Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Xeon

Augur
I do - I load up to weight, start traveling back to town to sell stuff, get fatigued, get caught by a random encounter and then can't continue my trip without going through an extended rest sequence. Then I get to town, lose 5 characters and my PC is running walking crawling around to the vendor cause everyone ditched him. Personally, I think this might have been done slightly better in other games similar to this one.
I think there is an option to disable the movement penalty from weight, you'll still be affected by fatigue but at least you'll be able to move fast.

Yeah, I never liked inventory management in any game since its mostly a drag instead of a challenge or something so hopefully there will be a mod or an option to remove fatigue or at least reduce it further.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The dipshits didn't fix the gamebreaking bug,off with their heads!!!
Which one? Whine on Steam if you didn't, I want to play my act IV.
The one that stops you entering the portal in the elk temple! From what i noticed you can't progress without finishing the quest,also it looks like pretty interesting quest. All those fixes are pretty useless to me....except returning of the barbarian snowflake. But that one i could live with.

The game still have a bunch of inaccessible maps,that you can't walk because it doesn't detect you or something.

haderlump

Literate
Anybody else here still playing from HD? How do you cope with it? I seriously consider buying a SSD just for this game.
I suppose the investment could be worth it if I don't want to pull out the rest of my hair.
There is probably not much else on my side I could do to improve it, or is there? Rest of my hardware is more than capable to run this game.

In the first act, the loading screens were tolerable, but as soon as I enter act II it becomes absolutely infuriating. Not only the map table in the throneroom or areas in the capital, I have the impression that normal maps, even small ones I already visited seem to take much longer than before.

Right now I'm spending my game time replaying act I again and again with different characters hoping there'll be a patch soon that optimizes this mess at least a little bit. A good way to avoid the apparently gamebreaking bugs in later acts for now, but I really would like to continue the campaign already.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I might have to hold my playthrough until I can upgrade my potato PC:

Winf 7 64bit
Intel I7 2.8GHz
12 GB DDR Ram
x2 AMD 5870
SSD 10mb/s (I think, just bought it)

As soon as I loaded it up and changed the settings ti min, the GPU started to go nuts. The fan was so loud it woke someone up in the next room and they asked me if we had a storm outside. Its moments like this when I think about how much money I spent helping to kickstart POE, W2, and TON.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
I've gotten the feeling of being "too old" a couple of times as well. Turns out I was just playing a shit game. PoE with White March, Blackguards (especially Blackguards) and now PoEII convinced me that's not the case at all. When this shit is done well it's still my second favourite pass time right below getting drunk and yelling curse words at political opponents in bars
Same thing here. Sooner or later comes the game that dispels any fears i have about being "too old". :) Most recently Original Sin 2 and Nier: Automata did it for me. Deadfire was fine too, despite my grudge with Sawyer.
The best part is that now i know that shit games are indeed shit and there is nothing wrong with me. I can be an angry grognard without any second thoughts!

Shadenuat

Arcane
For people who think there is no Crusader Kings 2 in this game, if as a baron you talk to

beautiful and magnificent (you may bow) mite queen Bdah, she proposes a dynastic marriage to you

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
I do like that the game allows you to qualify for feats with stat-boosting items. The NWN games didn't allow that, I don't recall if TOEE did.
Which I am still not sure if a bug or a feature.

Sounds like a bug - it certainly isn't RAW at all.

EDIT: WAIT! It actually is RAW! I'll be damned: http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2q3zg?Using-stat-boosting-items-to-qualify-for-feats

I know in 3.5 they specified that Int boosting items don't give you extra skill points, but other than that feats are fair game. The trick is you are supposed to lose the feats if your stats get lowered, but that entails a level of bookkeeping most people don't bother with.

I might have to hold my playthrough until I can upgrade my potato PC:

Winf 7 64bit
Intel I7 2.8GHz
12 GB DDR Ram
x2 AMD 5870
SSD 10mb/s (I think, just bought it)

As soon as I loaded it up and changed the settings ti min, the GPU started to go nuts. The fan was so loud it woke someone up in the next room and they asked me if we had a storm outside. Its moments like this when I think about how much money I spent helping to kickstart POE, W2, and TON.

I run it on high on way worse setup, the game has no FPS cap option hence the helicopter sounds from GPU (unless you really neglected it and it needs some good dusting), either turn v-sync ON or just set a cap in your gpu software.

In AMD radeon settings it should be under Gaming -> Global Settings -> Frame Rate Target Control

In case it still runs hot, killing post-processing nonsense like Bloom should help a bit, besides the game looks better without it I think.

Jinn

Arcane
Not sure if this was posted yet (only drawback of this being such flaming hot incline is this thread moves too fast to keep up with!) but the game seems to have hit 70% Mostly Positive with it's steam user rating.

About goddamn time, and I hope it gives them a nice sales boost through the week and into the weekend. May eastern Europe continue to bring us excellent RPGs!

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
"Disintegrated units are invisible after a resurrection. Resolution: fixed."

Wasn't disintegration works like that though? Whole point of that spell was to eliminate everything against resurrection?

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Started my barony for the 4th time, and may actually stick with the character this time. Went with a Mad Dog barbarian. Going to table my playthtrough until the big patch on Friday, and hope it fixes a lot of the later game bugs.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Hotfix 1.0.4 – October, 2nd 2018

Hello everyone!

We keep receiving a lot of your precious feedback which we convert into tasks\suggestions\bugs on the fly. Thank you very much! Special thanks for those who keep providing us with their saves files and logs submitted to technical@owlcatgames.com. That tremendously helps us to understand the exact nature of the reported issues.

Major Issues
  • No pre-order/Kickstarter rewards for the saves started before Hotfix 1.0.2. Resolution: rewards are available in the chest at Throne Room or Oleg's Trading Post.
  • Metamagic Rods are properly highlighted when activated and deactivated immediately on click (instead of waiting until the end of the round).

Quests
  • Jubilost's companion quest does not work correctly (character is teleported to the tavern at the wrong time). Resolution: fixed.
  • The dialogue could be broken at Inconsequent Debates area under certain conditions. Resolution: fixed.
  • Quest unit is absent at the location during the second Harrim companion quest. Resolution: fixed.
  • Poachers didn't start the conversation at the Poachers' Hideout. Resolution: fixed.

Areas
  • Jaethal`s death at the later chapters may cause the game over. Resolution: fixed.
  • Amiri doesn't appear at the end of Flintlock Grassland. Resolution: fixed.
  • Amiri doesn't return after Flintlock Grassland. Resolution: fixed.
  • Captured companion may stay prone visually after the combat starts at Technic League Encampment. Resolution: fixed.
  • Companion captured at Technic League Encampment may be invisible for several seconds after areas loading. Resolution: fixed.
  • Unable to talk to guard captain Hyland (Runaway Throne quest). Resolution: fixed
  • Some lootable corpses may look unnatural. Resolution: fixed.
  • Lighting setup issues at Sepulcher of Forgotten Heroes. Resolution: fixed.
  • Some players were able to acquire unlimited amount of gold in the Storyteller's dialogue. Resolution: fixed.

Items
  • Necklace of Double Crosses doesn't add damage bonus to melee attacks. Resolution: fixed.

User Interfaces
  • Camera movement keys remapping doesn't works. Resolution: fixed (the rare bug when the camera starts moving on its own should be fixed too).
  • No way to check the animal companions stats. Resolution: animal companions sheet is now available by selecting the creature an pressing "C" (default binding).
  • An item may be incorrectly added to the sell list while clicking on mass-trading options at Vendor UI. Resolution: fixed.
  • Mass-trading options doesn't work correctly at Vendor UI - only visible items are added to sell list. Resolution: fixed.
  • The weight value may appear incorrect in sell list at Vendor UI. Resolution: fixed.
  • Hit points on the party portraits may not be updated under certain conditions. Resolution: fixed.
  • The issue with adjusting the party formation direction while moving the mouse with right button pressed. Resolution: fixed.

Kingdom
  • Several kingdom events in Troll Trouble and Season of Bloom chapters deal damage to kingdom stats less often.
  • Region claiming visualization is adjusted.

Classes
  • Scaled Fists receives their Draconic Fury ability at 4th level despite the description stating that they should have received it at 3rd. Resolution: Scaled Fist now receives Draconic Fury at 3rd level. Any Scaled Fist of already 3rd level will receive the Draconic Fury ability immediately upon loading the game.
  • Dueling Mastery requires Dodge instead of Weapon Finesse and did not give proper Shield Bonus to AC and initiative bonus. Resolution: fixed.
  • Back to Back feat does not work. Resolution: fixed.
  • Sword Saint Magus bonus to AC from Canny Defense does not recalculate when Intelligence were changing (recalculates only on level ups). Resolution: fixed.
  • Clerics used to have two copies of Raise Dead on 5th level of their spells, one of those copies without a name. Resolution: unnamed copy of Raise Dead was removed from clerics spell list.
  • Armored Swiftness applies extra +5 speed on each reload. Resolution: fixed.
  • Guidance works more than once for skillchecks. Resolution: fixed.

Misc
  • Aasimars don't get Celestial Resistance bonus. Resolution: fixed.
  • Disintegrated units are invisible after a resurrection. Resolution: fixed.
  • Use Magic Device DC for scrolls is 20 plus scroll's caster level. We considered it too high, especially since some scrolls like Remove Blindness have higher caster levels intentionally. Resolution: DC is changed to 20 plus scroll's spell level.
  • Jaethal's camping ability 'Undead Guardians' produces more than two skeletons. Resolution: fixed.
  • New pack of localization fixes for FR, DE, ZH.

System
  • There is an issue with changing Language and Graphic settings on some systems. Resolution: fixed.
  • Character doll appearance and some other visual elements spontaneously reset to default state. Resolution: fixed.
  • The graphic options resets to defaults every time the game starts. Resolution: fixed.

We are following closely all the discussions considering game difficulty and some other system mechanics. We will keep informing you about our ideas behind the game structure (a couple of updates are about to be posted in the nearest days). And for sure we will keep watching the specific cases that could be breaking game experience and will closely examine them.
:killit:
Yeah, the fact that one of the companions still isn't fixed is a fucking travesty.

Started my barony for the 4th time, and may actually stick with the character this time. Went with a Mad Dog barbarian. Going to table my playthtrough until the big patch on Friday, and hope it fixes a lot of the later game bugs.

They just fixed Amiri bug, that was the biggest issue with progressing past a certain a point, though in all likelihood there's a few more of those down the line.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Hotfix 1.0.4 – October, 2nd 2018

Hello everyone!

We keep receiving a lot of your precious feedback which we convert into tasks\suggestions\bugs on the fly. Thank you very much! Special thanks for those who keep providing us with their saves files and logs submitted to technical@owlcatgames.com. That tremendously helps us to understand the exact nature of the reported issues.

Major Issues
  • No pre-order/Kickstarter rewards for the saves started before Hotfix 1.0.2. Resolution: rewards are available in the chest at Throne Room or Oleg's Trading Post.
  • Metamagic Rods are properly highlighted when activated and deactivated immediately on click (instead of waiting until the end of the round).

Quests
  • Jubilost's companion quest does not work correctly (character is teleported to the tavern at the wrong time). Resolution: fixed.
  • The dialogue could be broken at Inconsequent Debates area under certain conditions. Resolution: fixed.
  • Quest unit is absent at the location during the second Harrim companion quest. Resolution: fixed.
  • Poachers didn't start the conversation at the Poachers' Hideout. Resolution: fixed.

Areas
  • Jaethal`s death at the later chapters may cause the game over. Resolution: fixed.
  • Amiri doesn't appear at the end of Flintlock Grassland. Resolution: fixed.
  • Amiri doesn't return after Flintlock Grassland. Resolution: fixed.
  • Captured companion may stay prone visually after the combat starts at Technic League Encampment. Resolution: fixed.
  • Companion captured at Technic League Encampment may be invisible for several seconds after areas loading. Resolution: fixed.
  • Unable to talk to guard captain Hyland (Runaway Throne quest). Resolution: fixed
  • Some lootable corpses may look unnatural. Resolution: fixed.
  • Lighting setup issues at Sepulcher of Forgotten Heroes. Resolution: fixed.
  • Some players were able to acquire unlimited amount of gold in the Storyteller's dialogue. Resolution: fixed.

Items
  • Necklace of Double Crosses doesn't add damage bonus to melee attacks. Resolution: fixed.

User Interfaces
  • Camera movement keys remapping doesn't works. Resolution: fixed (the rare bug when the camera starts moving on its own should be fixed too).
  • No way to check the animal companions stats. Resolution: animal companions sheet is now available by selecting the creature an pressing "C" (default binding).
  • An item may be incorrectly added to the sell list while clicking on mass-trading options at Vendor UI. Resolution: fixed.
  • Mass-trading options doesn't work correctly at Vendor UI - only visible items are added to sell list. Resolution: fixed.
  • The weight value may appear incorrect in sell list at Vendor UI. Resolution: fixed.
  • Hit points on the party portraits may not be updated under certain conditions. Resolution: fixed.
  • The issue with adjusting the party formation direction while moving the mouse with right button pressed. Resolution: fixed.

Kingdom
  • Several kingdom events in Troll Trouble and Season of Bloom chapters deal damage to kingdom stats less often.
  • Region claiming visualization is adjusted.

Classes
  • Scaled Fists receives their Draconic Fury ability at 4th level despite the description stating that they should have received it at 3rd. Resolution: Scaled Fist now receives Draconic Fury at 3rd level. Any Scaled Fist of already 3rd level will receive the Draconic Fury ability immediately upon loading the game.
  • Dueling Mastery requires Dodge instead of Weapon Finesse and did not give proper Shield Bonus to AC and initiative bonus. Resolution: fixed.
  • Back to Back feat does not work. Resolution: fixed.
  • Sword Saint Magus bonus to AC from Canny Defense does not recalculate when Intelligence were changing (recalculates only on level ups). Resolution: fixed.
  • Clerics used to have two copies of Raise Dead on 5th level of their spells, one of those copies without a name. Resolution: unnamed copy of Raise Dead was removed from clerics spell list.
  • Armored Swiftness applies extra +5 speed on each reload. Resolution: fixed.
  • Guidance works more than once for skillchecks. Resolution: fixed.

Misc
  • Aasimars don't get Celestial Resistance bonus. Resolution: fixed.
  • Disintegrated units are invisible after a resurrection. Resolution: fixed.
  • Use Magic Device DC for scrolls is 20 plus scroll's caster level. We considered it too high, especially since some scrolls like Remove Blindness have higher caster levels intentionally. Resolution: DC is changed to 20 plus scroll's spell level.
  • Jaethal's camping ability 'Undead Guardians' produces more than two skeletons. Resolution: fixed.
  • New pack of localization fixes for FR, DE, ZH.

System
  • There is an issue with changing Language and Graphic settings on some systems. Resolution: fixed.
  • Character doll appearance and some other visual elements spontaneously reset to default state. Resolution: fixed.
  • The graphic options resets to defaults every time the game starts. Resolution: fixed.

We are following closely all the discussions considering game difficulty and some other system mechanics. We will keep informing you about our ideas behind the game structure (a couple of updates are about to be posted in the nearest days). And for sure we will keep watching the specific cases that could be breaking game experience and will closely examine them.
:killit:
Yeah, the fact that one of the companions still isn't fixed is a fucking travesty.
Oh well i am installing insomnia...

Mech

Cipher
I am fairly confident that the progress breaking bugs will be fixed on Friday.

If you haven’t already, make sure to ACTUALLY report it to the devs with your save file, otherwise you are an idiot.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
make sure to ACTUALLY report it to the devs with your save file
When i see that lazy retardation my blood boils. This is the same shit that swede cucks of paradox are pulling every fucking time. Something extremely obvious and easy to detect by playing the fucking game,and they have the audacity to want fucking save files and wasting my time with reporting it!!!

Got bored and left

For people who think there is no Crusader Kings 2 in this game, if as a baron you talk to

beautiful and magnificent (you may bow) mite queen Bdah, she proposes a dynastic marriage to you

Bdah is best waifu. Change my mind

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
I do - I load up to weight, start traveling back to town to sell stuff, get fatigued, get caught by a random encounter and then can't continue my trip without going through an extended rest sequence. Then I get to town, lose 5 characters and my PC is running walking crawling around to the vendor cause everyone ditched him. Personally, I think this might have been done slightly better in other games similar to this one.

Dude all I know is that I haven't had any problems like this if abiding by the rules of resting when fatigued and making sure my inventory is "light".

Ezeekiel

Liturgist

Bdah is best waifu. Change my mind

Not that she has much competition... You know, between the bowlcut little blonde boy, a mentally retarded cavewoman with no tits, that other weirdo and finally... A corpse.
Also, zero hot female human avatar portraits lol, what gives, Russia?

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I am fairly confident that the progress breaking bugs will be fixed on Friday.

If you haven’t already, make sure to ACTUALLY report it to the devs with your save file, otherwise you are an idiot.
When it comes to Tristian, there's multiple reports of it up, and there's no need to send any save files, because it's easily verifiable (and easily fixed).

Jinn

Arcane
Oh well i am installing insomnia...

Hmm. Something makes me wonder if you actually purchased either of these harbingers of quality, or if you've been much more likely riding the high sea and complaining the whole time.

Either way, you better hold up on Insomnia. Don't need you jamming that thread up with your technical complaints too.

Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
I will give a GOG key for Pathfinder: Kingmaker to the first person to write "Josh Sawyer is an idiot who might as well be retired" in this thread.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom