Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

asterix

Educated
Huh, it was a curveball for me when I tried to 'back-translate' this. :hahano:

"Put a pig" in Russian means "throw a curve ball" in English. Cube = dice, obviously

That's neat. I can read Russian, but my vocab's not too strong, especially on idioms, so I couldn't make much more out of that phrase than Google did either. Now it makes perfect sense :hug:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Here we go, all the portraits, extracted, plus some minor shit I wanted to keep when I saw it (mostly for personal (a)buse):

https://anonfile.com/705b6ci1b5/Extracted_Shit_Worth_Saving_7z

Be aware that depending on how sensitive you are, there may or may not be minor spoilers in certain portraits or file names of portraits.

That said, I think this really shows how few portraits there actually are in PF:K, and a bunch of those that exist are barely (if ever) seen, such as the animals. It's interesting to see that the full portraits (usually reserved for a character's Biography-page) are available for basically all characters that have portraits, even if we'll never get to see them. Usually you only see the mid-size portraits of NPC:s.

This game gives me so many nostalgia vibes of playing nwn2 as a little kid
But thankfully nowhere near as much cancer, I hope.
but the one good thing is that there aren't any disgusting teiflings like neeshka in this game.
You shut your whore mouth.

Parrots: 45
You're not even worthy of taking her name in your mouth, much less anything else. She was the sole good thing about that fucking abortion of a game.

:negative:
Hopefully the Enhanced Edition will have more portraits. They are pretty awesome, we just need more of them.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Here we go, all the portraits, extracted, plus some minor shit I wanted to keep when I saw it (mostly for personal (a)buse):

https://anonfile.com/705b6ci1b5/Extracted_Shit_Worth_Saving_7z

Be aware that depending on how sensitive you are, there may or may not be minor spoilers in certain portraits or file names of portraits.

That said, I think this really shows how few portraits there actually are in PF:K, and a bunch of those that exist are barely (if ever) seen, such as the animals. It's interesting to see that the full portraits (usually reserved for a character's Biography-page) are available for basically all characters that have portraits, even if we'll never get to see them. Usually you only see the mid-size portraits of NPC:s.

This game gives me so many nostalgia vibes of playing nwn2 as a little kid
But thankfully nowhere near as much cancer, I hope.
but the one good thing is that there aren't any disgusting teiflings like neeshka in this game.
You shut your whore mouth.

Parrots: 45
You're not even worthy of taking her name in your mouth, much less anything else. She was the sole good thing about that fucking abortion of a game.

:negative:
Hopefully the Enhanced Edition will have more portraits. They are pretty awesome, we just need more of them.
Completely unironically, they're among the best I've ever seen in games. I hope they can keep the same style up and give us more, but given the quality, I can't imagine that they're cheap.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, the portraits are really good. Just a shame there are so few.

There should really have been one unique non-companion portrait for every character type (warrior, arcane caster etc).

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
My Paladin met the Half Orc and Comrade who said he is lot less annoying than Octavia are right; He has sense of humor, is not whiner despite being ex slave putting hopefully the ''I am so unfortunate to be born in noble family and be pretty'' snowflake to shame and and he generally speaks the sense like suggesting to just exterminate monsters or kill the slaver mage... but his pointy ear ho on the others side... I wish there were gags in this game.

Would give 10/10 if he not tried to bang my Paladin, but he did takes a no without drama and even wants to share not only his booze but his cumdump too. Best companion in game so far.

:5/5::4/5:/:5/5::5/5:

Also must say I love how Judge Dread Lawful Good Dialogue options are making neutral good some kind of boy scout in comparison. :incline:

Van-d-all

Erudite
Standin' pretty. In this dust that was a city.
Yeah, the portraits are really good. Just a shame there are so few.

There should really have been one unique non-companion portrait for every character type (warrior, arcane caster etc).
As good as they are, given time, effort and probably money they took, I think they are more of an advertisement for the game to look cool on screenshots than an actual feature.

Wait a minute... encumbrance gives an AG limit?! FFFFfuuuUUUUUUUUU~!!!
Who the hell uses these rules in PnP anyway?!?!
Yeah, it makes STR a bit too important stat IMO.

Sentinel

Arcane
https://steamcommunity.com/games/Pathfinder_Kingmaker/announcements/detail/1708445194413594388

Hotfix 1.0.6 – October, 5th 2018
5 OCTOBER - OLEG_SH
Hello everyone!

The weekend is coming, and the team is doing its best to solve some more issues before our dear pathfinders will have well-deserved opportunity to relax and play after another long workweek. It happens we have a chance to publish one more hotfix today.

Please, be aware that there are plot spoilers in the descriptions below (in the Quest, Areas and Kingdom sections)!

Quests
  • The Secluded Lodge area has an empty caption on the Global Map during the "Deal with the Devil" quest. Resolution: fixed.
  • The option to give an Emerald Necklace to Kimo was not available. Resolution: fixed.
  • "A Score to Settle" quest did not work correctly if the player met Ekun after Kargadd was killed. Resolution: fixed.
  • Some quest characters did not appear at the Capital Square during companion quests under certain circumstances. Resolution: fixed.

Areas
  • In some cases, players couldn't return Bartholomew his whip. Resolution: fixed.
  • Some players complained about a missing part of the Storyteller dialogue in the Throne Room – there was no option to sell mementos. Resolution: fixed.
  • Flintlock Grasslands area will no longer be inaccessible after all events are completed in that location (this is to reduce the size of save files).
  • In some cases, after the dialogue with Amiri at the end of Flintlock Grasslands only Amiri stayed under player's control - the rest of the party could go missing. Resolution: fixed.
  • Incorrect loot icon on the Map of Old Sycamore Dungeon (no loot was available, in fact). Resolution: fixed.
  • The wrong dialogue could start with captive Amiri at Flintlock Grasslands. Resolution: fixed.
  • Some area elements could be loaded incorrectly during the "Burying the Past" quest at Ruined Watchtower. Resolution: fixed.
  • Bartholomew's dialogue at Wizard's Laboratory could sometimes display incorrect answer options. Resolution: fixed.
  • One of the options in the dialogue with Alex Covenorb was recursive and didn't allow to end the dialogue. Resolution: fixed.
  • Bartholomew related events could become broken in case of his early death from the Troll/bandits/random monsters. Resolution: fixed.
  • The player could miss a few important doors at the Sepulcher of Forgotten Heroes area. Resolution: the doors are highlighted to draw the player's attention.

Items
  • Save/load could corrupt items in the Baron's chest - they lost their magical features until the next save/load while they are in the party Inventory. Resolution: fixed. All items that were corrupted have been restored.
  • There were no options to learn feats to use the following exotic weapons: Dwarven Urgrosh, Gnome Hooked Hammer, Orc Double Axe, Two-bladed Sword. Resolution: "Exotic Weapon Proficiency" feat has the corresponding choices now.
  • Such exotic weapons as the Gnome Hooked Hammer, Orc Double Axe и Sling Staff were not counted as special weapon for gnomes, half-orcs and halflings accordingly. Resolution: fixed.

User Interfaces
  • There were issues with "Combat text", "Party information in combat", "Enemy information in combat" (so called Overtips settings) and "Dialogue" settings : 1) players did not understand that these settings are stored within the save file; 2) the value of these settings could be changed by switching "Immersion Mode". Resolution: the Overtips and "Dialogue" settings are moved to "Difficulty" page of the Options. Difficulty page is no longer available form Main Menu.
  • Cleric couldn't be level-upped if there were no options in domain progression. Resolution: fixed.
  • Spells from another character’s spells list could show up during a caster level-up. Resolution: fixed.
  • Key binding for the tactical pause is displayed correctly in the tutorial message now.

Kingdom
  • The "Invincible Kingdom" option was added. When turned on, your barony or kingdom will not be destroyed even when its state drops below Crumbling. This option is switched on by default for the "Story mode" difficulty. Please note that story critical events tied to the main threat of the chapter can still destroy your kingdom! However, you will get several warnings before that happens.
  • The artisan Bokken would come every time you get to the Throne Room with the same dialogue. Resolution: fixed.
  • Different cutscenes would sometimes start at the same time at Throne Room. Resolution: fixed for all new save files. Be aware that the current saves may still suffer from this issue, unfortunately.
  • Some visitors (artisans) had wrong dialogues at Throne Room. Resolution: fixed.

Classes
  • Characters lost Protection From Energy effect after load. Resolution: fixed.
    Misc
  • Wrong sound effects for druid wild shape transformations. Resolution: fixed.
    New pack of localization fixes for FR, DE, ZH (mostly).

hell bovine

Arcane
  • The "Invincible Kingdom" option was added. When turned on, your barony or kingdom will not be destroyed even when its state drops below Crumbling. This option is switched on by default for the "Story mode" difficulty. Please

:lol::lol::lol:

Next hotfix will replace the owlbears with:
1215452205763786920.png

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
And now tell us what bugs his hot fix add Comrades. Look so far its best to stick to 1.03 and play the first three chapters anyway until real patch get released around 22 of October.

Yeah, I've stopped playing until the first proper patch is out.

I had relatively few issues until I got past Chapter 3, but past that the game has been a nightmare.

Syme

Arbiter
archers are hilariously broken, I have no idea if it's a inherent flaw of pathfinder's PnP system or what

[...]
I have no practical experience with PnP PF in itself (sadly), just a lot of exposure and theoretics, but given that it's based on 3.5, I'd say it's actually the opposite. Sure, PF tried to deal with it in a variety of ways, and I'm sure all the feats are pretty much straight from the tabletop, but generally speaking, melee is superior to ranged. Of course, a lot of things that affect ranged effectiveness aren't factors in PF:K. For example, it's hilariously easy to score ranged sneak attacks in PF:K, whereas in PF/3.5, getting consistent ranged sneak attacks is something entire builds are based on. The game also largely favors nuking/focusing and pure damage-dealing, whereas positioning and the exposed nature of the ranged combatants are more of an issue on a tabletop.

It all just sorta adds up to making ranged vastly better than melee, 9 times out of 10, I guess. However, just so we're clear, let's not pretend Baldur's Gate/2 was any better on that point. I think it's just one of those things that are concept-based rather than pure numbers, and when it comes down to it, in order to stay competitive numbers-wise (which they have to in order to function as a viable choice), they end up being generally stronger because killing someone at range is simply inherently better than killing someone as they are stabbing you in the face. I know which I'd choose.
The problem with archers in PnP is quite simple: I cast Melf's Acid Arrow and sunder his wooden +1 flaming frost lightning splitting doom bow of doom.

#3 Magical weapons don't have a few HP, acid does ignore hardness but you still need to eat through its HP which is increased with each +1 on the bow.

In Pathfinder it doesn't. They removed any mention of acid and left a vague description that certain energy types may, at the GMs discretion, be effective against certain materiels. If you play by RAW, acid damage (like all energy damage) gets halved before hardness even comes into play, which in turn makes animated objects (and other enemies with hardness, like robots) a complete nightmare to deal with at low levels. You can quite easily kill off your players since they're not gonna run away from a fucking table, even if they can only barely hurt it.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm genuinlly impressed how annoying Octavia and Valeria are. Holy cow.
Linzi is that one annoying on purpose companion. So it's fine.
Amiri is a cardboard stereotype. Meh. Acceptable.
Only Dwarf Xan seems like a quality bro.

Was MCA involved in companions?

Shadenuat

Arcane
Dwarf Xan also has somewhat interesting story. Very anti-tolkienish.

Also, because the plot
has a lot about entropy and kingdoms destroyed
, Harrim often has something interesting to say about it and even manages to talk down some major plot NPCs.

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
None. Any time you think you got a weapon you want, a +5 +2d6 +casts 17 level spell per day better thing is waiting for you around the corner with weapon type you would never have guessed.

2-handers with high crit are decent due to how power attack works. dual wielding is probably good too.

Reinhardt

Arcane
None. Any time you think you got a weapon you want, a +5 +2d6 +casts 17 level spell per day better thing is waiting for you around the corner with weapon type you would never have guessed.

2-handers with high crit are decent due to how power attack works. dual wielding is probably good too.
So i decided to grab cleave.
33 days until deadline, stag lord is ded. His fight was pretty retarded - dem bow crits for 50 damage... It's really hard to stop enemies from raising alarm on unfair so i ended with full frontal assault in the end.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom