Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Ivan

Arcane
why would you be sitting on duplicate keys for an extended period of time?

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer

RELEASE: WIZARDS & WARRIORS

4d45683d234d84cf065ebb3ab172cca389739da69c4d28e5ea481994cf78efce.jpg
Wait a minute...

2569.jpg

15109910-355360-1-0-1500379917-1500379920-650-1-1500379920-650-e11a2d03ca-1500391047.jpg

NOTE: NSFSJW
I thought something was screwy. WTH is wrong with an axe? Elf tits seem present.... maybe two versions of art.

Now the Christ pic.... The lady who cleaned thatshould get a friggin award. More people went to see that church after the press release.

And it’s the MONKEY KING!

Yeah I went through a huge CuriousGeorge fascination during the healing of back surgery.

Sheesh!

Oh yeah baby needs a spanking!

Yeah Hordak you spankity spank spank that octopussy bitch. She’s just soooooo baaaad!

Last edited by a moderator:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
All that butthurt caused by people who can't pay peanuts for other two, heavily bundled games, is glorious.
SW2 on the other hand had meh promos and was not bundled.
Combat looks cool at the first glance (chainswords!) but it gets worse the more spongy enemies become.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
They couldn’t give premium edition? Maybe I want to be solid gold.

I suppose SW2 is SJW safe? No boobies bouncing and scantily clad chicks with uzis attacking? No lewdness? I need to read the reviews I guess.

I don’t recall if I had finished the first one as by at that point I was so Duked out from mods I felt pretty meh towards it.

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Decent game (chainsword) killed by bulletspongy enemies.
Went from classic approach into Borderland territory.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Since Shadow Warrior 2 is free, I gave it a go.

*yawn* It looks really cool, but the gameplay is off. It's an Action RPG in first-person perspective. I beat the first level and I felt bored half-way through.

Pass.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I noticed a similarity to Hellgate London. Those mechs you can cast out and weapons you can upgrade or deconstruct aided in that as well as mentioning some random areas that could have long stretches of no enemies.

Now, I liked the modded hellgate London but I tend to like said games of repitition if I am looking for something to put me to sleep. It’s better than a bedtime story.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I already have Shadow Warrior Classic Complete (probably a freebie also). Now I notice there is Shadow WarriorClassic Redux and Shadow Warrior 2013.

Worth getting at all?

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Why the hell ain’t Duke on Gog? Is the steam version annoying for off-line computers?

Ivan

Arcane
Shadow Warrior 2 definitely makes a poor first impression. Limp gunplay coupled with lame enemy design drove me away after an hour. Also, Flying Wild Hog taking the loot route, a la Borderlands, is massive decline.

Why not emphasize mobility and more player expression.

mck

Cipher
I'm not sure if this is a new thing or not, but when I bought return to castle Wolfenstein I also received arena and daggerfall

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I should have kept track of that. I don’t know if I got free keys for each but if so then I’d have a lot of copies (not now since there’s this 2 week or month deletion of keys not claimed).

The deletion seems like it’d screw up the trade scene or giveaways on gog. People do gift to others. I wouldn’t know since I just buy and that’s it. I don’t like begging like a homeless gamer riding the Internet rails site to site with my cyber-woof by my side and my digital cardboard sign “please give...anything will help”

mwnn85

Savant
Just google for setup_duke3d_2.0.0.85.exe if you want the Atomic Edition that was once offered on GOG, probably be the first link.

It doesn't come with the official expansions but neither does the 20th Ann World Tour on STEAM.

Expansion filenames and SHA1 sums plus more info:

1b66c3ad9a65556044946dd1ca97a839fcfedc3b DUKEDC.GRP
a6728f621f121f9db02ee67c39efdbb5eea95711 NWINTER.GRP
65b8b787616ed637f86cfcaa90de24c8e65b3dcc VACATION.GRP

I'd post those but certain people here might get upset over it.
I play it all through eDuke32 on Linux.

I wouldn't give Gearbox a penny for the World Tour; lots of complaints about the "new" weapon and the new episode is meant to be quite uneven.
Here's a decent video comparison.
Some of the new voice recordings sound pretty awful, the SFX are badly muffled and I can't decide whether I like the new "glow" lighting or not.

The previous Megaton edition was a far better offering.

EDIT:
The old CD-ROM images and lots of other things have been archived over at archive.org

Last edited by a moderator:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Does ToME work on similar model - free game with paid "premium" version?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom