Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Revisiting VtM: Bloodlines

My eyes.. Force AA and AF for crying out loud, what are you doing to yourself?

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
If you are a Tremere you don't need to spec in ranged combat btw.
And let's forget the game is fairly easy, exept just (one) 1 fight.
Said fight is also skippable so...

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
I don't need, but i want.
My graphic is shit because i play on 10 years old laptop and i don't give a shit about grafixx anyway.

vota DC

Augur
I started as a Ventrue with Clan Questo Mod, I like the fact dominate base skill doesn't cost blood and the nerf of bloodbuff...not sure about bloodheal...I mean I have 5 powers now. Also was a great idea to give 2 research for point and replace the mixed skill with research inside: a mute nerd Nosferatu was forced to invest in social skills to use books!
I will avoid firearms, just melee and some brawl I have that presence aura and the fortify skill so I am supposed to stay near enemies and soak damage.

There are some bugs: told tutorial cop to go in the other room then killed the enemy and cop died for no reasons...no big change since my character is going to be evil. Another is when bloodbuff expire and the number of physical points are wrong. A major bug is on character creation: I start with none background and I place my skills, then I change background and I can assign other skills, then I change again....well I can start with all maxed if I want.

Just begun and still in Santa Monica, despite my race I can find tons of good blood but I guess a non social Ventrue can have a lot of troubles, expecially with the Camarilla mod that require constant feeding, anyway people seems to regenerate their own blood faster.

EverlastingLove

Learned
VTMB: Clan Quest Mod 4.0 will be released on 26 October!

What we will get:

• An entirely new story line for Bloodlines featuring a new hub and a whole new cast of fully voiced NPCs. The story focuses around the the city's Sabbat population and gives the player the option to abandon the Camarilla to join up with the Sword of Caine instead!
  • 3 possible new endings
  • A new humanity system that's more reflective of the pen and paper system, and with greater consequence
  • The ability to diablerize other select kindred
  • All the great new content from previous version of Clan Quest Mod
  • Full integration with Unofficial Patch (v 9.2), installed easily and automatically
  • Limited integration with other mods including Arsenal Mod, Camarilla Edition and Comp Mod, all available directly through the CQM's installer

Also:

A 4.1 release of the mod is also expected sometime in the future which will include some other enhancements, not withstanding, bringing the base version of UP included with the mod up to date.

What a happy bunch of people :)

group_shot0002.jpg

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
(...)
A 4.1 release of the mod is also expected sometime in the future which will include some other enhancements, not withstanding, bringing the base version of UP included with the mod up to date.
(...)
In other words it's better to wait a few more months because 4.0 will definitely have many bugs and these new enhancements might make quite the difference. Plus the longer the wait the more eager I'll be to replay it for the n-th time (last time I played it was 3 months ago).

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy

zool

Arcane
For those interested in the Clan Quest Mod, I've posted some news regarding the upcoming 4.0 version release in a separate thread.

Edit: Oh, just realized someone already made a post about it in the previous page.

Guys, clan quest mod 4.0 is out: https://www.moddb.com/mods/vtmb-clan-quest-mod/downloads/clan-quest-mod-40-full-installer

Just a few notes:

> Together with the mod, Burgermeister01 has released a walkthrough full of spoilers. Given that you will spoil half your fun, even by checking who you can diablerie and who you cannot, avoid the walkthrough section as the plague.

> Unluckily, not only he did release a list of people you can diablerie, but also spoiled how you are supposed to diablerie (not step by step which dialogue paths you're supposed to take, but just to what subject you should refer when talking with the guy now diablerized). Basically I ruined my own fun. Seems like that the mod adds also false steps with persuasion, so you can actually use a blue option but that turns out false or plain wrong. Be careful on your meddling, fledgings! A list of who you can diablerise:

Ash
Brother Kanker
Isacc
Jeanette
Therese
Therese\Jeanette
Jezebel Locke
Julius
Serial killer
Pisha
VV

> Check this website for the install instructions: https://clanquestmod.planetvampire.com/how-to-install/

Last edited:
Wesp5
hey Wesp5, sorry for bothering you. I've got a question: does the unofficial patch still have the (Questionable, to me) "fix" to Jeanette\Therese quest that you can't get them to coexist unless you have seduction when you first meet Jeanette and the subsequent times you talk with her?

Wesp5

Arcane
I've got a question: does the unofficial patch still have the (Questionable, to me) "fix" to Jeanette\Therese quest that you can't get them to coexist unless you have seduction when you first meet Jeanette and the subsequent times you talk with her?

No, and this was never added in the first place! The only thing the patch fixes is a syntax error connected to two internal variables called G.Jeanette_Seduce and G.Therese_Seduce in the final confrontation. These have nothing to do with the Seduction stat though...

Wesp5

Time ago I've read that due to the fact that you have to pool a certain amount of points with both Jeanette and Therese, not having seduction when meeting Jeanette the first time would have made you fail saving both sister --> people were actually claiming it was you fixing that syntax error that made everything "harder".

Edit:
Seems like I've found 'traces' of what I was talking about here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=215066276

Seems strange that people talk about it pre-9.7 and post 9.7 instead of vanilla\with patch

Generally, seduction will be needed with Jeanette and must be at level 2, while the persuasion statistic must be at level 4 and won't be important until the climax of the quest, where the blue lines become available. Italics indicate seductive responses and underlined letters persuasive ones.

As for my fellow Nosferatu, it is actually possible to save both personae: Put 4 points in persuasion, as usual. Since you cannot raise your seduction, when you converse with Jeanette for the first time, choose the normal lines that seem to flatter her. As for your second encounter (after obtaining the pendant), do not give her the pendant but be sure to answer to her as I presented in the relevant section of the guide ("Talking to Jeanette in Asylum after obtaining the pendant").

→UP 9.7 Statistic-related note←
As of UP 9.7, players no longer need to invest 2 points in seduction in order to ameliorate their relationship with Jeanette or Therese; just the 4 points in persuasion will do. Nevertheless, I will not delete the seduction prerequisite from the guide in order to help those who have an older version of the Unofficial patch installed.

When did you fix that syntax error?

Wesp5

Arcane
When did you fix that syntax error?

That was already in the UP 2.3 and I don't think I changed something in 9.7. There are about 20 chances to increase your standing with Jeanette, about 6 of which need a Seduction of 2 or more. So indeed it is easier if you have it, but as you only need 4 points in that variable in the end, it can well be done without Seduction...

That was already in the UP 2.3 and I don't think I changed something in 9.7. There are about 20 chances to increase your standing with Jeanette, about 6 of which need a Seduction of 2 or more. So indeed it is easier if you have it, but as you only need 4 points in that variable in the end, it can well be done without Seduction...

Weird offtopic question, but is Tessera still beefing with you?

I don't know. He got banned from all the Bloodlines boards I read and I don't like to go to his own board where he is king and does what he wants...

I figured so, I checked

...looks like he still was at least last september so I figure the beef is still ongoing and most likely will never end. Nice.

Wesp5

Arcane
...looks like he still was at least last september so I figure the beef is still ongoing and most likely will never end. Nice.

That's really sad, especially as I always improve the basic patch too, which is for purists. Zenith here just gave me a lot of feedback on that, and I implemented as much as I could!

Deleted Member 16721

So is Camarilla Edition plus Clan Quest Mod a good combination for someone who has completed the base game three times already?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom