Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Vigilantes: neo-noir, turn based tactical RPG

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Fuck off. Another good game to play :negative: you had to release ahead of time. You just had to.

You people want to ruin me.

Thank God it's Friday.
Agreed. I can actually play for a bit, today.

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
Time to decide what matters in your life, Lhynn. Your entire life has been leading to this moment. I've linked the trailer to help you out.

ushas

Savant
This city’s going to hell. Vicious mobsters, violent, fever-eyed cultists, cop-killing survivalists. Don’t know if Lhynn can stop them...

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Well, you listened to my nitpicking about the tooltips. Unfortunately...
2018.10.05-21.0828pdhq.png

Also, it seems like Sam's monologue at the beginning keeps playing even if you skip the opening cinematic. Bug? It's impossible to hear what he's saying, at any rate. Edit: It only happens when I skip it with the Esc key.
I'm still in love with the character creation screen. :greatjob:
How does the game determine whether or not you start with a gun? Does it depend on the difficulty setting, or just RNG?

Last edited:

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
Also, it seems like Sam's monologue at the beginning keeps playing even if you skip the opening cinematic. Bug? It's impossible to hear what he's saying, at any rate. Edit: It only happens when I skip it with the Esc key.
I'm still in love with the character creation screen. :greatjob:
How does the game determine whether or not you start with a gun? Does it depend on the difficulty setting, or just RNG?

Possibly the volume not being lowered quickly enough. Does it play the whole thing at a low level?

Sam always gets a gun. :cool:

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Possibly the volume not being lowered quickly enough. Does it play the whole thing at a low level?
The whole speech plays over the first combat encounter and the loot screen at the end, which it doesn't when I press the SKIP button on the top right. Actually I just tested it one more time, and it only occurs if I hammer the Esc key before the cinematic even starts. No big deal, then.
As for the gun thing, I was being an idiot and got the menu for switching between attack types confused with the menu for changing weapons. :oops:

deama

Prophet
So anyone got a review for this yet? How is this compared to age of decadence, original sin, or ToEE etc...?

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
Reformist made a video.

Worth keeping in mind that he's playing on Vigilante difficulty, and playing a few early missions. The next difficulty level, hard boiled is moderately challenging for me, and there's one more after that.

How bad are the bugs?
Rate it from divinity:os to kingmaker in terms of buggyness.

Falksi

Arcane
Looks shit hot. Will grab it in a few weeks when I've finished my current batch of games.

Planning on playing it listening to this........

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
How bad are the bugs?

I've played for about 5 hours in the last couple days and haven't run into any. In fact, there aren't many inconveniences or rough edges at all.

Everything that was incomplete back when I played this during Early Access has come together beautifully. For anyone sitting on the fence, I can't recommend this game highly enough.

Reinhardt

Arcane
I'll wait. If i get it right now - i'll have to try it. And if i try it - maybe i'll continue. Fuck this shit. Need to finish already started games.:negative:

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Vigilantes.png

Alright, I ended up buying this since I'm REALLY craving for a squad tactics game and Xenonauts 2 is giving me the worse case of blue balls ever known to men. Now let's see whether or not the :incline: is real.

Falksi

Arcane
Go call the vigilante
He'll turn this place upside down
Go call the vigilante
He don't get kicked around

Hold on there's a new way a comin'
Looks like it's arriving tonight
There's no more hiding or running
There's no more walking on ice

:dance::dance::dance:

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Right, so first question: how do support skill even work? Does only Sam skill actually counts? Do they add up? Guy with the best skill is used? And what about leadership? Does it work to have a leader who ISN'T Sam...?

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
Right, so first question: how do support skill even work? Does only Sam skill actually counts? Do they add up? Guy with the best skill is used? And what about leadership? Does it work to have a leader who ISN'T Sam...?

Cheers Eyestabber. Best skill is used in the vast majority of situations, including the CYOA bits. Only example I can think of is surveillance, which always uses Sam's. The character with the highest leadership is considered the leader of the combat team. Arcadi is likely the best pick for leader/interrogator.

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
Did you change Ray's skills?
He was my go to interrogator when I played V29.

I did make some adjustments, either in V29 or 30. Generally focused the skill gains on less skills, but giving more points to them, and also trying to fit the skills in more with their backstory. Ray was the most spread out, he had points in everything. If memory serves, he's now better at bypass and surveillance, and more melee focused.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom