk flurry of blows?.

I looked it up because I was wondering about that too. Apparently it works just like a passive and you can't toggle it on or off, and there's no feedback as to the fact it's working. However, if you focus on the Monk's attacks you can see they attack again before their countdown clock thing gets to 0.

Nope, Tristian specializes in Healing and Good domains.

EDIT: Maybe?

Sheepherder

Augur
What's a good fighting style to complement Monster Tactician's summons? Ranged, s&b or pure caster?
If you have the choice, always go for caster. However, as an Inquisitor, you are only as good a caster as a Bard, with very restricted spell levels, and given you already require Wisdom to a reasonable level, adding more stat requirements to the toon is a bad idea. I'd say caster with a big side of ranged. Let the summons do the melee and tanking for you. Concentrate on Dex, Wis and Con in that order.
Thanks. About WIS, I'd only get spell lvl 6, so should I go over 16 WIS for more slots, bigger spell DC?

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Is there a Codex Consensus yet on what the right difficulty setting is? I am unfamiliar with Pathfinder ruleset but am willing and able to read the manual.
Play on normal, it won't be balanced regardless of difficulty setting, and as such, not fair even if you put in the effort or playing it on a harder difficulty.

Israfael

Arcane
Just installed NWN2 to check the default difficulty settings (i guess it's called story mode in the kingcomrade) and the stats on my latest toon that I created 3 years ago, it seems lv 3 mobs have higher AC and BAB than my cleric :lol:

Is there a Codex Consensus yet on what the right difficulty setting is? I am unfamiliar with Pathfinder ruleset but am willing and able to read the manual.

Go with Challenging for the first few levels, hard and above (at low lvl) is just playing slots, no skill, no counter play, just RNG. Once you get some basic party comp and buffs going you can either just switch to hard OR go for a custom setup. I prefer to leave Stat Adjustments at normal and rack up Enemy Difficulty and Damage to Party. That way you'll still die all the time, positioning, proper skills usage etc. will still matter, you just won't get fucked by RNG as much.

hexer

Just finished the second chapter.
The plot really picked up, damn!

:yeah:

Play on normal, it won't be balanced regardless of difficulty setting, and as such, not fair even if you put in the effort or playing it on a harder difficulty.

Maybe it's for the best to make your own custom difficulty setting

Xeon

Augur
Serus posted this link earlier: Link

From the link: said:
TLDR: Core Rules Set Enemy Difficulty to "weak" and Enemy Stat Adjustments to "normal" for mostly-accurate Pathfinder experience, in terms of encounter balance.

TLDR: Enemy Stat Adjustment only seems to influence Regeneration and Immunity bypass (no or reduced damage from non-magical weapons), and from what I can find in the code, only when choosing "somewhat easier" (half regen) or "much easier" (no regen) options. Any other option, such as "much tougher enemies" doesn't appear to actually be used anywhere I've found in the code. Comically enough, this even means choosing the "moderately easier" option is exactly the same as "much tougher" when it comes to this (which is all I can see it actually getting called for).

TLDR: Enemy Difficulty changes the modifier scores (but not the base values) of the main attributes, skills, AC, Attacks, and Saves, by -2, +0, +2, +4, for weak, normal, strengthened, insane options accordingly. I'll go into why below, but you might notice attacks and AC get double-dipped due to the way the math is handled. I'm not sure if that's intentional or not, but it results in a rather steep increase in certain key stat values.

hexer

It's happening!
The numbers are inclining every day

buHj4HV.png

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I think even though early fights are simple on Normal, you will still struggle later on if you don't wise up and play smart. The second curse fight at the hill has a bunch of high DR treants and a spellcaster propping them up, and more spawn when you kill them; it's tough!

santino27

Arcane
Patron

I'd go custom. Start with challenging, then change enemy stat adjustments to normal. (For whatever reason, none of the set difficulties use normal). If you want to rest less when you get stat damage, change Remove negative effects on rest to true. If you don't like always walking slow, change 'party's speed depends on the weight you're carrying' to false.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom