Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
It will be great for a replaying the game. As we clearly will do,seeing how half the quests are buggy. Also it seems that only speeds up the icon moving on the map.
Yes, once combat or something begins, everything returns to proper speed. I suppose it can technically be used to avoid encounters or something but really it only seems to make crossing huge maps faster without major gameplay effect.

Absinthe

Arcane
The fact that the tower is littered with them and they are the only enemy you have to fight there is more annoying. Hope you have lightning resistance.
Reminder that Pathfinder is caster edition. Try casting Resist Energy or Protection From Energy. I hear it helps.

They also messed up the fact that you can't kill Linzi even when you have clear and present cause to do so. She's apparently "plot critical" and there's no way to get rid of her, which is frustrating, especially when they give you cause to act against her, so you can't just handwave it and pretend that she's just there, having not pissed you off, like any number of servants of the kingdom.
Yeah, that seems fucking terrible. I'm gonna take a raincheck on this game and see how it works out later.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Yeah, that seems fucking terrible. I'm gonna take a raincheck on this game and see how it works out later.
That is just a bad design decision, though, and I doubt that will change. It is not a bug and aside from rewriting major parts of the game or straight-out removing that event/situation, I can't imagine it getting fixed.

Salvo

Arcane
Anyone have a fix for the double Amiri bug? I want to continue playing but stopped for the moment to avoid corrupting the save

Shadenuat

Arcane
I never bought any and I still had no problems. And I recently had to carry 16 full plates +1 for sale from a particular quest. My party is pretty high STR I guess, with lowest being a single Linzi.

Then again I also don't carry worthless junk.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
zd9rcsb.png

Bokken is now gender bending.

I use cheatengine for the fast forward to speed up movement and shite auto attack combat encounters.

Game would be almost unbearable without that quality of life hack since you would probably die of old age from watching that slow ass character animations.

Reinhardt

Arcane
I heard this bear thing is scary and all, but killed it on first try. Looks like russians nerfed difficulty. He one-shoted MC and Valerie, but Amiri with 2 hp evaded everything and critted twice. Now i'm lvl 3.

Ulfhednar

Savant
I never bought any and I still had no problems. And I recently had to carry 16 full plates +1 for sale from a particular quest. My party is pretty high STR I guess, with lowest being a single Linzi.

Running a weapon finesse / caster party with highest strength score of 12. Biggest issue is the fatigue that builds up - if you get attacked by a random encounter and are overburdened due to fatigue, you can't continue your journey. I'm frequently having to use enlarge person and strength mutagens just so I can leave the encounter map, and I have bought every bag of holding from Oleg that he will give me.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Anyone have a fix for the double Amiri bug? I want to continue playing but stopped for the moment to avoid corrupting the save
I rate this post "No".
I heard this bear thing is scary and all, but killed it on first try. Looks like russians nerfed difficulty. He one-shoted MC and Valerie, but Amiri with 2 hp evaded everything and critted twice. Now i'm lvl 3.
Same. When I got to it in Patch 1.0.1 or something, it was a cakewalk. I dunno, either they nerfed it completely or I just happened to have the right shit with me.

L'Montes

Educated
zd9rcsb.png

Mim Gobblescockser asked me for an emerald, then keeps coming back asking for more emeralds. It feels like her quest bugged out in my game. I built her an artisan studio in a town, but she doesn't show up in said town. She tells me to meet her there to discuss further requests. What she *does* do is continue to loiter in the capital by the two salesman, and ask for emeralds.

Bokken's just generally buggy, but I just assumed he's a drug addict at this point. He has a workshop (that he asked me to build) in a town in outskirts, but he doesn't show up in the outskirts-town for whatever reason. Instead, he's still stands around outside Oleg's like a fucking vagrant. He must be busy what with showing up in the throneroom to give me nothing all the time though.

Ulfhednar

Savant
Is there a mod yet to reduce/remove weight from items? I find inventory management tiresome. And/or a mod that simply reduces movement penalties.

pretty sure you can just turn that off in the game's settings.

Edit: you can make it so encumbrance no longer affects your movement speed in difficulty settings. I'm looking at it right now.
It was one of the first options I selected - it doesn't work the way you think it will.

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
The bear was nerfed in two ways: first, its stats (especially DR, the thing that made it dangerous) were reduced, and secondly, they reduce the stats further if you go there early by ignoring Tartuccio.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
zd9rcsb.png

Mim Gobblescockser asked me for an emerald, then keeps coming back asking for more emeralds.

She is outside, don't talk to her, it's a bug. Go to her in the village, she will ask for other stuff. Generally, after you build a village you will get someone asking for a building or to work for you, or you go to the village first to talk to someone there who is named. You can then build a unique building for them and get a quest. From then on, they should come from time to time to give you stuff.

Her quest is bugged anyway. In the end, you will need to go to the mountain (Talon Peak), save her there... and it's bugged after it.

Shadenuat

Arcane
"Bear" was never that hard to begin with, unless you played something higher than challenging, then it was quite a bitch to take down on low levels.

GrainWetski

Arcane

How can you possibly play this game without filling your inventory with 30 weapons worth 2 gold each?

Shadenuat

Arcane
How can you possibly play this game without filling your inventory with 30 weapons worth 2 gold each?
The truth is, many people would probably also figure this out once they realize that those first 2-3 shops in the game is only thing you will get for a while, if not forever.

I spent about half a million gold or more on building points because I don't have anything to buy. (and because trade deals suck and getting thousands of BP I need to build crap is easier that way - the economy of my Kingdom seem to totally depend on me murderhoboing)

Maybe there will be some shops in Pitax where I am going now but I am not counting on it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom