Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Jagged Alliance Jagged Alliance: Rage!

Mazisky

Magister
I am pretty sure that if Sir Tech come back with a different name (and nobody knows they are Sir Tech) making the perfect Jagged Alliance 2 remake, everyone here will still complain.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Hmm, I could get used to those graphics even if I will never enjoy them. There is a lot of old school stuff in that video (more than new Xcoms) like APs, singleshots, 3 bullet burst, full auto, aim accuracy for grenades, cover not working like nuXcom, body part targeting (but only 3 parts).
We have also seen that you can have 4 characters in a party in a mission (who knows, maybe you can get more in full version). What I didn't like is small maps, enemy AI being mostly useless and stupid animations for some shown abilities (like that smoke teleport shit).
Island map also seems to be smaller. I wonder if the game will have any weapon modding and such stuff.
Unlike others here I actually enjoyed JA:Back in Action game, even with it not being turn based so I am more forgiving about new JA games not being exactly like JA2 + mods.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't get these games that release an announcement trailer with no gameplay in it and then the only place you can find gameplay footage is on a bunch of third party noname YouTube channels. Do it like Mutant Year Zero - release an official 30 minute gameplay reel!

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
It's pretty hard to find an interview about this or something. Maybe later?

Here is a German one via the channel that uploaded playthroughs:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Release very soon, like, September 27th:

Very low marketing presence. Even lower than their other remastered releases, I think. Here's my theory again:

Another theory: this was being developed by Cliffhanger Productions before its bankruptcy (May 2015). THQ Nordic (then Nordic Games), who was the publisher of Cliffhanger's last game Shadowrun Online, bought the rights to this game (along with rights to JA Online and SR Online?) before or after their acquisition of JA IP (August 2015). Handy Games, requested by THQ Nordic, re-purposed the game, and now announced it as their publishing title.

Last edited:

naossano

Cipher
I am pretty sure that if Sir Tech come back with a different name (and nobody knows they are Sir Tech) making the perfect Jagged Alliance 2 remake, everyone here will still complain.

Jagged Flashback seemed to be on the right path, until they decided to stop at mid-development.
I am still clueless about why there seem to be such a Jagged Alliance curse.
That kind of strategy game should have led to countless of cheap clones and spin-off. But i have seen none so far...

Bigg Boss

Arcane
We have enough people here to make tons of games, but most of us are too retarded to do anything about it. Working on that part at least.

Shaewaroz

Arcane
Patron
In a hobo shack due to betting on neanderthal
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Well, at least it looks better than BiA.

I really don't like the insta death melee take downs though. Melee options have always been under represented and completely useless in JA, but at least taking down an armed opponent with a knife made you feel like a friggin god. Here it's just a cheap way to insta kill nearby opponents. That's banal af.

Last edited:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
September No More, jagging to December:

https://www.thqnordic.com/node/305

Jagged Alliance: Rage! moved to December 6th
September 26, 2018

Vienna/AUSTRIA, September 26th, 2018: Don’t rage… yet. Jagged Alliance: Rage! will now be brought to you by Saint Nick. Whether you own a PC, a PlayStation®4 or one of the Xbox One family of devices including Xbox One X, there ain’t no better present to put in your boots now that the release date on all platforms has been moved to December 6th 2018.

This spin-off from the Jagged-Alliance franchise is about the beloved mercs such as Ivan Dolvich, Helmut "Grunty" Grunther, Charlene "Raven" Higgins and more. Playable in both single-player and co-op multiplayer, Jagged Alliance: Rage! features a beefy campaign approximately 20-hours long.

The latest gameplay-trailer on YouTube: https://youtu.be/JJtRveCPg7M
Download the Trailer here: https://media.thqnordic.com/?dir=Jagged_Alliance_Rage/Trailer

Jagged Alliance: Rage! is in development for PC, PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, and the Xbox One family of devices including Xbox One X and will be released on December 6th. The SRP for the PC-version is 19,99 $ / 19,99 €, and the console editions have an SRP of 29,99 $ / 29.99 €.

Jagged Alliance: Rage! will be published by HandyGames, the latest family member of the THQ Nordic network. HandyGames will act as an independent publisher, focusing on small and mid-sized projects or 3rd-party indie games.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
This game is what happens when you dig up the corpse of the greatest turn-based tactical mercenary cRPG of all time and re-embalm it with soy.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Oh well. Even if it is really bad, maybe it's worth pirating. And they aren't asking that much money for it.

m_s0

Arcane
Don’t rage… yet. Jagged Alliance: Rage! will now be brought to you by Saint Nick.
I'm a bit raged-out, after the past, what, decade and a half?

Why cut the trailer to music you know won't work with the type of gameplay you're working with, in the specific way you want to present it? Outcome: it looks like you can't be arsed to market the game for what it is.

Dux

Arcane
It really boggles the mind how you can fuck up a franchise this badly, considering how solid the fundamentals were after JA2.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom