Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Sykar

Arcane
If I were a GM: none. You get their attention, you die screaming. Simple as that.

Full intervention sure but You are telling me that Eldritch horror is going to personally bother squezing particular ant ?

What I meant is that gods in my opinion should be so powerful that any attempt of direct confrontation should lead to a swift and painful demise no ifs or buts. This incessant need to frame gods in silly stats is baffling to me. They should be beyond stats and the only way to beat them is through guile like Raistlin Majere did.
Basically this,
1406222381007.jpg

Weakness: Horrible parenting skills

Understatement of the millennia. :lol:

hell bovine

Arcane
Check their levels. Apparently the fix to the broken hotfix introduced a bug, where you can choose any spell regardless of the level. I guess now is the time to run your unfair sorcerers spamming horrid wiltings at level one. :lol:

Exactly that happened except I don't see higher level spells on the list to choose from, only those of same level or lower.
Check if they are all arcane. Some players on reddit reported that they get all spells, including those from other classes.

bataille

Arcane
There seems to be tons of vestigial stuff. Weapon Focus for weapons that aren't there, feats or class options that doesn't exist referenced in descriptions, etc.

I doubt it's for planned implementation through DLC:s. More likely it's just unfinished stuff that was hastily tidied up for release as the game was pushed out the door.
Might also be copy-pasted English descriptions from the ruleset, with no plans to ever add the items and spells.

The last paragraph on lizardfolk in the encyclopedia makes it abundantly clear, yeah. There are huge chunks of unedited copied descriptions...

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
There seems to be tons of vestigial stuff. Weapon Focus for weapons that aren't there, feats or class options that doesn't exist referenced in descriptions, etc.

I doubt it's for planned implementation through DLC:s. More likely it's just unfinished stuff that was hastily tidied up for release as the game was pushed out the door.
Might also be copy-pasted English descriptions from the ruleset, with no plans to ever add the items and spells.
Yes, this absolutely covers some of it, but at the same time, we know that there's a lot of Weapon Focuses missing, for example, while others are present, despite the weapons not being there, etc.

It's definitely a mix.

Sentinel

Arcane
https://www.reddit.com/r/Pathfinder_Kingmaker/comments/9kpwtk/full_sorcerer_wizard_spell_list/

they didn't implement most of the spells, despite implementing feats that affect spells not present.

Spells DLC incoming?

http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/121...date-55-season-pass-post-release-content.html

Game has a season pass, with "Several DLC packs per Season Pass". The text also heavily hints that a second season pass is planned. I wouldn't be surprised if they do a magic dlc pack.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
https://www.reddit.com/r/Pathfinder_Kingmaker/comments/9kpwtk/full_sorcerer_wizard_spell_list/

they didn't implement most of the spells, despite implementing feats that affect spells not present.

Spells DLC incoming?

http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/121...date-55-season-pass-post-release-content.html

Game has a season pass, with "Several DLC packs per Season Pass". The text also heavily hints that a second season pass is planned. I wouldn't be surprised if they do a magic dlc pack.
Yeah, I know that there's DLC:s planned, and I wouldn't be surprised if there's a magics DLC, I'm just saying that that is probably not why there's tons of vestigial stuff. Nobody plans to have a bunch of loose ends lying around, even if they plan to put something there later. An electrician doesn't just let the wires hang out of the ceiling when he's done, saying "This looks great. I'm going to come back in two months and maybe put a lamp there for you, so it's OK".

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps

Spells DLC incoming?

I've seen double swords in the game but the option didn't show up when I tried to take exotic weapon proficiency. Meanwhile I can take Weapon Focus: Spiked shield, but I have yet to find one in game.

Could be the stuff is there they just don't have good loot/shop lists.

Sentinel

Arcane

Spells DLC incoming?

Yeah, I know that there's DLC:s planned, and I wouldn't be surprised if there's a magics DLC, I'm just saying that that is probably not why there's tons of vestigial stuff. Nobody plans to have a bunch of loose ends lying around, even if they plan to put something there later. An electrician doesn't just let the wires hang out of the ceiling when he's done, saying "This looks great. I'm going to come back in two months and maybe put a lamp there for you, so it's OK".
You're applying logic to slavs. Don't think it works that way.

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015

Spells DLC incoming?

That just makes it a true dos-era pen and paper crpg throwback. remember Megatraveler, where there was a skill for every kind of transport in the books despite none of them appearing anywhere within the game

Cromwell

Arcane
Help me out here since I cant find any answers elsewhere. I have a cleric and want to put cure wounds into the domain slot my main domain is heasling and sun is second but for whatever reason the spellbook doesnt consider cure wounds a domain spell, why is that?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Help me out here since I cant find any answers elsewhere. I have a cleric and want to put cure wounds into the domain slot my main domain is heasling and sun is second but for whatever reason the spellbook doesnt consider cure wounds a domain spell, why is that?

Probably because Clerics can spontaneously cast those and there's no need to put them in the spell slots. I'm speculating, though.

Cromwell

Arcane

Probably because Clerics can spontaneously cast those and there's no need to put them in the spell slots.

Nah in the rules it states that these slots are only for domain spells. you get one mor spell per day buit are restricted to spells that are in your domain. I can put them in the normal slots just fine and can put spells from the sun domain in the domain slots, just not fucking healin g and it drives me nuts.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Which level?

Cromwell

Arcane
Which level?

3. I tried all my save games to look if I did something wrong along the line but it just doesnt make sense. I can only put them in the normal slots which isnt needed since I can wuickcast them there but I cant use quickcast (or whatever its called) for domain slot spells, the only spells that goe into my domain slot are things like burning hands and so on (I guess thats sun)

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Are you sure Cure Wounds are counted as domain spells (since it's a base Cleric spell)? Healing does give a bonus to them, but is it needed for them to be in the domain slots to gain the bonus?

Cromwell

Arcane
Are you sure Cure Wounds are counted as domain spells (since it's a base Cleric spell)? Healing does give a bonus to them, but is it needed for them to be in the domain slots to gain the bonus?

It is in the PnP but I am not sure about the game, the Game says it isnt. But since these russian subhumans think manuals are for faggots I have no reference to go by.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Which level?

3. I tried all my save games to look if I did something wrong along the line but it just doesnt make sense. I can only put them in the normal slots which isnt needed since I can wuickcast them there but I cant use quickcast (or whatever its called) for domain slot spells, the only spells that goe into my domain slot are things like burning hands and so on (I guess thats sun)
Strange, I have no trouble:

LoDoPcx.png

Now, as to why Cure Serious Wounds is even a Domain spell (and not even one level early or anything like that) when you can cast it spontaneously is a completely different question...

Absinthe

Arcane
What pisses me off is that they're not honest about it. They say that it was in error, when not only did it stack by RAW, but it was on the recommended list. That's not an "error", it suggests that the rule was deliberately written to allow them to stack to begin with, and that this stacking was the intent of the archetype.

In this regard, 3.5 had it better, because "FAQ is not RAW", and FAQ:s and "Sage Advice" were often worded in the way of "we would recommend.." and so on, but weren't considered Errata. Now, 3.5. suffered from the issue that they sucked at errata things that were obviously not intended and that had been addressed in FAQ:s in no uncertain terms, but that's really a separate issue.
They blatantly undo and change rules with their bullshit clarifications and they are completely inconsistent in the principles they espouse. Paizo's godawful mismanagement is a big reason why Pathfinder is such a sad sack of shit. They don't even know the rules of their own game. You can tell because of how much crap they shit out that technically does not work under their own rules, although the intention is obvious enough.

People who write those FAQs always seem to be completely oblivious to the obvious intention of a rule.
They're not oblivious. They just have their own obvious intentions. Paizo is staffed by passive-aggressive non-confrontational twits who are afraid to say "I'm nerfing that shit because I don't like it" and instead go for "Oh, uh, you misinterpreted that and according to my bullshit interpretation that always didn't work" even when that very blatantly contradicts how the mechanic is intended to work or how it clearly worked in 3.5, for instance. And a lot of their nerfs are based on what offends the FAQ writer or paizo head designers in particular and not any actual understanding of game balance.

And part of the result of that bullshit chickenshit approach is that the rule you read in book A doesn't work the way you think it does because in Book B, FAQ C they have completely new clarifications to twist how that stuff apparently works and in Book D they come up with a convenient example of the rule in action that indicates more fucking counterintuitive shit about its mechanics. As a result Pathfinder is a fucking pain in the ass for newbies and GMs and leads to stupid rules arguments because not even paizo keeps its rules straight. If anything the designers strike me as the kind of cunt who would appreciate an ambiguous rule so that he can retroactively declare it to mean whatever he wants and power-trip all over shit he doesn't like without admitting he's going against the game rules, except that's profoundly unhelpful to people who want to get a normal game going with clear, consistent, predictable rules.

I have seen that in so many table tops games that I just say fuck it and make my own house rules when they pull that shit, despite how much I despise house rules as a concept (unless done for very good reasons, such as this).
You'll be stuck houseruling around their bullshit inconsistent mechanics, ridiculous clarifications, and awful balance issues and various other crap for a long time. People amass large amounts of houserules playing this shit because of all the fucking issues there are with Pathfinder.

Go play a decent system with clearly-defined rules instead of Pathfinder and its ever-expanding list of homebrew fix labor.

Last edited:

Andnjord

Arcane

Ehm...are there Fauchards in game? I gave the feat to Amiri (because 18-20 crit range and Reach), but now you're making me afraid that there might not be any in-game :oops:

Cromwell

Arcane
Which level?

Strange, I have no trouble:

LoDoPcx.png

Now, as to why Cure Serious Wounds is even a Domain spell (and not even one level early or anything like that) when you can cast it spontaneously is a completely different question...

M cleric is three the spells I have are 1 and two, so I cant confirm. Can you put the lesser cure spells in there? ( cure light wounds). As for the spntaneous that should be simple, you cant spontaneous cast domain slot spells, so If you prepare 2 normal spells and cure as domain you have it three times, if you get two normal and anoher domain spell you only have it 2 times since you cant exchange your domain spell for a cure spell.

Fairfax

Arcane
With the level of optimization you can get out of 6 character party even with story companions, pre-buffing and other shit, if you'd only fight standard OGL encounters you would crush them. Not even select all > left click.

I still think they should have had Core Rules difficulty from the start though, because that is what players expect, and you gotta meet expectations of what they want to play.
As Cael has noted, the solution here is to make the battles tougher through various combinations of adding more enemies, levels, and better equipment (where applicable), not giving them unearned attributes.
I think most people here would want things to be balanced SCS style, except Obsidian fans. They praised Sawyer in the PoE2 thread for increasing the enemy stat boosts, and prefer to play with level scaling. The contrast between the two threads is very amusing in this regard.

Cromwell

Arcane
Ehm...are there Fauchards in game? I gave the feat to Amiri (because 18-20 crit range and Reach), but now you're making me afraid that there might not be any in-game

Theres one to get directly at oleg for about 400g.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom