Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

How about another RPG Codex Top 70 RPGs poll?

Ninjerk

Arcane
Can we include gender options and sexual preferences, too? It will be a more complete poll.

Martyr

Arcane
Open Path I could easily contradict almost every one of your arguments.
but that's probably not gonna happen and here's why:
- I'm not that much into internet drama and arguing over video games is pointless. if you like Morrowind - that's fine, enjoy!
- you're a random dude on the internet with a Morrowind-avatar and your first post is entirely praise of Mw and talking down on Df. there's nothing I could say to convince you that Df is superior, you've already made up your mind.
- it took me over 2 minutes to read your text and if I wanted to answer to it, I would have to read it again. then I would have to think of an answer, translate that into understandable english, maybe take some screenshots and so on. --> massive waste of time.
from what you've written I'm questioning whether you've played Daggerfall and we could probably go on forever like "you've not played Df!" - "no, you've not played Df!!" . imo everybody who's put a decent amount of effort/time into Df should see that most of your statements are false and that Df is in fact superior to Mw.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
So who can vote on these polls exactly? I'd like to see a new one but it would be more painful than the last one, seeing shit like Dark Souls be named the 14th best cRPG of all time. It would probably be even worse, having something like D:OS2 and Witcher 3 in the top 10. I still would like to see how Elex would stack up, I think it was a very strong game and worthy a rank above Risen.

Neanderthal

Arcane
I've only just got me blood pressure down after seeing The Black Gate below Dragon Age Origins and loads of other far lesser games on last list.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I think the issue is that while there have been some pretty good to great games released in the last 5 years (Age of Decadence, Grimoire, Witcher 3, Wasteland 2, Divinity Original Sin etc) I don’t consider there will be many changes in the top spots since it is ultimately subjective; is Darklands more intricate than Age of Decadence, is Witcher 3 better written than New Vegas...

in the end it IS a popularity contest meaning not which are the best RPGs but which WE like best
Having played recently New Vegas, Witcher 3 and Ultima Underworld would I consider them among my favorites of all time? Yeah
Would they be “the best” RPGs evah
I don’t think so

So we all vote according to our tastes and interests, those who pick on Dark Souls and Witcher 3 for beign “action” RPGs don’t often remember that Ultima Underworld and Gothic are action RPGs too

In the end it will be great to have the poll again, mainly to see where the newer games rank

Oh and I bet Witcher 3 makes the top ten... what glorious butthurt that will cause
:gd:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I don't mind a new poll, though I must say that a "Top 70" sounds kinda dull.

Spice it up a bit, make it a "Top 69". *sounds of clickbaits being installed*

Oh, and for those worried about older titles losing out to newer ones - oldfag checking in here that hasn't been playing much RPGs in recent years. I got your back.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
There is a random encounter cat in ToME which you can feed with a special loot, then he'll adopt you and settle in your fortress.

To give you an idea of how much I'm not playing recent games... I'm not sure what game you're talking about. Tales of Maj'Eyal?

Sjukob

Arcane
I think it would be better if it wouldn't be a list of games from best to worst, but rather a selection of games that stand out from the crowd the most. They are just too different to measure them as equals.

Sjukob

Arcane
Bethesda crap past daggerfall, dos, tw3 and other junk shouldn't even be on the list, obviously.
for even more incline elex is to be excluded. Everything bioware is trash as well, they haven't made a single game that deserves to be on the list, no, not even baldur's gate.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Bethesda crap past daggerfall, dos, tw3 and other junk shouldn't even be on the list, obviously.
for even more incline elex is to be excluded. Everything bioware is trash as well, they haven't made a single game that deserves to be on the list, no, not even baldur's gate.
The only thing everyone should take away from this post is:

ELEX!!!!!!!!!!!!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom