Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Rumors [CONFIRMED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Denial: https://wccftech.com/baldurs-gate-3-larian-studios/

[UPDATE]

We reached out to Larian Studios and they denied the rumor, adding that they haven’t bought any IP and they are continuing to work on Divinity, though the next project (codenamed Gustav) will be properly announced only when the time is right.

And "continuing to work on Divinity"? Post the exact quote, man.

Bester Ask your colleague what he makes of that.

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
Unless Chris Avellone secretly opened a new studio and bought the rights to BG, this will be shit. Who else could be doing it: Bioware, Beamdog?

Beamdog is like three people now and could barely put an EE together, and Bioware seems rather more interested in doing Dragon Age instead of a licensed setting.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
I guess our Fargo was trying to tease inXile's Baldur's Gate 3.

:mlady:

(Or more seriously, what are Mike Laidlaw and David Gaider doing?)

Fairfax

Arcane
Larian don't have to buy the IP, and "not working on BG3" doesn't rule out a BG game. These sound like strangely worded comments, though that could be on the people reporting it.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
A collegue of mine is a facebook friend of a close relative of Sven Vincke.

He said after Sven saw his long terms plans compromised on rpgcodex, he decided to sell the Baldurs Gate License again.

He also said that there is a rumor that Sven sometimes shaves his legs.

Mazisky

Magister
I'm so excited to see the first Baldur's Gate in history without a day\night cycle or npc schedules because "too expensive".

Full daylight all game. Great worldbuilding for an Rpg. Nice immersion.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
PCGamesN poking around:

We’ve reached out to all three studios for comment. A source from Larian says that they’re working on a Divinity project (prompting us to wonder about the possibility of Divinity: Original Sin 3), and not on BG3. We’re yet to hear back from inXile and Beamdog, but we’ll update when we know more.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/baldurs-gate-3-larian-studios

Rubbing salt in the dog's wound:

Since this article’s first publication, a Beamdog source has also revealed that their studio is not working on the game. We’re yet to hear back from inXile, but we’ll update when we know more.

Elex

Arbiter

Dodo1610

Arcane
The documentary clearly said that one of their goals for DOS 2 was to create a canon for the Divinity series. Why would they do that if they want to make Baldurs Gate 3? Why would someone even make BG3 unless it's Bioware big stunt to act like they are returning to their roots. Of course there is still CD projekt, they are definetly crazy enough to revieve a dead IP like this.

Last edited:

Farewell into the night

That's interesting..so there is BG3 in the making? By who? inXile Entertainment?

https://twitter.com/BrianFargo/status/1047967566168174592

nfi2z0a.png

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
he documentary clearly said that one of their goals for DOS 2 was to create a canon for the Divinity series. Why would they do that if they want to make Baldurs Gate 3?
How many offices do they have right now in how many countries?

Farewell into the night

I smell that BG3 will be a cash grab, nothing more. If Fargo know something... it means that the project is cursed by the Cabalistic Black Magic of Hell.

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
he documentary clearly said that one of their goals for DOS 2 was to create a canon for the Divinity series. Why would they do that if they want to make Baldurs Gate 3?
How many offices do they have right now in how many countries?

They have four offices in Belgium, Ireland, Russia and Canada, employing "over 150 people" according to their website. Additionally, they currently have job postings for 30 open positions.

How many projects do you need to occupy ~180 workers?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom