Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Xeon

Augur
Yeah, its kinda weird why they decided to change the name of Vampires, I thought maybe it was similar to Beholders or something, someone said Beholder the name belongs to WotC or something. But Vampires feels a lot more well known so not sure.

For people who think there is no Crusader Kings 2 in this game, if as a baron you talk to

beautiful and magnificent (you may bow) mite queen Bdah, she proposes a dynastic marriage to you

Bdah is best waifu. Change my mind

Not that she has much competition... You know, between the bowlcut little blonde boy, a mentally retarded cavewoman with no tits, that other weirdo and finally... A corpse.
Also, zero hot female human avatar portraits lol, what gives, Russia?
I will follow in the footsteps of Regongar's father and take an orc wife. Of course, the only orc is Regongar, but given that I'm an evil wizard this shouldn't prove to be any problem. He will be a good wife and produce an army of fiercely loyal quarter-orcs for me.
F78D3894D8AFDD5443534880DCCD20847E26EB89

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
-There really needs to be an "exit to world map" button from the throne room
-More feedback for kingdom stats/happiness. Soon as I started managing the kingdom it dropped to "troubled." WTF. Can't see a way to boost it.
-2 weeks to increase a stat seems dumb, how can I not miss events during that period?
-I like the caginess of advisers from a RP standpoint but this is a little ridiculous. I thought I was getting the neutral envoy but he's actually chaotic evil, and I'm stuck with him. Derp.
-Some of the adviser candidates are baffling. General is either Amiri, who is a bloodthirsty barbarian, or Regongar, who is bloodthirsty AND super evil. Why not Valerie? Valerie as regent seems like she would fuck something up, but the other option is Octavia, who is a manic pixie girl. Lol Kingdom is fucked.
-When leveling you can't see a class's abilities unless you qualify for it. Sucks for PrCs
-You also can't see class power choices or spells, nor can you see what spells are in each cleric domain. All this info is necessary for making build choices. You can look it up in the PnP info but you have no idea what's actually in the game or not.

Turjan

Arcane
Anyway, does anyone know whether bought mercenaries that you kick out of your party just disappear?

Last edited:

Xeon

Augur
I think I got Kassil as the general adviser, he seems pretty good, he is also the default adviser from the Aldori woman.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
They are for pnp.
You can try watching Nerd Commando https://www.youtube.com/user/NerdCommandoGames videos on youtube, they are for Pathfinder: Kingmaker the computer game, but I have my doubts about their legitness - there is now way he could've tested (as in beat the game with them) every build he describes, and I doubt he even beat the game before he started doing them. But as far as theorycrafting goes he have a lot of itneresting and useful things to say.

Pope Amole II 's valerie build is bangin' tho

Canus

Savant
I'm beginning to suspect that Lander is not, in fact, the Neutral advisor and is, in fact, the Chaotic Evil advisor. Nothing particular he's done, but his general tone when dealing with bandits and general monsters is a little too...'I mean why wouldn't we do this'.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
I'm beginning to suspect that Lander is not, in fact, the Neutral advisor and is, in fact, the Chaotic Evil advisor. Nothing particular he's done, but his general tone when dealing with bandits and general monsters is a little too...'I mean why wouldn't we do this'.

He's *politically* neutral. Your choices seem to be Good, Evil, and More Evil.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Anyone else play a Knife Master Rogue? These sneak attack numbers are enough to cure my erectile dysfunction.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
I think there is an option to disable the movement penalty from weight, you'll still be affected by fatigue but at least you'll be able to move fast.

Yeah, I never liked inventory management in any game since its mostly a drag instead of a challenge or something so hopefully there will be a mod or an option to remove fatigue or at least reduce it further.
Try NEO Scavenger, in that game at the beginning you're glad to find a supermarket plastic bag because it allows you to put things in it. And it's actually a fun game.

Xeon

Augur
I did play it when it came out and I am already playing CDDA these days, but those are different games, in those games its about survival with limited resources, in here that's not important, just more of a time consuming to progress while worrying about inventory management.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

playing this now. pretty decent. better than PoE or most of the NWN games at least.

Last edited by a moderator:

Canus

Savant
Just so people know. When you're dealing with the bird and the gnome clicking to rest at his campsite, at least in my game following the last patch, kicks you back to the desktop with an error string. You can, however, just set up your own camp when you need to rest, and you can hunt in that location, for some reason, and you can get past that point.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
I did play it when it came out and I am already playing CDDA these days, but those are different games, in those games its about survival with limited resources, in here that's not important, just more of a time consuming to progress while worrying about inventory management.
I fully agree, it depends on the game but it can be fun if the genre of the game is suitable for it.

Shadenuat

Arcane
*********tombofVarn

Kingmaker_2018-10-03_03-40-43-46.png

lol that was a close for a finale for adventure.

completely forgot I even brought some extra scrolls. but instead of Death Ward I was using Crusader's Edge and Dismissal.

Crusader's Edge solves soul eaters even when you fight "unfair" fight "Lindzi I chose you", since they're evil outsiders. not sure if they can be dismissed, I didn't try

Ancient Water elementals are outsiders, so Dismissal/Banishment works on them

Disrupting Weapon took care of 12151626 Cyclops.

Daemons Death Ward + Crusader's Edge + Dismissal should work

Banal but I did google Soul Eaters just to be sure that they're not shadows or something, although game does give you hints on what they are - Abaddon is demonic plane, they're extraplanar, so use spells against outsiders.

Whole level is basically either
- Use shit against undead
- Use shit against evil outsiders

I beaten it I believe in 2 rests, since I had to scrap my spell selection on choose-Lindzi fight and remake it all over. The morondekai himself was kinda weak, I focused his familiar first - maybe that helped, and he died very quickly although I did see that he can do some neat spells. Demons were way more hard.

I guess he was weaker due to all the shit player has to go to get to him.

tristan is ass.

Overall, great dungeon. A small maze triggered my Wiz7 memories and that game gives me panic attacks.

Time to get my game broken in act 4.

Last edited:

People are saying there is a lot of sjw stuff in this but I don't it besides the 'strong woman' stuff which is okay. Until I see transgender cocksucking goblins then as far as I'm concerned there is nothing to worry about

jungl

Augur
This game reminds me sooo much of dead state. The settlement management elements being buggy and the busy work that comes with it. Combat encounters being dangerous and hard at first then monotonous easy later. The annoying traveling and event mechanics. The time limit which is okay in both games. I enjoyed dead state a little more cause how hilarious zombie vs human fights can get in that game. Pathfinder kingmaker is deadstate before reanimated right now and painful to play.

Definitely feels like a indie shit game :) what only grognards like myself and peeps here on the codex can tolerate. Hopefully they fix all the bugs and add some quality of life improvements with the city building. Way to many loading screens to recommend this game to normies.

Vatnik Wumao
I will follow in the footsteps of Regongar's father and take an orc wife. Of course, the only orc is Regongar, but given that I'm an evil wizard this shouldn't prove to be any problem. He will be a good wife and produce an army of fiercely loyal quarter-orcs for me.
F78D3894D8AFDD5443534880DCCD20847E26EB89
Being Dethmold through and through, eh?))
So what's this I hear about the fucker ending up betraying you?

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
People are saying there is a lot of sjw stuff in this but I don't it besides the 'strong woman' stuff which is okay. Until I see transgender cocksucking goblins then as far as I'm concerned there is nothing to worry about
One of the things people brought up is sometimes the tooltip descriptions say "she" instead of "he" so I guess, if that bothers you, you'll have a bad time.

Generic-Giant-Spider

[Lawful Good]: "I'MMA KILL YOU BANDITS."

[Lawful Evil]: "Yes... you and your gang could be of use to settle some disputes and help keep peace. Just remember who holds your leash."

Another reason why LE > LG.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom