Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

lightbane

Arcane

Goddamit, how can they ruin something as braindead simple as the writing for a "Medieval Megaman-vania" game?? They never had great writing nor were supposed to, and even then indies fail to deliver. Will the next game of Megaman X feature a gay Zero and a female Axl? Oh wait, the Japanese aren't infected by the SJW craze yet.

In any case, the game seems worth borrowing for a while.

Latelistener

Arcane
header.jpg

miltiades.png

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Anyone tried this?

just realized my dumbass brain posted this link over valve thread :M

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Another Chinese indie game that only supports Chinese language is on the global top sellers and making more revenues than AAA games (and Pathfinder) at the moment. It's Chinese parents simulator!:

Google Translate said:
"Chinese Parents" is a realistic simulation game that simulates the entire process from birth to adult to explore the relationship between children and parents.

This is probably the most hearty simulation game you've ever played.

You, as a child born in an ordinary family, experience a journey from birth to adult growth -

How will you cope with the choices in life?
In the face of the occasional bear child, can your specialty win face?
In the face of the stalwart draft, can you stand out from the crowd?
In the face of that special she, how would you treat it...

The most important thing is that in this era of rapid development and class solidification, can your goals be achieved through generations?
  • Unforgettable growth process - a journey from kindergarten to elementary school to adult growth
  • More than 40 events collected from the player - a few words, but directly hit the hearts of the people
  • Amused and humorous art - let you remember the growth when you smile
  • Personally cultivate children - cultivate the attributes of thick and thin hair, or pull out the seedlings to promote the skills of martial arts?
  • Grounded gas game system - competition face, special draft, the redemption of the red envelope in the New Year
  • 7 sociable girls - develop relationships and learn about their stories
  • Multiple endings - dozens of academic and professional endings waiting for you to unlock
  • The design of generations of inheritance - talent will be accumulated from generation to generation, it will take several generations to achieve class leapfrogging?

I wonder if this is a social commentary game or something.

Modron

Arcane
Turn based strategy game with hexes, 8 faction battles, and 1500 units; do the Japanese have an equivalent word for grognard?

Mega Man 11 lands on steam.

I wonder if this simcityish game that focuses on industry is decent, probably not.

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Turn based strategy game with hexes, 8 faction battles, and 1500 units; do the Japanese have an equivalent word for grognard?

I remember Advanced Daisenryaku on the Mega Drive. My uncle won it in a comp, and played it with a Japanese dictionary on hand. There's a fan translation of it now I believe.

Funny, I played Super Daisenryaku on Sega.
One of the best bgm.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Unleashed, open world sandbox RPG of "virtues and sins", with creature summoning "semi-turn-based" combat, handcrafted maps with free exploration, and crafting and housing:

ss_a65a3f8b50c6d9069f45780a3122f4b0b09bff62.600x338.jpg
ss_342e5b8389296cce08b51cef7403882eae4c3e2f.600x338.jpg

Plunge into the brutal Mystria, a corrupt world founded on sorcery and lies. Explore a dense open-world sandbox RPG with a rich history and narrative and a rewarding combat system brought to you by a multi-award-winning team.

Enjoy a constantly evolving challenge as you uncover the compelling lore and enjoy:
  • Strategic semi turn based 3 x 3 battles
  • Combat based around virtues and sins
  • Unique handcrafted maps
  • Crafting, farming and looting
  • Random events and encounters
Everything you do impacts upon the environment and resources, paths and events are uniquely altered by when you encounter the map.

Peel back the surface to expose Mystria’s gruesome secrets. That is, if you dare.

For millennia humanity struggled to maintain balance. Civilisations grew, empires crumbled but the last pages of history remained the same; peace succumbed to carnage and blood drained into the soil. Then, the Great Blessing came.

Every man, woman and child awoke to a divine era, their soul made manifest, their virtues and sins radiant beside them like a corporeal protector.

Those fortunate enough to be blessed on this day adopted the title of The Devoted. A small, wretched minority were not so lucky. Overlooked by the Great Blessing, these people were treated with revulsion, as outcasts, sub-humans who are hunted and killed without mercy. They were known as The Rejected.

Now, you are one of them.

Made by French indie team, Kickstarted early this year.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom