Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Vigilantes: neo-noir, turn based tactical RPG

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
when is the punisher crossover? better call marvel studios

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
Or perhaps looking at something else? I don't have any steam account. When I open this page it shows me Vigilates on top
https://store.steampowered.com/explore/new/

Hm, but choosing either RPG or strategy category it's indeed one down. Though don't know how much competition is this jrpg Protest.

Yep, it's back for me too. This is really good. It probably won't last, but wasn't expecting this to happen.

Modron

Arcane
Yes! Yes! Yes. Vigilantes didn't get buried by pron games on Steam!

dqaL0uV.png
That's good somehow Insomnia the Ark didn't make it to the trending page or at least I didn't see it there unfortunately.

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
This screenshot just seemed oddly phrased. Haven't played it yet to judge.

Yeah it's a hell of a long sentence. To be honest, the writing is one of the areas people are most divided on. Some (often people who like the style of detective novels,) really like it. Others think it's crap. If you want some voiced examples, you can check out this playlist, but it might spoil the characters for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR4rOBD5LuU&list=PL3F4ZY8KMRwxkKRmaw6MXw6GaqQYs9YrC

ushas

Savant
Yep, it's back for me too. This is really good. It probably won't last, but wasn't expecting this to happen.
It's a good game.

Have a lot of other DLC to make first though...

1. Sam's Day in Court: Sam becomes Edgar Kowalski's Lawyer and must extricate him from an arson charge he freely admits to. Sam is not allowed to make an insanity deal
2. Sam: Croc Hunter - Sam travels to a remote village in southern Australia which is being terrorised by a mutant croc. Features voice acting by Al Stuart, president of Australia (role not yet confirmed)
:D

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This seems to be the most polished out of the major september madness release ( i know it is october).

I will play it immediately tonight. It helps being on early access for a year instead of closed alpha amd beta kingmaker and insomnia had.

ushas

Savant
This seems to be the most polished out of the major september madness release ( i know it is october).

I will play it immediately tonight. It helps being on early access for a year instead of closed alpha amd beta kingmaker and insomnia had.
Depends on their pipeline. Programmers themselves playing the game does a lot for polish, for example. Think John Romero said somewhere that they playtested the hell out of Doom during development (or was it Quake?). But, yeah, in more general it's directly proportional to number of people, isn't it.

As a backer I've been playing this on linux before the EA, all smug about it... So of course the one otherwise positive and informed review by a journalist had to have a crash on Ubuntu, that hadn't happened to me before:argh: Thankfully, the same guy now reports all quiet on the linux front.

Last edited:

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
I watched the new one and thought it was shite.

Watched the old ones again and they are still bloody good action films.

It's not nostalgia, new stuff is actually shite.

New one didn't grab me either. May give it another try. Hadn't seen the original movies in 10 years, so it was a treat. Cheesy, satirical, dark, and somehow it works. Great atmosphere. Robocop 3 is a travesty though, I turned it off when he put a gun attachment on his hand and shot a hole in the roof of the car, rather than opening the damn door.

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer

Honestly, EA was great. If it's done responsibly, it's good for the game, good for players who like to try something out early (and those who play later), and good for the developer.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I hadn't realised this had left Early Access.

Purchased it as it is a pretty reasonable price.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Bought immediately, of course. Gotta get that trending going!

Won't really have time to play soon, though. Too much on the backlog at the moment. But who knows... once I'm done with my X-Com Files playthrough ;)

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
" i am not a pyromaniac"
-edgar Kowalski my boi.

Just met him, love him already. This shit is gonna be fucking lit. :lol:

Took him from a short story I wrote around 8 years ago. Never really finished the story to the point was happy with it, but at least he made it into the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom