Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
with rat diplomacy may the enslavement of nations through necromancy allow the ring to be equipped

eggdogg

Learned
Just bought it, downloading now. The codex has yet to do me wrong and the will of the codex clearly is positive about this game. Thy will be done

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Just bought it, downloading now. The codex has yet to do me wrong and the will of the codex clearly is positive about this game. Thy will be done

This is a longshot, but is your name a reference to obscure San Diego band Creedle??

EDIT: Oh wait, it's a Beak song too? I bet that's it...

EDIT X 2: Of course I guess it could just be the foodstuff.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I went to the Nymph, dismissed my party while they were exhausted and now the debuff won't go away even after resting. :|

e: Resting in an area instead of the world map solved it.

Mortmal

Arcane
Hotfix 1.0.4 – October, 2nd 2018

Hello everyone!

We keep receiving a lot of your precious feedback which we convert into tasks\suggestions\bugs on the fly. Thank you very much! Special thanks for those who keep providing us with their saves files and logs submitted to technical@owlcatgames.com. That tremendously helps us to understand the exact nature of the reported issues.

Major Issues
  • No pre-order/Kickstarter rewards for the saves started before Hotfix 1.0.2. Resolution: rewards are available in the chest at Throne Room or Oleg's Trading Post.
  • Metamagic Rods are properly highlighted when activated and deactivated immediately on click (instead of waiting until the end of the round).

Quests
  • Jubilost's companion quest does not work correctly (character is teleported to the tavern at the wrong time). Resolution: fixed.
  • The dialogue could be broken at Inconsequent Debates area under certain conditions. Resolution: fixed.
  • Quest unit is absent at the location during the second Harrim companion quest. Resolution: fixed.
  • Poachers didn't start the conversation at the Poachers' Hideout. Resolution: fixed.

Areas
  • Jaethal`s death at the later chapters may cause the game over. Resolution: fixed.
  • Amiri doesn't appear at the end of Flintlock Grassland. Resolution: fixed.
  • Amiri doesn't return after Flintlock Grassland. Resolution: fixed.
  • Captured companion may stay prone visually after the combat starts at Technic League Encampment. Resolution: fixed.
  • Companion captured at Technic League Encampment may be invisible for several seconds after areas loading. Resolution: fixed.
  • Unable to talk to guard captain Hyland (Runaway Throne quest). Resolution: fixed
  • Some lootable corpses may look unnatural. Resolution: fixed.
  • Lighting setup issues at Sepulcher of Forgotten Heroes. Resolution: fixed.
  • Some players were able to acquire unlimited amount of gold in the Storyteller's dialogue. Resolution: fixed.

Items
  • Necklace of Double Crosses doesn't add damage bonus to melee attacks. Resolution: fixed.

User Interfaces
  • Camera movement keys remapping doesn't works. Resolution: fixed (the rare bug when the camera starts moving on its own should be fixed too).
  • No way to check the animal companions stats. Resolution: animal companions sheet is now available by selecting the creature an pressing "C" (default binding).
  • An item may be incorrectly added to the sell list while clicking on mass-trading options at Vendor UI. Resolution: fixed.
  • Mass-trading options doesn't work correctly at Vendor UI - only visible items are added to sell list. Resolution: fixed.
  • The weight value may appear incorrect in sell list at Vendor UI. Resolution: fixed.
  • Hit points on the party portraits may not be updated under certain conditions. Resolution: fixed.
  • The issue with adjusting the party formation direction while moving the mouse with right button pressed. Resolution: fixed.

Kingdom
  • Several kingdom events in Troll Trouble and Season of Bloom chapters deal damage to kingdom stats less often.
  • Region claiming visualization is adjusted.

Classes
  • Scaled Fists receives their Draconic Fury ability at 4th level despite the description stating that they should have received it at 3rd. Resolution: Scaled Fist now receives Draconic Fury at 3rd level. Any Scaled Fist of already 3rd level will receive the Draconic Fury ability immediately upon loading the game.
  • Dueling Mastery requires Dodge instead of Weapon Finesse and did not give proper Shield Bonus to AC and initiative bonus. Resolution: fixed.
  • Back to Back feat does not work. Resolution: fixed.
  • Sword Saint Magus bonus to AC from Canny Defense does not recalculate when Intelligence were changing (recalculates only on level ups). Resolution: fixed.
  • Clerics used to have two copies of Raise Dead on 5th level of their spells, one of those copies without a name. Resolution: unnamed copy of Raise Dead was removed from clerics spell list.
  • Armored Swiftness applies extra +5 speed on each reload. Resolution: fixed.
  • Guidance works more than once for skillchecks. Resolution: fixed.

Misc
  • Aasimars don't get Celestial Resistance bonus. Resolution: fixed.
  • Disintegrated units are invisible after a resurrection. Resolution: fixed.
  • Use Magic Device DC for scrolls is 20 plus scroll's caster level. We considered it too high, especially since some scrolls like Remove Blindness have higher caster levels intentionally. Resolution: DC is changed to 20 plus scroll's spell level.
  • Jaethal's camping ability 'Undead Guardians' produces more than two skeletons. Resolution: fixed.
  • New pack of localization fixes for FR, DE, ZH.

System
  • There is an issue with changing Language and Graphic settings on some systems. Resolution: fixed.
  • Character doll appearance and some other visual elements spontaneously reset to default state. Resolution: fixed.
  • The graphic options resets to defaults every time the game starts. Resolution: fixed.

We are following closely all the discussions considering game difficulty and some other system mechanics. We will keep informing you about our ideas behind the game structure (a couple of updates are about to be posted in the nearest days). And for sure we will keep watching the specific cases that could be breaking game experience and will closely examine them.
:killit:
The dipshits didn't fix the gamebreaking bug,off with their heads!!!
Indeed, dipshits did not. I am stuck at the same step. Could continue playing but that's yet another companion quest impossible to finish and one less advisor , and no one to replace her .

hexer

I would wait for the first proper patch.

Custom difficulty recommended. Challenging + normal enemies.

First big patch is coming this Friday.
But he'll be fine with the current hotfixes, he just has to wait for them to fix levelup spells.. which will be in a few hours.
https://steamcommunity.com/games/Pathfinder_Kingmaker/announcements/detail/2940179248248985616

Mortmal

Arcane
"
Dear Pathfinders,
Unfortunately, there is a problem with the Windows version of the hotfix we’ve just uploaded. While the Mac and Linux versions function properly, the Windows build doesn’t have 80% of the fixes we’ve implemented since Monday. For those who want to know the details, the main issue is that at character generation and level-up UI, the list of spells have become invisible. The list is still there, you can still use them and click on them, but you cannot really see them except for the tooltips.
This happened due to a bug in our infrastructure, and, while we’ve already tracked it down and dealt with it, it will take several hours until the issue is completely resolved. As we speak, the servers at our studio are compiling the correct version of the hotfix for Windows. Once again, this issue should not concern our Mac and Linux users – as far as we know, all is fine in their versions of the hotfix. We are very sorry for the inconvenience, and we’re doing our best to get it right this time.

"

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
The fuck, a single bag of holding is 25k, is that... normal?

No, in the books the highest end Bag of Holding is 10,000gp and holds 1500 lbs. The books expect you to calculate the weight of money though.

This last weekend I spent two hours reloading a random drop in Pool of Radiance to get a bag of holding, which was available by no other means. And PoR's bag doesn't even hold equipment, it only holds money, which weighed more than all the party's other items combined. Just one of many ways in which Kingmaker is extremely popamole :hug:

eggdogg

Learned

This is a longshot, but is your name a reference to obscure San Diego band Creedle??

EDIT: Oh wait, it's a Beak song too? I bet that's it...

EDIT X 2: Of course I guess it could just be the foodstuff.
Creedle is an amazing band...whoever you are I love you.

Sentinel

Arcane
You also can't switch weapons by clicking on expand weapon sets and then selecting a ranged or melee weapon? So my ranged guy is just getting pummeled with attack of opportunity...
You have to click the weapon set number above the weapon icon, not the weapon itself.

L'Montes

Educated
The fuck, a single bag of holding is 25k, is that... normal?

No, in the books the highest end Bag of Holding is 10,000gp and holds 1500 lbs. The books expect you to calculate the weight of money though.

This last weekend I spent two hours reloading a random drop in Pool of Radiance to get a bag of holding, which was available by no other means. And PoR's bag doesn't even hold equipment, it only holds money, which weighed more than all the party's other items combined. Just one of many ways in which Kingmaker is extremely popamole :hug:

This reminds me of how money was freakishly heavy in Daggerfall (Elder Scrolls 2... or just regular heavy, I think it was a few hundred pieces = 1 kg). You'd quickly be too encumbered to move with loot, and that was even with things like horses, carts, etc. to off-load weight.

There was a solution for money in-game - banks. So, carrying 1000s of gold around to buy a house was obviously impractical because gold is heavy, so you could get "letters of credit" of a sort for amounts of money from a bank, but they charged you 1% to make them. You can only access your money at the banks where you put it kinda too, so if you sail across the bay to the other kingdom in Sentinel, you can't go to the bank there to withdraw money... because it's not an international banking system exactly.

There were restrictions on their use too... like, you can't use one of your Elder Scrolls checks to pay for beer at the tavern, but you could use it for a house/ship.

They got rid of banks in the later games (and ships, horse-drawn carts, etc.). Easier to handwave the weight of tons of gold I assume.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Seeing the difference between Ekun and Amiri or Valerie just shows how shit the latter two are even more. Why can't all companions be that amazing?

Xeon

Augur
Man, unfair streams are crazy boring, at least they come up with a lot of stuff to pass things so its pretty informative, but a lot of time its super boring to watch since they keep reloading and trying over and over for good rolls after coming up with a strategy.

This guy passed the first Tart fight against his guys but for some reason he restarted and now trying again with a different setup.

Generic-Giant-Spider

In Deadfire I remember vampires, that is it.

Whoa whoa, wait a minute. They're "fampyrs." Important distinction. Even though there is really none and it's another example of taking something that everyone knows (a vampire) and trying to put a retarded spin on it which doesn't succeed in the slightest.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom