Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

PrettyDeadman

They promise there is going to be BIG patch.
I don't give a shit how big it is on the 22nd, the game is fucking broken *now*, and they promised a patch this week. The 22nd is fucking absurd.

If there's no patch in over two weeks, that's two weeks of Owlcat being fucking useless, no matter how big the patch is going to be.
Theyre still going to release hotfixes!

Salvo

Arcane
For anyone curious, the reward for beating Viscount Smoulderburn is:
A diamond worth 1250 GP. Talk about a letdown.

Codex Year of the Donut
Does anyone know what to do with the thing that drops from the shambling horror(? I think that's the name?) on that map? There's a journal nearby with a story, but I couldn't find anything to do with it.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
After considering the upcoming feedback we decided that it will be better to focus on releasing hotfixes with the best possible frequency rather then spending time on testing the next big version. The way we see it now we will keep preparing hotfixes during the next 1-2 weeks. The so called "big patch" with several hundreds improvements and minor fixes will be released after October, 22nd.

owl.png
They've released five hotfixes in ten days. Are they doing any QA on these?

You can see that these guys are accustomed to "games as a service"-style development after years of working at My.com.

Salvo

Arcane
Does anyone know what to do with the thing that drops from the shambling horror(? I think that's the name?) on that map? There's a journal nearby with a story, but I couldn't find anything to do with it.

Doesn't seem like there's any use for it, at least in Chapter 2. I'd hold on to it for now, apparently the game reacts to choices made dozens of hours before, so there's a chance it could be useful in future Acts.

Ruchy

Scholar
Just had a nice surprise with Val's duel.
Just lost Valeries duel and now on her character portrait she has a facial scar, lovely detail.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath

Doesn't seem like there's any use for it, at least in Chapter 2. I'd hold on to it for now, apparently the game reacts to choices made dozens of hours before, so there's a chance it could be useful in future Acts.
You read a journal about it. In short, parasite, the person inside is dead, just kill it.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
No, it's not the playtesters that's the problem. It's his vision. In the end his verdict was "we did well in the time and budget we were allotted".
While I don't have huge disagreements about his system (micromanagement hell and Empower, Pen, class resources and removal of per rest in the sequel notwithstanding), what the competent playtester should've told him is that the UI, tedious micromanagement of abilities and speed of the combat aren't what a normal human being needs to play comfortably. It is absolutely a system designed on paper without practical consideration. And it plays like designed by aliens as a result. We all know nobody at Obs can play the game on PotD and only 2 people can play on hard. If that doesn't raise red flags internally, that is one dysfunctional company, but we also know that's the case, don't we.

I for one like the gameplay of PoE. Don't think much about Empower and was kinda sad to see vancian casting and health/endurance go, but don't have a huge issue with that.
Armor/Pen is not great, but still better then the DnD abstractions for me. In general the system makes much more sense for a computer game then DnD and plays a lot better.
Speed is rather fast... but there is pause for a reason.

Also I have no problems with the UI. I mean, I was annoyed I couldn't see the ability tree apart from character creation and level ups, but guess what? It was fixed. Also the enchantment menu was terrible... well, it's fixed also (well, almost).
It really depends are we talking about PoE or Deadfire. PoE's combat is a clusterfuck and it only gets better in TWM thanks to improved encounter design. Deadfire has a rather good pause-with-realtime combat but you have to spend quite some time to get used to it and learn how to game the system. A less fine-grained system with more RNG (paradoxically) and simplified rules (it's RtwP not TB, no matter how much it wants to be TB) would have been easier to get into and more transparent, but it's good for what it is.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
After considering the upcoming feedback we decided that it will be better to focus on releasing hotfixes with the best possible frequency rather then spending time on testing the next big version. The way we see it now we will keep preparing hotfixes during the next 1-2 weeks. The so called "big patch" with several hundreds improvements and minor fixes will be released after October, 22nd.

owl.png

You can see that these guys are accustomed to "games as a service"-style development after years of working at My.com.
Are you asking if the guys that pushed out a hotfix that basically did not work at all for the vast majority of players, followed by a hotfix-for-the-hotfix that broke basic lvlup/spellbook functionality, and that then pushed the big patch back 17 fucking days, if they are doing QA?

Yeah, no, that had better been fucking rhetorical or I've lost all faith in you, Infinitron.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Just lost Valeries duel and now on her character portrait she has a facial scar, lovely detail.
Even if you win, she will get it.
Ahh damn would have been a nicer touch if it changed the outcome.
The scar is necessary to the character's (sub)plot.
And romance.
She said she only interested in men. In current year.:rpgcodex:

Salvo

Arcane

owl.png

Are you asking if the guys that pushed out a hotfix that basically did not work at all for the vast majority of players, followed by a hotfix-for-the-hotfix that broke basic lvlup/spellbook functionality, and that then pushed the big patch back 17 fucking days, if they are doing QA?

Yeah, no, that had better been fucking rhetorical or I've lost all faith in you, Infinitron.

Hey, leave Infinibot alone! He's just doing what he's programmed to do.

Van-d-all

Erudite
Standin' pretty. In this dust that was a city.
So given the patching process I've spent the last two days actually testing the builds, and aside from the latest hot-fix UI dumpsterfire, a lot of the feats are broken themselves. Most noticeably greater trip doesn't trigger the AOO, and in general attack spamming builds don't really work well. Even with 6ft (reach is generally nerfed compared to p&p) reach weapons. Disappointing, since it will probably take testing, reporting and bug-fixing every single feat, especially in combination with others and that shit takes ages.

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
The ranger was not at all happy with my decision to let the kobolds live and he fucked off somewhere. Good riddance an, I already have three archery characters
They promise there is going to be BIG patch.
It's coming Next Friday, to coincide with the release of Grimoire 2.0

Codex Year of the Donut
And romance.
Valerie is the greatest waifu

Turjan

Arcane

owl.png

If I look at this "hotfix", it's 1.7 GB, much larger than the last ones. It may just be that we are actually looking at the "big patch" here, while they realized that they haven't even scratched the top of bug mountain.

Salvo

Arcane
And romance.
Valerie is the greatest waifu

f6ca55233934d09b2b38cb301d4bc5f6.png

Bdaah > Valerie

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
If I look at this "hotfix", it's 1.7 GB, much larger than the last ones. It may just be that we are actually looking at the "big patch" here, while they realized that they haven't even scratched the top of bug mountain.
It's more likely that the size is due to some files being replaced wholesale, and some of the individual fixes being very large (such as the area fixes or something), because the list of fixes isn't impressive.

Still no fix for Tristian and still no Feather Token fix.

Riel

Arcane
GOG Galaxy just destroyed my installation when attempting to patch to 1.05!!! :rage:

I have to download 24 gigs! :negative::negative::negative::negative:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom