Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
I've noticed that some choose-your-own-adventure encounters take into account whether or not you have ropes, torches and other utility items. The game just doesn't tell you. Take the Waterlogged Lowland for example.
You're telling me you don't bring a rope everywhere all the time? For shame +M

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I do like that the game allows you to qualify for feats with stat-boosting items. The NWN games didn't allow that, I don't recall if TOEE did.
Which I am still not sure if a bug or a feature.

Sounds like a bug - it certainly isn't RAW at all.

EDIT: WAIT! It actually is RAW! I'll be damned: http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2q3zg?Using-stat-boosting-items-to-qualify-for-feats
Do note that this only partially applies to increases in Intelligence - all iintelligence-granting items also gives a corresponding bonus to some skill, meaning that you should for example not be gaining extra skill points from intelligence (but you can still use it to qualify for feats and shit). Not sure how it works in PF:K, considering that the headbands of intelligence actually doesn't have a skill associated with them in the way they should have, according to RAW.
I've noticed that some choose-your-own-adventure encounters take into account whether or not you have ropes, torches and other utility items. The game just doesn't tell you. Take the Waterlogged Lowland for example.
You're telling me you don't bring a rope everywhere all the time? For shame +M
First fucking thing I did. If you find a piece of rope in an RPG, you hold onto it for dear life.

bataille

Arcane
you gave her the wrong shield.

I've not seen any even slightly magical tower shields so far.

e: You can't leave the Troll fortress if you got in peacefully due to all the enemies outside. You can't rest INSIDE the fortress due to lack of rations. :lol:

There is a +1 tower shield with 10 fire resistance for sale in your capital for 8000 or so. Although, to be frank, Valerie is a crutch. You don't need to tank most of the time; and when you do, things will just rip her apart (enraged greater owlbears in the witch swamp, I'm talking about you three!)

jf8350143

Liturgist
Waking up in the morning: No work today, gonna play this game for all day.

After playing three hours, which around 1 hour is spend on loading, reloading, camping and waiting for characters to slowly walk through the map: This game really irradiates me! Fuck!

Stop playing for 2 hours:Shit I really want to play kingmaker again.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Well Staglord is the most simple example. A Sarevok-turned-Archer on hard to reach ramp with a wave of meat to protect, pair of high level goons using invisibility and sneak attacks and owlbear ambushing you from cage

all that can be de-constructed by stealthing around his camp and using skill checks, bribing bandits etc.

retarded owlbear came up
btw that is that owlbear you can lock in his cage on make attack enemies I take it.
It's funny, because sneaking around the platform was exactly what I did on the first attempt. When he teleported up there, I already had two on it. Really, when the initiating character (initiating because they are no longer sneaking) is already on that platform, and the enemies (in a narrative sense) have obviously noticed that you're there, he shouldn't teleport up there - he should be set to teleport to the other platform.

It would be an easy way to avoid trivializing the encounter as well as an extremely cool bit of out-of-dialogue/narrative reactivity.

Ulfhednar

Savant
My maximum carry weight changing with fatigue levels and - worst offender - when my party drops to only the PC is infuriating.

Being told i can't travel because I'm overloaded is quickly turning into "You must gather your party before venturing forth..."

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
Waking up in the morning: No work today, gonna play this game for all day.

After playing three hours, which around 1 hour is spend on loading, reloading, camping and waiting for characters to slowly walk through the map: This game really irradiates me! Fuck!

Stop playing for 2 hours:Shit I really want to play kingmaker again.
Welcome to the marvelous world of unity, enjoy you complementary loading-shit-sandwich. What, you don't like shit? Tough luck......you're eating this fucking sandwich motherfucker.
I'm on SSD, it's still just cluckin' rediculous.

The Old Kiwi

Educated
Sweet Zombie Jesus, it's 30 gb, that's going to take half a day on my connection. When did rpgs became this big? Am I just too old?
I would prefer paying extra for a couple of DVDs over such a huge / slow download! Confoundingly, when I registered on the Owlcat forum, and received approval to join, I was somehow immediately banned before ever writing a first message there! I've never heard of such a thing!

They had some sort of security incident or similar that resulted in a lot of new accounts immediately getting banned as a precaution.

It's been ten days, or more. I have eMailed their webmaster, nothing in answer!

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
My maximum carry weight changing with fatigue levels and - worst offender - when my party drops to only the PC is infuriating.

Being told i can't travel because I'm overloaded is quickly turning into "You must gather your party before venturing forth..."

Or you could just abide by the simple fucking mechanics here.

Parabalus

Arcane
What's the hotkey for Stealth? Or how can you drag it onto the hotbar?

Can't find it in options->controls.

Game is serious garbage if clicking the eye button is the only way.

Last edited:

Parabalus

Arcane

Can't find it in options->controls.

it's to the right of the hotbar--there's a little eye.

It's on the right side of the quick-bar. Took me a while to find too for some reason lol.

Yeah, I can click that button.

What's the keyboard shortcut?

You can bind/drag pretty a lot of stuff but I can't find how to do it for stealth.

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
Hotfix 1.0.4 – October, 2nd 2018

Hello everyone!

We keep receiving a lot of your precious feedback which we convert into tasks\suggestions\bugs on the fly. Thank you very much! Special thanks for those who keep providing us with their saves files and logs submitted to technical@owlcatgames.com. That tremendously helps us to understand the exact nature of the reported issues.

Major Issues
  • No pre-order/Kickstarter rewards for the saves started before Hotfix 1.0.2. Resolution: rewards are available in the chest at Throne Room or Oleg's Trading Post.
  • Metamagic Rods are properly highlighted when activated and deactivated immediately on click (instead of waiting until the end of the round).

Quests
  • Jubilost's companion quest does not work correctly (character is teleported to the tavern at the wrong time). Resolution: fixed.
  • The dialogue could be broken at Inconsequent Debates area under certain conditions. Resolution: fixed.
  • Quest unit is absent at the location during the second Harrim companion quest. Resolution: fixed.
  • Poachers didn't start the conversation at the Poachers' Hideout. Resolution: fixed.

Areas
  • Jaethal`s death at the later chapters may cause the game over. Resolution: fixed.
  • Amiri doesn't appear at the end of Flintlock Grassland. Resolution: fixed.
  • Amiri doesn't return after Flintlock Grassland. Resolution: fixed.
  • Captured companion may stay prone visually after the combat starts at Technic League Encampment. Resolution: fixed.
  • Companion captured at Technic League Encampment may be invisible for several seconds after areas loading. Resolution: fixed.
  • Unable to talk to guard captain Hyland (Runaway Throne quest). Resolution: fixed
  • Some lootable corpses may look unnatural. Resolution: fixed.
  • Lighting setup issues at Sepulcher of Forgotten Heroes. Resolution: fixed.
  • Some players were able to acquire unlimited amount of gold in the Storyteller's dialogue. Resolution: fixed.

Items
  • Necklace of Double Crosses doesn't add damage bonus to melee attacks. Resolution: fixed.

User Interfaces
  • Camera movement keys remapping doesn't works. Resolution: fixed (the rare bug when the camera starts moving on its own should be fixed too).
  • No way to check the animal companions stats. Resolution: animal companions sheet is now available by selecting the creature an pressing "C" (default binding).
  • An item may be incorrectly added to the sell list while clicking on mass-trading options at Vendor UI. Resolution: fixed.
  • Mass-trading options doesn't work correctly at Vendor UI - only visible items are added to sell list. Resolution: fixed.
  • The weight value may appear incorrect in sell list at Vendor UI. Resolution: fixed.
  • Hit points on the party portraits may not be updated under certain conditions. Resolution: fixed.
  • The issue with adjusting the party formation direction while moving the mouse with right button pressed. Resolution: fixed.

Kingdom
  • Several kingdom events in Troll Trouble and Season of Bloom chapters deal damage to kingdom stats less often.
  • Region claiming visualization is adjusted.

Classes
  • Scaled Fists receives their Draconic Fury ability at 4th level despite the description stating that they should have received it at 3rd. Resolution: Scaled Fist now receives Draconic Fury at 3rd level. Any Scaled Fist of already 3rd level will receive the Draconic Fury ability immediately upon loading the game.
  • Dueling Mastery requires Dodge instead of Weapon Finesse and did not give proper Shield Bonus to AC and initiative bonus. Resolution: fixed.
  • Back to Back feat does not work. Resolution: fixed.
  • Sword Saint Magus bonus to AC from Canny Defense does not recalculate when Intelligence were changing (recalculates only on level ups). Resolution: fixed.
  • Clerics used to have two copies of Raise Dead on 5th level of their spells, one of those copies without a name. Resolution: unnamed copy of Raise Dead was removed from clerics spell list.
  • Armored Swiftness applies extra +5 speed on each reload. Resolution: fixed.
  • Guidance works more than once for skillchecks. Resolution: fixed.

Misc
  • Aasimars don't get Celestial Resistance bonus. Resolution: fixed.
  • Disintegrated units are invisible after a resurrection. Resolution: fixed.
  • Use Magic Device DC for scrolls is 20 plus scroll's caster level. We considered it too high, especially since some scrolls like Remove Blindness have higher caster levels intentionally. Resolution: DC is changed to 20 plus scroll's spell level.
  • Jaethal's camping ability 'Undead Guardians' produces more than two skeletons. Resolution: fixed.
  • New pack of localization fixes for FR, DE, ZH.

System
  • There is an issue with changing Language and Graphic settings on some systems. Resolution: fixed.
  • Character doll appearance and some other visual elements spontaneously reset to default state. Resolution: fixed.
  • The graphic options resets to defaults every time the game starts. Resolution: fixed.

We are following closely all the discussions considering game difficulty and some other system mechanics. We will keep informing you about our ideas behind the game structure (a couple of updates are about to be posted in the nearest days). And for sure we will keep watching the specific cases that could be breaking game experience and will closely examine them.

Ulfhednar

Savant

I do - I load up to weight, start traveling back to town to sell stuff, get fatigued, get caught by a random encounter and then can't continue my trip without going through an extended rest sequence. Then I get to town, lose 5 characters and my PC is running walking crawling around to the vendor cause everyone ditched him. Personally, I think this might have been done slightly better in other games similar to this one.

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
Hahahhaha i just noticed it while messing around in steam :).

jkGSX5b.png

Typical retarded sjws,there is just one rule......and 20 more subrules :). Pox on them.
Is this horsefucker the mod who made Roqua so butthurt?

I think so, this my little pony abomination is the Dolores Umbridge of the Steam forums.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
My friend who is hard to make play anything and never played PoE etc. plays and shouts stuff like "kobolds in the mines, oh my 20 yo youth where are thou"
- So what did you think about super bear
- What bear
- One in camp
- You mean owlbear?
- Ye they say he has high stats
- Well I just turned it against enemy camp, it basically killed half the camp by itself. isn't he there to help you fight the bandits?
- B-but. muh steam reviews. muh inflated stats--
- Well they give you an owlbear, you use the owlbear. Party killed Staglord, bear tanked everything. I wanted to sacrifice him but he just lol survived and then went back into the forest. Which is why I named my barony after him.
- Named like how?
- "Sovuha". (Совуха) (сова = owl) since on russian in the game he is named "Sovuh".
Well this comes as no surprise to me,after all your friends is a Rus-Glorious Slav. Most of those butthurst reviews are from mericans that miss their "push a button to progress" games. Anyway,fun story bro ;).

dragonul09 how would you rate this game,how many arrows in the head out of ten?

Mech

Cipher

I do - I load up to weight, start traveling back to town to sell stuff, get fatigued, get caught by a random encounter and then can't continue my trip without going through an extended rest sequence. Then I get to town, lose 5 characters and my PC is running walking crawling around to the vendor cause everyone ditched him. Personally, I think this might have been done slightly better in other games similar to this one.
In Olegs Trading Post, or the Capital, your current weight should be ignored. Mine always was. Perhaps a bug?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Hotfix 1.0.4 – October, 2nd 2018

Hello everyone!

We keep receiving a lot of your precious feedback which we convert into tasks\suggestions\bugs on the fly. Thank you very much! Special thanks for those who keep providing us with their saves files and logs submitted to technical@owlcatgames.com. That tremendously helps us to understand the exact nature of the reported issues.

Major Issues
  • No pre-order/Kickstarter rewards for the saves started before Hotfix 1.0.2. Resolution: rewards are available in the chest at Throne Room or Oleg's Trading Post.
  • Metamagic Rods are properly highlighted when activated and deactivated immediately on click (instead of waiting until the end of the round).

Quests
  • Jubilost's companion quest does not work correctly (character is teleported to the tavern at the wrong time). Resolution: fixed.
  • The dialogue could be broken at Inconsequent Debates area under certain conditions. Resolution: fixed.
  • Quest unit is absent at the location during the second Harrim companion quest. Resolution: fixed.
  • Poachers didn't start the conversation at the Poachers' Hideout. Resolution: fixed.

Areas
  • Jaethal`s death at the later chapters may cause the game over. Resolution: fixed.
  • Amiri doesn't appear at the end of Flintlock Grassland. Resolution: fixed.
  • Amiri doesn't return after Flintlock Grassland. Resolution: fixed.
  • Captured companion may stay prone visually after the combat starts at Technic League Encampment. Resolution: fixed.
  • Companion captured at Technic League Encampment may be invisible for several seconds after areas loading. Resolution: fixed.
  • Unable to talk to guard captain Hyland (Runaway Throne quest). Resolution: fixed
  • Some lootable corpses may look unnatural. Resolution: fixed.
  • Lighting setup issues at Sepulcher of Forgotten Heroes. Resolution: fixed.
  • Some players were able to acquire unlimited amount of gold in the Storyteller's dialogue. Resolution: fixed.

Items
  • Necklace of Double Crosses doesn't add damage bonus to melee attacks. Resolution: fixed.

User Interfaces
  • Camera movement keys remapping doesn't works. Resolution: fixed (the rare bug when the camera starts moving on its own should be fixed too).
  • No way to check the animal companions stats. Resolution: animal companions sheet is now available by selecting the creature an pressing "C" (default binding).
  • An item may be incorrectly added to the sell list while clicking on mass-trading options at Vendor UI. Resolution: fixed.
  • Mass-trading options doesn't work correctly at Vendor UI - only visible items are added to sell list. Resolution: fixed.
  • The weight value may appear incorrect in sell list at Vendor UI. Resolution: fixed.
  • Hit points on the party portraits may not be updated under certain conditions. Resolution: fixed.
  • The issue with adjusting the party formation direction while moving the mouse with right button pressed. Resolution: fixed.

Kingdom
  • Several kingdom events in Troll Trouble and Season of Bloom chapters deal damage to kingdom stats less often.
  • Region claiming visualization is adjusted.

Classes
  • Scaled Fists receives their Draconic Fury ability at 4th level despite the description stating that they should have received it at 3rd. Resolution: Scaled Fist now receives Draconic Fury at 3rd level. Any Scaled Fist of already 3rd level will receive the Draconic Fury ability immediately upon loading the game.
  • Dueling Mastery requires Dodge instead of Weapon Finesse and did not give proper Shield Bonus to AC and initiative bonus. Resolution: fixed.
  • Back to Back feat does not work. Resolution: fixed.
  • Sword Saint Magus bonus to AC from Canny Defense does not recalculate when Intelligence were changing (recalculates only on level ups). Resolution: fixed.
  • Clerics used to have two copies of Raise Dead on 5th level of their spells, one of those copies without a name. Resolution: unnamed copy of Raise Dead was removed from clerics spell list.
  • Armored Swiftness applies extra +5 speed on each reload. Resolution: fixed.
  • Guidance works more than once for skillchecks. Resolution: fixed.

Misc
  • Aasimars don't get Celestial Resistance bonus. Resolution: fixed.
  • Disintegrated units are invisible after a resurrection. Resolution: fixed.
  • Use Magic Device DC for scrolls is 20 plus scroll's caster level. We considered it too high, especially since some scrolls like Remove Blindness have higher caster levels intentionally. Resolution: DC is changed to 20 plus scroll's spell level.
  • Jaethal's camping ability 'Undead Guardians' produces more than two skeletons. Resolution: fixed.
  • New pack of localization fixes for FR, DE, ZH.

System
  • There is an issue with changing Language and Graphic settings on some systems. Resolution: fixed.
  • Character doll appearance and some other visual elements spontaneously reset to default state. Resolution: fixed.
  • The graphic options resets to defaults every time the game starts. Resolution: fixed.

We are following closely all the discussions considering game difficulty and some other system mechanics. We will keep informing you about our ideas behind the game structure (a couple of updates are about to be posted in the nearest days). And for sure we will keep watching the specific cases that could be breaking game experience and will closely examine them.
:killit:
The dipshits didn't fix the gamebreaking bug,off with their heads!!!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom