Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

A horse of course

Overall one of most enjoyable games I've played recently and I'd recommend it to anyone who likes cute girls, fun melee combat and existential melodrama. Also, I hadn't played a single NieR/Drakengard title before starting this and it really makes no difference - they're more part of the same universe/thematic circle than sequels/prequels, so don't let that hold you back from jumping in.
If you liked this, you should try the original Nier. Combat isn't nearly as much fun, but the melodrama's just as good, if not better. And while it's true that playing it is by no means mandatory to enjoy Automata, there are a bunch of references and continued story arcs.

Meh, it's too much trouble for me to play Gestalt or Replicant. I can't be bothered to buy a PS3 or 360 when there are plenty of other PS1/PS2 classics I can emulate.

edit: Oh for fucks sake those fucks

Last edited by a moderator:

Walden

Savant
6furety.jpg

N0FR9Bi.jpg

What game is that?
Gray Dawn.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
(basically impossible without being connected to the Square/console network after multiple retries)
Does that mean you won't max out game if you desire to play it later in the future, when they pull out the plug from the server?

Endemic

Arcane
Some sage advice from our second-in-command before a battle:

ZR6JvPU.jpg

Oh hey, it's a LOTR reference:

dSE6QM9.jpg

Appropriately, Mjollnir does bonus magical damage:

VF3hQme.jpg

A horse of course

(basically impossible without being connected to the Square/console network after multiple retries)
Does that mean you won't max out game if you desire to play it later in the future, when they pull out the plug from the server?

I assume so, if they don't patch it. Though IIRC it's possible to edit a txt file or something on PC to cheat through the minigame.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Yup. Wanna know what's worse? They are all Lv 1 and die in one hit. It's a pure exercise in tedium, and the reward is a random item. :roll:
They become stronger at wave 34 and again at wave 67, so it isn't quite as simple as that. Finished it in about 40-45 minutes. The amount of experience you gain is a greater reward than the treasure. That and bragging rights. :obviously:

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
Beastro Fallout Nevada
Astral Rag The translation is pretty good! Some bits are a bit hard to follow at times (especially regarding the main plot, and a few instances in New Reno), there are a few errors here and there but everything else is perfectly fine.

HansDampf

Arcane
pusCQXl.png

I finished Descent on Hot Shots difficulty with my no-save rule. It took lots of game overs, mostly thanks to hitscan drillers and red hulks.

AOb1BYE.png

:rpgcodex: Nuke from orbit!
It doesn't help that they are extremely aggressive and would often jump out in front of me.
Red hulks are also ragequit material. But over time I've found a good way to deal with them is to just rush in, accept taking a hit, and/or circle around them (they have a slow turn rate). That's far less frustrating than trying to peek around a corner and chip away at them. And the game knows these enemies are bullshit, because it gives you plenty of cloaks and invulns to deal with them.

bYSixvx.png

Please send help!

a8cV6U4.png

aFfeZU5.png

Lacuna Coil likes this.

zDfeL5K.png

Entering the prep room before the final boss.
:shredder:

wWaFSlt.png

gXDo5N9.png

:yeah:
If it weren't for those drillers I would consider playing this again and try to finish it without game over, or on higher difficulty.
But then there's also Overload...

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
The hot sand gave way to the icy lands, it's a new campaign. The Khan sets his sight upon the lands of the Vaegirs.

YM5IPzf.jpg

The fools stood no chance against us on open ground. Our lightning fast cavalry rained arrows and lancers pick isolated targets at their leisure. But today is a different proposition: we are going to take the city of Khudan.

VAmb93C.jpg

'Dismount,' came the order. I took no chances. Two shields. One on my left arm, the other on my back.

hoZFCYC.jpg

Bodies poured forth. The walls await.

tAwPoNN.jpg

One of the skirmishers mocked my lance. He was right. The battle demands a different weapon.
I made my way atop the wall, swapped the useless piece of metal with a two-handed ax, feeling its weight.

TfwHYyR.jpg

Let's go.

6qnRyMo.jpg

'This side's full, watch our backs!' They were right to be worried.

AY1vjAN.jpg

The Vaegirs poured out of their keep. I hefted the axe back and ready to play gatekeeper. The Khan nods grimly and sallied forth as well.

AgC6sQW.jpg

There were too many. The grip begins to slip. Too much blood on the handle.

tB8hHm0.jpg

I fell back to the ramp, awaiting the next wave of our offensive.

TntYRKa.jpg

A few deep breaths, and the blood on the handle begin to dry.

dIOQf9S.jpg

We beat them back. Over and over. Heads flew. I lost count. I didn't kill them, I simply took their heads.
All of the sudden the wall went silent, only archers beneath us remain.

tQShiKg.jpg

'This is no feint! Finish them!' I quickly stepped down the stairs, ax lifted and ready.

Q1Y0oEd.jpg

At last, no more defenders came. The city is ours. Their losses were horrific. Ours were heroic.

qdia0dX.jpg

NQuqiyf.jpg

0TMUMFW.jpg

Khudan is ours.

dNmHCnJ.jpg

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hi.

ry1MKtE.png

FqrDO3Z.png

Liked the game, but not much of a challenge. Was expecting some head-scratchers but mostly just flew through the game. Game is Unavowed.

Last edited:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
cFZ3mwZ.jpg

Today's objective is Castle Nelag. The Vags will never know what hit them.

f3CKoh4.jpg

We're not so lucky this time, the defenders are already at the walls.

3PkZTfX.jpg

GHQvDSL.jpg

'This ladder's full! Take the other one!'
Yeah right, shithead...safety in numbers. I was the only one to ascend the second ladder.
My hammer is ready to greet the hosts.

2BHbQq8.jpg

The defense is surprisingly weak on my side. I dispatched a few more defenders and turned my attention into the large melee on the other ladder.

1Glbn4v.jpg

Smashing a few skulls, I spotted additional reinforcements coming from below.

ZnhIPLF.jpg

'Guys! Hold this spot, we have the advantage. Take them as they ascend!'

vjMwnm7.jpg

I ready my bloodied hammer...

QpDcnzn.jpg

...but none gave a fuck. They all charged down the stairs. I can't even join in if I wanted to, the stairs were clogged. But I noticed the arrows flying from the other side of the wall.

Qb3nRMe.jpg

Tricky bastards. Let's deal with those. I pick up a saber from the floor and advance with my shield raised.

5Qt5Y9W.jpg

Well, I slashed down 3-4 of them but to my horror I was the only one there, and the archers below begin to take potshots at me! I couldn't finish them off and retreated to the stairs, where the brawl is still ongoing.

cNX0rBW.jpg

Shit's not going so great. Our infantry is completely exposed to the archers... bodies start toppling down the stairs. Mostly ours. I grab a fresh shield off the ground and charged down.

1hcaGbQ.jpg

EpMWYCW.jpg

Slashing like a madman, I dispatched 5-10 archers with 3-5 remaining allies behind me. But soon they too fell to the archers.
And it was just me and those dastardly archers at the wall. Four of them.

FBUFpER.jpg

I look behind me, no one else. The courtyard is silent save for the moanings of the wounded. Arrows continue to latch on my shield as I make my way back up the wall, grabbing yet another fresh shield from the pile of corpses.

GjiY8fA.jpg

I slashed two down.

DSQTLIa.jpg

And soon there's only one.

44Vl2Qz.jpg

'You fought well, for a Vag,' I slashed him down.

lBahdvq.jpg

No cheers. Just me and a pile of bodies.

aae4Ud7.jpg

ZuNFlyL.jpg

The Khan claims the castle.

onzwKqH.jpg

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
0iVFZL1.jpg

Stopped by Black in Green. Next stop Sagittarius A. Just 80 or so jumps remaining.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom