Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Maybe 185 pages of people saying to wait for patches should give you a heads up

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
game is getting too buggy for me, think I'll hold off for a while now
so far it's my GOTY and I dislike rtwp :positive:

Uhoh, I haven't kept up since release. Is waiting for a few (or a lot of) patches advisable?

if you start playing now, they'll probably have the next patch out before you start hitting the big mid to late game bugs. but if you want a clean experience from start to finish, wait.

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Wanted to try out a dazzling strike build. Did a 2-handed fighter with one level on thug. The daze effect is nice, but I noticed that weapon specialization to earth breaker, sneak attack, improved sneak attack and precise strike gives pretty ridiculous damage as long as the enemy is flanked. That's 5d6 damage for level 3 plus the strength bonuses.

bataille

Arcane
oh game come on :rage:

Kingmaker_2018_10_04_22_05_06_49.png

What is a circumstance? :)

Whatever it is, it's gonna stack with everything!

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
I've only suffered one major bug which made me go to an earlier save (meetin Ekundayo *after* I started fucking up the Troll lair). Wondering what chapter people are at that they're seeing so many bugs and if I should hit the pause button before then.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent

Uhoh, I haven't kept up since release. Is waiting for a few (or a lot of) patches advisable?
It's a great game, but unless you're really hankering to play, yeah, you'll want to wait. Supposedly, the patch meant for Friday was postponed until next week, too, because they fucked up one of the hotfixes bad.

I like how you can go total PATHFINDER ART when filling out all weapon slots. :lol:

bpB7KtO.png
I actually really like that shit. Official Pathfinder art itself looks pretty terrible, but I do appreciate my murderhobos completely covered in weapons and quivers and bows and backpacks and bedrolls. I noticed that last night when I was loading people up to handle an encounter with some spiders. Doing the tried and true "Clog a chokepoint with Valerie's fat ass" tactic while everyone else had ranged weapons and I gave Amiri a longspear so she had reach, then I realized it was adding all the other weapon models to everyone as they were equipping new shit in an alternate slot. I approve. Also got that axe last night too!

a cut of domestic sheep prime

HOLY SHIT THE RAPERAT CAVE
fixed.

also, is there nothing that can be done about the load times?

they put almost everything in a separate map, so kingdom management in particular is sandwiched between multiple loading screens.

:shredder:

Cael

Arcane
Yeah, it's lead to a funny situation where in the PnP consistent ranged sneak attacks are hard to get, it's actually the opposite in the CRPG. Ranged Sneak Attacks are almost trivial to secure, and it makes a huge difference, whereas running around in melee with a relatively squishy character such as a pure rogue is just plain dangerous.
Someone who actually played the game and understands it. I always laugh at the theorycrafters who cry about dual-wielding being OP because "rogues rogues rogues!" If some demented melee rogue decided to sneak attack my monsters and failed to kill it in the round, the next time it acted, that rogue is going to get a whole faceful of monster.

Mech

Cipher

It's a great game, but unless you're really hankering to play, yeah, you'll want to wait. Supposedly, the patch meant for Friday was postponed until next week, too, because they fucked up one of the hotfixes bad.
Citation?

Sentinel

Arcane

Citation?

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Solution for double Amiri:
- go to Oleg's tradepost or your capital,
- remove all companions when you are exiting the location,
- quick save + quick load,
- enter location and now the double Amiri is gone.

Confirmed with Tuskgutter's quest.

so kingdom management in particular is sandwiched between multiple loading screens
It's not too shabby. You can do a fair chunk of kingdom management from the world map as long as your party is within your kingdom's boundaries. A little kingdom button shows up in the lower righthand side which if you click it it loading screens you into the kingdom management page and you can get shit done. As far as I can tell the only thing you can't do from that is the "Sit on a throne and listen to people" events. Still more loading screens than really feels necessary but at least you don't have to haul ass back to your city and load into your throne room to then load into kingdom management.

You can safely drop items on the ground. If it's a persistent map, the items will not disappear.
Thanks! Always paranoid about that in RPGs since it varies wildly from game to game.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is Jubilost's personal quest bugged? It tells me to speak with him but there's no new dialogue options.

edit: figured it out
for anyone else who has the problem, you have to speak to him outside your court room and in the actual city.

this and the nymph are why there won't be a button to go to the map from the throne room

Sharpedge

Prophet
By the way as a chronic character reroller, the sycamore spider dungeon is genuinely unfun to replay.
Whoever decided that spider webs should last for 60 hours OUT OF COMBAT should be hanged.
Right next to the guy that decided to okay a million loading screens in this game.
As another chronic reroller I absolutely agree. The Web spells duration out of combat is an absolute timewaste.

Cael

Arcane
Here it is,tho it seems i had dropped two points somewhere around the road :),maybe changed a shield or some buff was active. Still i am certain that she had 41 at one point,was very proud of my masonry skillz.

X7OPMse.png
Dang. I know you want to bone her, and her face isn't what you like, but did you have to cover it up like that???

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
The truth is, many people would probably also figure this out once they realize that those first 2-3 shops in the game is only thing you will get for a while, if not forever.

I spent about half a million gold or more on building points because I don't have anything to buy. (and because trade deals suck and getting thousands of BP I need to build crap is easier that way - the economy of my Kingdom seem to totally depend on me murderhoboing)

Maybe there will be some shops in Pitax where I am going now but I am not counting on it.

how do you convert gold to BP??

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
The truth is, many people would probably also figure this out once they realize that those first 2-3 shops in the game is only thing you will get for a while, if not forever.

I spent about half a million gold or more on building points because I don't have anything to buy. (and because trade deals suck and getting thousands of BP I need to build crap is easier that way - the economy of my Kingdom seem to totally depend on me murderhoboing)

Maybe there will be some shops in Pitax where I am going now but I am not counting on it.

how do you convert gold to BP??
You simply buy BP with Gold. There's no conversion. One of the merchants in the capital is just selling it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom