Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

bataille

Arcane
I'm still paying with shekels for information concerning Nok-Nok's location...

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
So the KKKodex Konsensus is that Pathfinder: Kingmaker is gud? How are the encounters, better than in Pillars of Eternity, more closer to what they are in Baldur's Gate 2 etc?

bataille

Arcane
I'm still paying with shekels for information concerning Nok-Nok's location...
you'll run into him eventually as part of the main story

It's going to happen in chapter 2, though? I'm sick of Linzi, so I'm willing to cheat a little and beeline to the stinky goblin.
yes

Great, thanks! Something tells me that he's gonna be one of the goblins that dirty peasants have sighted pillaging the villages among the trolls!

Andnjord

Arcane
I have to resist my inner munchkin so hard and not create a full party of mercenaries (with edited costs of course) :negative:

I'll save that for a future Hard playthrough.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
Anyone figured out how to get your companion ai to actually work? This shit is ridiculous.

You get the alchemist companion that uses a single type of bomb, the bard companion that only uses the acid spell, the cleric companion that uses bless or heal, and that's it... The rest of the companions either auto attack with equipped weapon or use a single ability on repeat.

Even PoE shipped with better scripts that this.

There's an option under Game called "AI only uses expendable spells", have you tried messing with that?

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Alright, so apparently there's an "Opportunity" now, with my birthday, and I can pull up the card on the screen, and it says people are invited and it'll be a spectacle, etc., but.. it gives no information on how to start it or how to actually do.. anything... something..?

Am I missing something, or is the game bugged? Normally I'd chalk this up to me just being fucking stupid, but with this game, I can't really be sure - for all I know, there's supposed to be a big "Start event" or something that just isn't showing up because bugs galore.

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Alright, so apparently there's an "Opportunity" now, with my birthday, and I can pull up the card on the screen, and it says people are invited and it'll be a spectacle, etc., but.. it gives no information on how to start it or how to actually do.. anything... something..?

Am I missing something, or is the game bugged? Normally I'd chalk this up to me just being fucking stupid, but with this game, I can't really be sure - for all I know, there's supposed to be a big "Start event" or something that just isn't showing up because bugs galore.

Pretty sure nothing really happens. Unless my game is bugged too all I got was a status report the next day that gave like +3 community and loyalty or something. The whole kingdom management aspect of the game seems to exist separately from everything else.

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
So which class is the best for the charname? Is it cleric for the healing?
You get two separate clerics as party members. They're not great but they're much better than your options for other things; you'll never get a pure wizard for example (she's multiclassed) and you don't get an alchemist for a while (and I've yet to see a druid or summoner so who knows if they exist or where they are). You also don't get a ranger for a while but that's pretty clearly because they don't get an animal until level 4, so they delayed him joining because people like rangers having animal companions

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
the writing is fine, dunno what you guys want?

"we need to protect the city gates from the troll! to arms!" is a lot better than

"you hear a rumbling off in the distance like that of soft thunder. as it draws near it becomes clear to you it is the sound of a group of trolls heading towards the city. `Everyone rally! Trolls are on the loose and heading straight for us!' exclaims Dipshit as he turns to you "Please, [insert character name here], please help us protect our city gates from this vicious troll attack. We need to protect the town, quick everyone to the armory and g--" Dipshit's voice is cut off as a troll suddenly breaks through the fortifications , causing him to flee towards the barracks. `Please! Help!!'"

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

"we need to protect the city gates from the troll! to arms!" is a lot better than

"you hear a rumbling off in the distance like that of soft thunder. as it draws near it becomes clear to you it is the sound of a group of trolls heading towards the city. `Everyone rally! Trolls are on the loose and heading straight for us!' exclaims Dipshit as he turns to you "Please, [insert character name here], please help us protect our city gates from this vicious troll attack. We need to protect the town, quick everyone to the armory and g--" Dipshit's voice is cut off as a troll suddenly breaks through the fortifications , causing him to flee towards the barracks. `Please! Help!!'"

Pillars style, you'd have at least two opportunities to get a lore dump in the middle of that dialogue.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth

Pillars style, you'd have at least two opportunities to get a lore dump in the middle of that dialogue.

don't worry when you mouseover "dipshit" it shows his entire history and his family tree

pm_675

Arbiter
Oleg sells lesser bags of holding. I must have went to the wares screen tens of times and never realized until now.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent

Yeah, I don't think anyone has complained about the writing from that perspective, though.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
in the stag lord battle there is a guy you can recruit to your side.. I remember talking to him and failing a check, then I reloaded for another reason and this time I talked to him after activating bless and was given a skill check for lore-religion which instantly added him on my side

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Stag lord encounter has three optional allies, first the bandits you encounter when searching for the priest, if you spare them, they will join you, then there is the second in command which is a skill check, then finally you have a caged animal you can free to join the fight.

The map is overall quite enjoyable, but a bit anti climatic, they set up the stag lord to be this big bad, and it's just another mob to butcher without conversation, same with his Druid father...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom