Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter INSOMNIA: The Ark - dieselpunk sci-fi action-RPG set on a decaying space station

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
It was a random encounter

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
OK. Then it's back to waiting for patches for me. Seriously I want to play this much more than Pathfinder, and considering how good pathfinder is, that's saying something.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Same deal. There are moments where it feels like I'm playing Fallout or Gothic for the first time again.

Last edited:

Shog-goth

Elder Thing
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Played for a couple of hours: atmosphere and art direction are top notch. There're glitches and bugs but this game is nothing less than great, one of the best experience in years and I've been playing for a long time. Buy it, try it, you owe this for yourself if you love RPGs.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
I enjoy watching the AI slaughter each other more than the actual combat

Z8iDKMV.jpg

razvedchiki

Erudite
Where do you need to go to find the lost patrol in zone b 27?i spoke with the sarge there but he is from mother russia and doesnt speak english:P
Also managed to almost fix the stuttering and the freezes by puting everything to low and using 1280x 800 resolution.my pc is pretty old though so newest stuff will perform better i guess.

Edit
Oops found it on the map.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
What's the name of the quest? I don't remember a lost patrol, but during the main quest the room behind the Russian guy becomes a command center and you end up raiding the slums.

razvedchiki

Erudite
Combat is a mixed bag so far,ranged is lethal both to me and the mobs,2-3 shots from a rifle means reload.melee at least for now is much easier,if you close the distance alive you need 2-3 strikes to kill anything(they kinda stay stunlocked).
How is xp calculated?there is no notification of how much i earned every time i solve a quest or kill mobs.
Also the unique dialogue options seems rather cosmetic till far,as a jagaer i good some crap from some hobos and thats it.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Scammer and leadership are used often in quests. Scammer also unlocked me an illegal goods merchant, and my computers skill got me a discount at Volcheks. I'm curious what other skills can unlock unique dialogue options.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Combat is a mixed bag so far,ranged is lethal both to me and the mobs,2-3 shots from a rifle means reload.melee at least for now is much easier,if you close the distance alive you need 2-3 strikes to kill anything(they kinda stay stunlocked).

Melee becomes useless later on because you will be fighting mobs of over a dozen enemies. There are also MAS soldiers which you need 70 penetration weapons to damage, and have an AoE melee attack that will oneshot you.

Jinn

Arcane
How is xp calculated?there is no notification of how much i earned every time i solve a quest or kill mobs

I've actually requested in their steam feedback forum to add a numerical representation for experience instead of just the bar in the character screen, and also any experience-gained feedback such as XP numbers floating above your head or displayed on the screen anywhere really.

INSOMNIA_The_Ark , not sure if you're even looking here anymore, but I feel these are pretty important features to implement.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Good news! My manual saves still work.

I lost a couple hours of progress, but the next patch is coming tomorrow so I'm just going to power through.

Jinn

Arcane
Good news! My manual saves still work.

I lost a couple hours of progress, but the next patch is coming tomorrow so I'm just going to power through.

Since you're the one here who is probably the furthest of all, do you feel like this is a game you would gladly replay? I like to replay Gothic 1 and 2 though as the separate factions, for example. Does it seem like there is enough divergence to make such subsequent playthroughs varied enough, at least on par with Gothic 1 and 2 or similar?

Really wanted to play some more today, but I'm holding out in the hopes the next patch irons out a few more of the wrinkles on this lovely tapestry.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Your class and build can have a major effect on your experience. Some quests have different conclusions depending on your skills and choices, and there are many unique dialog options depending on your skills. There's at least one quest where you have to side between factions, and there are 13 endings according to the developers. I think the large number of random encounters help spice up different playthroughs as well.

So yes, I would gladly replay this game in a couple years. I'm more looking forward to what Mono Studios can do next though.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
A good example of C&C is a sidequest where you're asked to deliver medicine to a man with cancer in Reservation 106. After delivering the medicine, he asks you to run to the local bar and pick up his booze.

If you refuse, then you can go back to Onner for a cash reward. If you deliver his booze, he'll die from mixing alcohol with the medicine. You can loot a unique hat off his corpse, but Doctor Onner will get mad and refuse to pay you.

Puteo

Learned
A good example of C&C is a sidequest where you're asked to deliver medicine to a man with cancer in Reservation 106. After delivering the medicine, he asks you to run to the local bar and pick up his booze.

If you refuse, then you can go back to Onner for a cash reward. If you deliver his booze, he'll die from mixing alcohol with the medicine. You can loot a unique hat off his corpse, but Doctor Onner will get mad and refuse to pay you.

Hey, there's a unique rifle too.

Also, you can get your payment then give him his booze :positive:

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Class backgrounds have consequences apparently. I used my scammer skill to convince Custom Officer Farka to sell me contraband, but he still refused because my character was a ghetter (Helot)

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
This is from the gameover cutscene if you get caught infiltrating the Customs Authority. I'm starting to think this mission is impossible without maxing stealth.

MZ36w6Q.jpg
CwcQE9q.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom