Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

X-COM XCOM 2 + War of the Chosen Expansion Thread

lightbane

Arcane
I just killed the Hunter and the guy would. not. shut. up. I don't know what they thought when making these clowns.

IMO the Hunter was the best of the trio, he knows he's a souped-up psycho and enjoys it. However, mods fix everything:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1137638215&searchtext=hush
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1139866668&searchtext=hush

These two should help.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I just killed the Hunter and the guy would. not. shut. up. I don't know what they thought when making these clowns.

IMO the Hunter was the best of the trio, he knows he's a souped-up psycho and enjoys it. However, mods fix everything:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1137638215&searchtext=hush
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1139866668&searchtext=hush

These two should help.

THANK GOD. I searched but didn't find these in the Workshop between all the anime hair, anime voice packs and anime soldier models.

lightbane

Arcane
I'm actually more disturbed at the increasing number of mods related to the Mass Erect games. Why did people like that thing so much? Even disregarding the shitty ending, the setting was bland and blatantly copy-pasted from better but older sci-fi works.

azimuth

Educated
Any expansion of sequel is pointless until they change the very basic fact that everything boils down to "activate pod early in turn to win, activate pod late in turn to lose"
That by itself is not a very big issue compared to having to make sure you never activate two pods at the same time.

Aye, very true.

It's sad isn't it? all that design, all those choices, all the hours gone into making the game and those basic elements are all it really boils down to.

Unmodded Xcom2 has unactivated pods actively patrol away from you if engaged one already, ie. if you triggered more than one you "did something wrong".
Pretty horribly designed tbh, even just a few stragglers would add much to the feel. Chosen fit the bill somewhat, but not enough.
I play this game with "larger pods" and "A Better AI". Larger pods make the game a lot more interesting, as you have trouble dealing with everything in one turn. Highly recommended.

Mazisky

Magister
Around dinner time (for us europeans) they may announce this 2nd expansion or maybe something smaller.

In any case it's is something EU\EW related with Xcom 2 since there are EU assets\mps recreated with Xcom 2 engine. we'll find out soon.

Specifically those 2 maps:

BAR_%28EU2012%29.png

GasStation.png

File:BAR_(EU2012).png

File:GasStation.png

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Nice I guess, but I wonder why though?

Was it a dlc in the works, but got scrapped and they thought hey, lets release it for free for some PR ?

azimuth

Educated
Really disappointed with this one. Rehashed content and linear story missions are not my bag, nor the reason I like WOTC.

mastroego

Arcane
Free for WotC owners, new maps, new customization options, new score.
Not even Codexers should honestly find something to complain here.

I do worry about what will happen with mods though.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Well, it would be more fun with a real expansion. That is my complaint.

Spoilers.

Xcom 2 ended with the foreshadowing of Terror From the Deep. My heart was set on a TFTD expansion, so this thing was a bit of a disappointment.

Hellraiser

Arcane

Spoilers.

Xcom 2 ended with the foreshadowing of Terror From the Deep. My heart was set on a TFTD expansion, so this thing was a bit of a disappointment.

TFTD would need a new game. Too many fucking assets and mechanics to do. Not sure how they could fit it in with the rest of the campaign of XCOM 2.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron

Spoilers.

TFTD would need a new game. Too many fucking assets and mechanics to do. Not sure how they could fit it in with the rest of the campaign of XCOM 2.

If it was an expansion it would be placed after the main Xcom 2 campaign, since it ends on Tftd stuff. And I would prefer the announcement of Xcom 3 - TFTD than this little bonus dlc. Now I fear we have to wait 2 more years until any new info.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom